Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 141 to 160 of 751

Kidfried

@Th3solution Transistor is the game that might have been the longest in my backlog. And I was constantly saying to myself "i'll get back to it... some day"

In the end I did finish it and thought to myself 'that was hardly worth it' and continued on with my life.

(Also, I don't consider games part of my backlog that I don't like, even though I might have bought them or tried them through PS Plus. For instance, you'll find Just Cause 3 and Claire on my PSN profile. Only played those games for an hour and have no incentive to pick them up ever again.)

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried ...but... but... in Just Cause 3 you can blow stuff up real good!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, I have tried to be more honest with myself on some of those games that I just am not enjoying and need to cross off if they don’t sell me on their content in the first couple hours. I have some of those too. Transistor took me a while, but in the end, I finished it and felt it a decent experience. Perhaps over-rated, but I didn’t feel it a waste. Now Drawn to Death on the other hand....

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@RogerRoger You know how you said you liked fun but shallow experiences? JC3 must be the best example of that ever!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho That'd be why I spent nearly a hundred hours on it, then.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

I got about 45 euro worth out of the PS Plus subscription for 2019. Thats... not a lot.

That being said, I did renew my Plus subscription this weekend (discounted at 45), hoping for a better year with the service. I'm not holding my breath really.

It's a "one more year" for me kinda thing. And we'll see if I get my money's worth next year, and otherwise I'm going to cancel it.

Kidfried

Jaz007

I bought a year today 12/1/19, and it hadn’t expired yet, and it said next renewal date was 11/25/20, which not only doesn’t include my remaining Plus, but also it’s the a full year. I’ll double check it when I get home, but did anyone else have this?

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 That’s strange - it definitely should just tack an extra 12 months added to your current sub. I’ve not done it recently, but when I got a year sub to add on during days of play it just extended out my expiration date into 2021, no problem. Hopefully it’s just a glitch and when you recheck it then it’ll be fixed.

On a separate note about looking back on 2019 PS Plus in review, it was a decent year overall, but a little weaker than last year. I count 7 PS Plus games that I have played or will play. Not bad. Another 6 or so that were great games that I’d highly recommend but already own. So it’s not a terrible deal for $45 a year (if you get it on sale, which I try to do), which is less than the cost of one new game.

I definitely encourage anyone remotely interested to try Titanfall 2, by the way. I bought it and played it a month or two ago and it was an 8 hours well spent.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

Mine is always up for renewal around this time of year so I always get it discounted in Black Friday sales.

I'd guess there's 11 games this year I downloaded but not played them all, and there's certainly a few I already had (I'm looking at you June). There's still some from last year I'm playing too so with the discounts as well, it probably still works out for me.

Thrillho

Jaz007

@Th3solution I checked the number of days left and it had a little over a year like it should. So yeah, not sure it said that when I bought it.
And yeah, the year’s been weaker. Less game is a notable part of the problem as it’s harder to see indie delights now. For Honor and COD:MW were some highlights. I ended up playing For Honor for over a hundred hours, so it kind of feels like it made Plus to an extent for me this year.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Arugula Lol, yeah it seems like that’s the trend recently — remastered PS3 collections. BioShock, Nathan Drake, and Handsome Collection and Wipeout Omega Collection a few months ago. Not to mention The Last of Us Remastered, and Heavy Rain PS4 port within the past year too, and probably others I’ve forgotten.

So that means next month we’ll be getting one of these: the Assassin’s Creed Ezio Trilogy, Batman: Return to Arkham, The Devil May Cry HD Collection, Metro Redux, Lego Harry Potter Collection, or Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + II.5 Remix.

Of those, I’d actually really like to get the Metro Redux collection. Otherwise, I think the PS3 remasters we’ve already gotten (Drake, Handsome, and Bio) are the ones I’ve actually wanted.

Ryall

I would really like it if they ported across some of the trilogy is that aren’t on PS4 yet and put them straight on PlayStation plus.

Stuff like the Sly cooper trilogy, the Resistance trilogy and the Killzone trilogy.

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

@Ryall I'd rather they just put ps4 games on plus, whether that be remastered versions of ps3 games or actual ps4 titles. Straight ports would be a terrible idea this late in the generation. Plus how would that even work as you can't play ps3 games natively on ps4. You can always use PS NOW if you wanna play ps3 games on your ps4. It is rumoured that Insominac could be working on a remastered Resistance collection or a fourth game for ps5.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ-firl

I never owned a PS3, so for me these remasters are perfect Plus offerings. Although I can fully understand people not being extatic about games they played years ago.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

nessisonett

Yep, I was pretty much all Ninty until PS4 so these remasters are great to play with my subscription. The PS3 games were mostly limited to what my Dad gave us with the phat boi, which was mostly CoD and a copy of Skyrim we plowed 2000 hours into. Mostly just played Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 on PS2 instead of actual games so I’m glad I won’t miss out on them. I do wish they’d add PS1 and more PS2 games to Now though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Arugula In a way I’ve been with Playstation since birth but my first proper console was the Cube. I had PS1 but was literally a baby and the discs were seemingly tasty. I got a PS2 in 2007 and a PS3 in 2013 so Ninty were my main consoles but I did a big catch up at the end of each gen. It’s a weird way to do it but I do appreciate the HD collections as they mean I don’t have to hunt down old copies of games or possibly turn to nefarious means.

Th3solution

@Arugula Yeah, interesting that Shadow of the Colossus has been given out twice on PS Plus — once as a PS3 remaster and now again as a PS4 remake.

nessisonett

@Arugula Well it’s a full on remake rather than just the PS2 game. It’s a big enough game that plenty people would be happy regardless.

Genrou

Even if you just started with PS with a PS4 you can get a PS3 and PS2 pretty cheap nowadays and just play the games you missed that way. All model PS3's play PS3 and PSone games, and if you are lucky enough to get an OG PS3 then you can play PS2 games on it as well.

Genrou

ralphdibny

Quick question about ps plus,... Is it still the case that if your membership lapses that when you eventually renew, you can regain access to the ps plus games you redeemed from before it lapsed?

Just wondering because my membership is about to lapse and there are no really good deals on a 12 month membership at the moment so I thought I'd wait and see if any deals come up before the end of next month. I've already claimed this month's games, so I'll just bite the bullet for next month's games if there's not a better deal before the end of April.

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic