Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 201 to 220 of 751

RogerRoger

If anybody is tempted to take Star Wars: Battlefront II online and wants a nerdy wingman, my PSN I.D. can be found in my signature. I'd be happy to introduce, guide and assist where needed.

The game has tons of co-operative options for PSN friends who group together. There's a mode where four players fight against bots to control objectives, or you can squad up and spawn on one another during the larger, forty-player engagements. There are also fun, silly modes like Heroes Vs. Villains (a four-versus-four digital representation of taking old action figures and smashing them together whilst making "Wum!!" and "Pew pew!!" noises), Hero Showdown (a two-versus-two sudden death) and Ewok Hunt (think Star Wars meets survival horror; a good match of this can be an evening's highlight).

Not sure whether there's a way to fight against specific players, but we can look around if you're absolutely desperate to blast a bucket off my head. Better to tag me on here with preferred times, as I'm not on my PS4 every single day and don't have the PSN Messages app on my phone.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger I will Rog, you have to bear with me though. My plan is to beat a few last minute Trophies on PS Now (it runs out in a day or 2) and then reorganise my hdd. Its starting to freeze a bit. Hopefully can get a game Tuesday next week or something.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy That works for me, buddy. Gives me time to charge my headset (and I'm unavailable this weekend anyway). If we don't end up with a full squad, I'll message KAL via PSN and see if he's around, as I know he enjoys a few matches; unite the Edgelords!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @themcnoisy If you all are looking for someone to absorb a few laser blasts and mainly just get in the way, then I’d be delighted to oblige. I thoroughly stunk at the Battlefront I and at most FPS in general, but your description of the co-op and MP modes sounds fun nonetheless. The problem of A) the large time zone difference over here, B) my general lack of discretionary time for gaming and unpredictable schedule lately, and C) hit-or-miss internet service, means that I may not be able to coordinate with you but maybe I can try. If you let me know a time window I’ll see. I’d jump at the chance to be schooled by a Battlefront master.

And now you mention... KAL has been a little AWOL lately. I hope he’s okay.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger @Th3solution sweet. As a heads up I am terrible at competitive FPS.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@Th3solution When we've played before, it's been late evening here, which would make it around 3pm for you (depending on your timezone) but I'm always happy to stay up a little longer.

If you can join us, it'd be awesome, but there's zero pressure! We're so very casual.

KAL is okay, by the way (sorry, perhaps should've said this sooner) or at least, he was a couple weeks ago, when I last heard from him. He uses the forums as a way to survive his day job's office environment and so, whilst furloughed at home, hasn't been able to log in.

@themcnoisy Even after two and a half years, and the game's platinum, I'm forever mid-table when it comes to the shooting. I do better at the silly modes, if and when I get lucky!

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

After all these years I finally succumbed and got PlayStation Plus seeing as it was on sale. Quite looking forward to playing Battlefront II and even trying CoD.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam Welcome aboard! Feel free to join us next week, if you're able!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Hard to say, but my weekday game time (if it even happens at all) starts around Midnight to 1:00 AM England time. Weekends is more consistent, where I usually am available from around noon to 6:00 PM your time, barring my occasional travel.
But you all just do your thing and message me in some form or post on the forums when it works for the UK bunch and I’ll see if the timing works out on my end. If it doesn’t happen this week then perhaps at some point it will. It’s probably best if I acquaint myself to the game first anyways.
But I agree it would be awesome to cooperatively take down the Empire! (or the Rebellion, depending on the mood) 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LieutenantFatman

Managed to get Battlefront 2 downloaded overnight, that is one huge file!

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@Th3solution ...or the Republic, or the Separatists, or the First Order, or the Resistance.

Or some Ewoks.

I'm around every other weekend at the moment, and am always (seriously, always) up for playing a Star Wars game so yeah, we'll let you know this week but whenever the mood takes you in future, feel free to give me a shout if you'd like some company. As you say, you might have a better time learning the game without me nerding out over your headset, anyway!

@LieutenantFatman Mercifully, I think they've released it on PS Plus now because it's finally stopped receiving updates. With the whole "copying" thing, patches for a 120Gb game became something of a nightmare. It's the largest game on my HDD, tied with Hitman 2.

It'll still receive glitch fixes, though. There was a big one last week, before the floodgates opened.

Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

@RogerRoger
Oh man, that does sound like a nightmare! I hope the PS5 sees an end to that sort of thing.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman It sure will. The SSD and that the console is sort of built around it will mean that all that kind of stuff will be super speedy!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

I had a few games on co-op this evening with a couple of friends on Battlefront 2, very entertaining. The AI is quite challenging.

@JohnnyShoulder
Definitely looking forward to that!

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

@Sicsyde Replying here on the main PS Plus thread so as to promote further discussion.

But in response to your original query, I think the inclusion of NBA2K is brilliant. I don’t think that they offer sports games very often — mostly because the sell really well right up until the season ends. They offered MLB The Show a few months ago, and I think an NBA game a couple years ago and a PES game years back too, but I think it’s not likely to be more than once or twice a year. So it’s certainly not any overkill of the genre.

Personally I don’t like Sports games and basically never buy them. I’ve been openly critical of their “reskin and sell again at full price one year later” business practices. ...But, I am glad they included a sports game in this month’s offerings. That means I get to try one risk free. I think that’s the whole point of PS Plus — exposing you to games you likely wouldn’t buy or are on the fence about.

Giving out NBA2K20 right now makes perfect sense too in the midst of the delayed season and postponed playoffs due to COVID — The game is an older title, yet it’s still highly relevant this late in the year, when it would be only an afterthought and an NBA champion would have long since been crowned in an normal July. As someone new to the game, I feel like it’s a brand new game with the NBA season part II about to start at the end of July.

Thrilled about Erica too. I’m a big fan of the short narrative choice games to use as good breaks between the big epic AAA games.

Sicsyde

I respect your opinion. I may have come across as terse but that was not my intention. And your perspective is something I will take to heart. Taking a break from AAA games is a good idea. I was hoping more under rated titles. But as I said in the original post it's my opinion.

Sicsyde

Th3solution

@Sicsyde No worries. I understand your viewpoint. I can see that it would be off-putting to have the “big extra game” to commemorate 10 years to be an annualized sports game. A friend of mine kept telling me I should try NBA2K and I kept putting him off and then they announced the season to start back July 30 and suddenly I felt inclined to look for a used copy. PS Plus to the rescue.
Interestingly, I would question Sony’s choices more so with recent months where they had 2 online-centric first person shooters on the same month, 2 niche simulators on the same month, and all the PS4 Uncharted games (save the last one) in quick succession. I rather like it when there is a bit of variety. I wouldn’t mind it if they threw a good indie in there a little more often.

Edited on by Th3solution

LieutenantFatman

@Th3solution
I wish they threw a good indie game in there a little more often. Maybe they will do that more when the PS5 arrives.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

I think the problem with the NBA game is that it was available for £2 only a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve said it many times but I’m surprised at the lack of older big name games. MGS 5 and Bloodborne are the biggest names I can remember being on there for PS4. Spiderman would have been a great release for the 10th anniversary but then people moan that they’ve already bought those games.

They can never win with what they put on there really.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution They offered the Uncharted Remastered Trilogy as part of the stay at home initiative (along with Journey), nowt to do with PS +, it wasn't like they were offered in consecutive months.

@Thrillho I think there have been plenty of those in the past too like Ratchet + Clank, Detroit Become Human, Batman Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Shadow of the Colossus, Nioh.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic