Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 121 to 135 of 135

Gremio108

@RR529 Did you already download one of the levels that were given away for free? That might do it

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@RR529 This happened to me too. I wonder if it’s because it’s episodic rather than a “whole” title.

Thrillho

Kidfried

When I clicked on download it strangely enough only downloaded the episodes I didn't pay for already, and totally didn't download the base game. Took me quite a while to figure out why I couldn't launch it.

Episodic games are way too complicated for a simple soul like me.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, I never buy episodics until the whole series is complete. Then I just buy the season pass or complete edition. Then inevitably when I go to play it I have this complicated downloading protocol to go through. It’s always off-putting when I play and complete episode 1 and try to launch straight into episode 2, only to realize I have to download each unit separately. Even when it is a physical copy of the game. I have bought several copies of Telltale games physically and both Life is Stranges and it’s the same issue everytime. Only the first episode is on disc and each had to be downloaded after that.
I have the physical copy of Hitman Definitive Edition that I’m going to play from when I get around to it and I assume it will be the same.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yes, it will be; the game will install the Prologue and maybe Paris from the disc, and then you'll get prompts to download the rest of the levels, as well as a chunky update patch. It will take a while, and come to about 70Gb total when you're done.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

I added For Honour to my library but with Hitman everything starting to download straight away. I've never ever played it before. There were like 7 different files and 3 were tying to download at the same time. I hate it when games do that as it always takes ages to download everything rather than if it were to download the files individually. Every time I went to pause a file, another one would start. So I ended up deleting it so that it is in my library and can download it when I'm ready.

McCroskey: Johnny, what can you make of this? [hands Johnny a map]
Johnny: This? Well, I can make a hat; I can make a brooch; I can make a pterodactyl!

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I noticed too that there wasn’t an ‘Add to Library’ option, only a ‘Download’ option.
I have a physical copy of the Definitive Edition that I plan to play from (I have never loaded in my PS4 though) and wanted just to add the digital copy to my library just in case... I don’t know, maybe in case my disc drive breaks down or the game disc gets accidentally stepped on and cracked or something. When I saw there was only a button to ‘download’, I didn’t accept the game from my PS4, I got around it by claiming it through the website. That way it added to my library without having to download it. It’s too late for you, but it worked for me and now it’s been added to the digital library without going through that mess. Again, I suppose all this weirdness related to the download this is all related to the game’s episodic format.

Th3solution

On a separate and unrelated PS Plus related note, I have been enjoying OnRush and have unlocked the last section ‘Superstars’ on the campaign. Unfortunately the game difficulty is going up, mainly accomplished by becoming a bit unfair, imo. On these higher level sections the AI teammates are idiotic and basically do nothing to help your team. I’m basically carrying my whole team each time. The perk is that I get the ‘MVP’ medal almost everytime, but the downside is that I am having trouble winning tournaments and earning advancement points and the fun is running out. Also the opponent AI is getting cheap. Like motorcycles will barely clip my larger Titan vehicle and it inexplicably makes me crash.
Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I might keep trying for the founders trophy but when a game cheats on you to make the difficulty higher, it just ceases to be enjoyable.

Another PS Plus related thing —
I finally got around to logging in and seeing my PlayStation wrap-up for 2018. I know Europe got this function a while ago but its available now for NA. I was surprised to find my most played game for 2018 was actually a PS Plus game: Bloodborne. According to the wrap-up, I played Bloodborne for about 80 hours last year. (My second most played game was Horizon Zero Dawn, then third was Shadow of the Tomb Raider). So PS Plus has been a great value to me, for sure.

Edited on by Th3solution

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution That's good to know about the website, do you know if it works the same if you use the app?

I think we might had different things here in Europe, it was your most played game in the 5 years of PS4 and not just last year.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Johnny: This? Well, I can make a hat; I can make a brooch; I can make a pterodactyl!

Kidfried

@Th3solution Idiotic teammates, carrying the team, becoming MVP every time, that sounds like my experience playing online multiplayer too.

On single player I never really had trouble with unfair difficulty bumps or anything. So, surprised to hear that. There are a few tracks that have outrageous challenges, though.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah the Europe “My PS4 Life” is different I guess. This is just a website and I don’t think it has any integration into the app. (They should totally do that though. C’mon Sony.). This is the link but I’m not sure if it’s only NA:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2018/wrap-up/

It gives a simpler summary for the year, not a video life My PS4 Life does apparently.

@Kidfried I’m mainly having trouble with Switch and Lockdown. Usually Countdown and Overdrive if I just play well then it’s good enough for the team to win. With Switch I can be a bike for almost the whole game and my team just never helps. With Lockdown, it the same and I’m just not good at that mode anyway.
I did play some online and it was fun and the opponents are much more aggressive. I just want to get the Founders Trophy but it gonna be tough.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Ah sorry I probably wasn't clear, I meant using the app to add games to your library instead of downloading them.

And yeah My PS4 life was just a website here too and generated a video with some stats about games you've played and trophies you've won in the 5 years of the PS4's life.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder oh, yeah. Lol, Sorry. I do think it would be ace to have the app be able to pull up gameplay summaries like how long you’ve played and other such statistics.
But yes, as far as does the app work just as well as the website for claiming your PS Plus titles — yes, it does. It’s actually easier too, since you’re already logged in to the app if you have it on your phone and you can pull it up faster and when you click on the store you go straight into your account. I actually have been using the app for PSN shopping and PS Plus claims more often lately. It’s certainly much better than using your PS4, unless you know for sure you are downloading the game straight away. Even then, I think you can queue up games to download from the app too; I’m not sure since I’ve never tried that.

Edited on by Th3solution

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah I've purchased games and dlc from the app so that they have downloaded on you switch on your PS4 when you get home.

Yeah would be cool to show these kind of stats on the app and even on the dashboard on the console. Maybe it's something they'll introduce for the PS5, as I'm not sure how much more the PS4 can handle.

Kidfried

@Th3solution That's funny. I had most of my problems with Overdrive actually, never failing on Lockdown.

And the easiest way to win Switch was lose my own Switches early on, so I could easily crash the competition. And I understand that might feel like cheesing it a bit.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic