Forums

Topic: Playstation PushSquare Best Game Of All time Cup

Posts 1,541 to 1,557 of 1,557

Sanquine

@themcnoisy: Aaahw was to late But glad 2 games that i voted for counted. I adored uncharted 2 and can't wait for uncharted 4 to outshine it's predeccesors.

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

Churchy

Despite having not played it yet (!), I know that Uncharted 2 was a watershed moment, and one that launched Naughty Dog to a new legendary status. I remember watching their videos on how their new technology captured performances so actors could actually react to each other - more like a play - and being amazed. Also, I've never seen The Last of Us as being the standout 10/10 game that most seem to think it is (it's a great game but there are things that held it back for me). So this is a really cool result as it's not as expected. Also Crash was in the top 10 and Rayman Origins made it to top 20, so it's all good!

And of course, it's always a bit of fun! Thanks @themcnoisy - hope you're doing well with whatever you're doing.

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

BAMozzy

@get2sammyb: With many probably never playing the classics, its unsurprising. You would also think that games have improved over the years too so modern games in theory should be better.

@themcnoisy: Congratulations and thank-you for this - its been fun!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KingSimba

Wow, Congrats to Uncharted 2. ME2 on top 10, NICE!
P4G on top 25, not bad but hoped it had a better rank because it deserves it. Special thanks to @themcnoisy for his great work, pat on the back sir!👏

KingSimba

WanderingBullet

Good job @themcnoisy for organizing this event.

Can't argue with 6 out of 10 games listed in the Top 10.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

themcnoisy

@Quintumply: No problem Mr Talliby, thanks for voting bro. I may have the chance to play more RL now!

@Sanquine: Cheers, thanks for voting.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jbumi

This was fun! Thanks for all your time running this. Let's do it again in a few years!!!! 😉

Jbumi

ztpayne7

This was a lot of fun! Thanks for doing this!

It really shows how diverse of a group we have!

ztpayne7

themcnoisy

@Jbumi: 2018.

@ztpayne7: Exactly, that's why its a true reflection of the best games.

@Churchy go and play uncharted 2, like right now! Lol. I find it unlikely you will enjoy it as much as gameplay orientated games, I'm in a similar mindset. But its still a must play game.

Churchy

@themcnoisy: The funny thing is I have the first two on my shelf. The strange thing is I actually really enjoy narrative based games with cutscenes and the like - my main beef with The Last of Us was that it was asking all of these moral questions, but you as a player weren't allowed to choose anything, like you could with The Walking Dead. Also, for a game that took itself VERY seriously, I found the Joel-o-vision a bit silly and more of trend in games after the Batman Arkham series.

However, Uncharted seems like a really fun romp and is something I want to get into. I just didn't have a PS3 during the main years and it passed me by!

Twitter:

BAMozzy

@Churchy: I must admit, I found the Last of Us wasn't as 'great' as I was expecting. I didn't think that Joel-o-vision fitted in to the game, the crafting was basic and unnecessary, the story was 'predictable' and the I really had no affinity to the characters. The water sections, where you had to find a pallet to get Ellie across wore thin by the 3rd time too.

Uncharted is a lot more fun all round. The character interactions are great and a lot of the ad-hoc bantering between the actors actually made it into the game making it seem more 'alive' and real. Nolan North. Emily Rose (Haven - if you watched it) and Richard McGonagle are really excellent. It is very 'Indiana Jones'. The Nathan Drake collection is well worth picking up if you don't have a PS3. The only thing 'missing' is the MP but you get the full campaign.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Churchy

@BAMozzy: I'm in agreement here. I still enjoyed it and think it is a great game, but I never found it to be a tour-de-force.

In that case, I shall explore the series shortly. I bought a PS3 in about 2012 so I could play the games I missed during that generation, but I still have a few left!

Twitter:

themcnoisy

So to wrap the thread up, a massive thanks to everyone who voted, we even got an article about the cup. We are world famous people!

I won't be running another cup of this type for another couple of years, but look out for the forum game of the year starting at the end of November!

Thanks Bamozzy, churchy, adf, DerMeister, JairoMC, Jbumi, king simba, skcdiamond, quintumply, fatman, anchorsam, tasuki, starlord, sub, gamer83, wesker, wanderingbullet, kupo, Kyle, ztpain, Sammy, elodin, cloud runner, pat, Biolan, neurotic biotic, sanquine, melaneil, apkzak, shellcore, ashuk, Stevie, Simon and everyone else who voted!

Edited on by themcnoisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.