Forums

Topic: Playstation PushSquare Best Game Of All time Cup

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,557

sub12

@get2sammyb:

Hey, Journey isn't number one in either category! My hope in humanity is restored (minus the gaming-media portion!).

sub12

Gamer83

I love Uncharted 2 but that has to be considered a bit of an upset. I thought at the start of this the winner was going to be either FF VII or The Last of Us. Great job, @themcnoisy, this was fun.

Gamer83

Elodin

Great list. Well done.

Elodin

sub12

@Gamer83:

I can still understand Uncharted 2 though, the game just flows incredibly well from start to finish, in comparison to any game really........just outstanding tempo throughout (and something that Uncharted 3 lacked a bit in).

Edited on by sub12

sub12

DerMeister

Pretty strong list. Happy to see MGS3 take bronze, as well as R&C 3 and Rayman Origins get solid placing.

@themcnoisy Thanks for setting all this up.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

sub12

@get2sammyb:

How do you think Uncharted 4 compares to The Last of Us and Uncharted 2? Naughty Dog's best yet?

sub12

sub12

@get2sammyb:

Metal Slug is better than Journey, Sonic 2 is better than Journey, Darius Gaiden is better than Journey, San Francisco Rush 2049 is better than Journey, Quake 2 is better than Journey, etc, etc, etc.......I mean, it's a pretty big damm list.

sub12

themcnoisy

@Gamer83: Thanks for joining in! FF7 is starting to fade both as an influence and in peoples memory. Pity, great game.

@sub12 Me too, I'm not into U2 (the band and game) but I can appreciate I played the hd rerelease - the game changed a lot of things I now take for granted.

@get2sammyb thanks Sammy, please do. Its been ages since we started and I'm in no hurry to do another. I listened to the podcast earlier and your summary of U4 and why U2 is held in high esteem got me thinking. Its probably on par with the likes of Ocarina of Time, Half Life 2, Super Mario Bros 3 and Doom. They all had a monumental impact and changed the future of their respective genres, although they may not be the best examples of that genre today. Thanks for voting!

@Elodin: Thanks for voting!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@DerMeister: You and me both bro. MGS 3 got a rightful place at the top table. Rayman Origins did much better than I thought it possibly could do - and I love it!

Thanks for voting in every round! I also noticed on the podcast tonight they are finally saying your name right. Result.

themcnoisy

@sub12: Well its actually official that there are 18 playstation games better than Journey.

For me Journey is almost art. The trudging up the mountain, the weird symbols, sliding in the sand, the changes in the environment, being isolated, have someone there, losing someone, calling out, being alone.

Journey stays with you - in many ways similar to playing metal slug and sonic 2. But a sense of loss is something you will never feel in either of those games.

Gamer83

@sub12:
Yeah, I actually like the choice, I hold Uncharted 2 in very high regard. It's in my top 3 favorites from last gen with GTA V and The Last of Us and in my top 15 all-time favorites in over 25 years of gaming. It's a fantastic experience.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AdamNovice

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves. The game that launched Naughty Dog's reputation into the stratosphere. Very few studios reach a level of popularity and respect to the point where they seem like they can't do wrong. Rare, FromSoftware, Bioware, ID Software, Kojima Productions and Rockstar North are some of the developers that I feel reached such heights. Uncharted 2 was THE game that lifted them there after a decade of upward momentum and growth through the Crash and Jak & Daxter franchises, and to think many doubted at the time whether the team could transition from 3D mascot platformers into a far more realistic 3rd person shooter, now look. The highest praise I could give it at the time was that it was everything I wanted but never got from the last Indiana Jones film. The sense of adventure, memorable and believable characters that you wanted to share it with. And just a lot of fun.
Final note: Well done once again to @themcnoisy for holding a great competition again that's kept this small but passionate community active in recent weeks.

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

sub12

@themcnoisy:

Maybe I just don't have a heart.....

@Gamer83:

For sure, this is a very good list overall.......can't disagree.

sub12

cloudrunner64

This has been a great undertaking. Not really sure about Uncharted 2 though. Either way, good fun doing this and thanks for all the effort involved in making it.

PSN cloud_runner64

LieutenantFatman

Well done @themcnoisy
And well done to Naughty Dog for taking both 1st & 2nd place with two different IPs. Very impressive.

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@adf86: Couldn't put it better myself, thanks for voting mate.

@cloudrunner64: @LieutenantFatman: @Star-Lord: Thanks fellas, appreciate all the votes and comments you have put in.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.