Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 121 to 140 of 751

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I noticed too that there wasn’t an ‘Add to Library’ option, only a ‘Download’ option.
I have a physical copy of the Definitive Edition that I plan to play from (I have never loaded in my PS4 though) and wanted just to add the digital copy to my library just in case... I don’t know, maybe in case my disc drive breaks down or the game disc gets accidentally stepped on and cracked or something. When I saw there was only a button to ‘download’, I didn’t accept the game from my PS4, I got around it by claiming it through the website. That way it added to my library without having to download it. It’s too late for you, but it worked for me and now it’s been added to the digital library without going through that mess. Again, I suppose all this weirdness related to the download this is all related to the game’s episodic format.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

On a separate and unrelated PS Plus related note, I have been enjoying OnRush and have unlocked the last section ‘Superstars’ on the campaign. Unfortunately the game difficulty is going up, mainly accomplished by becoming a bit unfair, imo. On these higher level sections the AI teammates are idiotic and basically do nothing to help your team. I’m basically carrying my whole team each time. The perk is that I get the ‘MVP’ medal almost everytime, but the downside is that I am having trouble winning tournaments and earning advancement points and the fun is running out. Also the opponent AI is getting cheap. Like motorcycles will barely clip my larger Titan vehicle and it inexplicably makes me crash.
Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I might keep trying for the founders trophy but when a game cheats on you to make the difficulty higher, it just ceases to be enjoyable.

Another PS Plus related thing —
I finally got around to logging in and seeing my PlayStation wrap-up for 2018. I know Europe got this function a while ago but its available now for NA. I was surprised to find my most played game for 2018 was actually a PS Plus game: Bloodborne. According to the wrap-up, I played Bloodborne for about 80 hours last year. (My second most played game was Horizon Zero Dawn, then third was Shadow of the Tomb Raider). So PS Plus has been a great value to me, for sure.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution That's good to know about the website, do you know if it works the same if you use the app?

I think we might had different things here in Europe, it was your most played game in the 5 years of PS4 and not just last year.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Th3solution Idiotic teammates, carrying the team, becoming MVP every time, that sounds like my experience playing online multiplayer too.

On single player I never really had trouble with unfair difficulty bumps or anything. So, surprised to hear that. There are a few tracks that have outrageous challenges, though.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah the Europe “My PS4 Life” is different I guess. This is just a website and I don’t think it has any integration into the app. (They should totally do that though. C’mon Sony.). This is the link but I’m not sure if it’s only NA:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2018/wrap-up/

It gives a simpler summary for the year, not a video life My PS4 Life does apparently.

@Kidfried I’m mainly having trouble with Switch and Lockdown. Usually Countdown and Overdrive if I just play well then it’s good enough for the team to win. With Switch I can be a bike for almost the whole game and my team just never helps. With Lockdown, it the same and I’m just not good at that mode anyway.
I did play some online and it was fun and the opponents are much more aggressive. I just want to get the Founders Trophy but it gonna be tough.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Ah sorry I probably wasn't clear, I meant using the app to add games to your library instead of downloading them.

And yeah My PS4 life was just a website here too and generated a video with some stats about games you've played and trophies you've won in the 5 years of the PS4's life.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder oh, yeah. Lol, Sorry. I do think it would be ace to have the app be able to pull up gameplay summaries like how long you’ve played and other such statistics.
But yes, as far as does the app work just as well as the website for claiming your PS Plus titles — yes, it does. It’s actually easier too, since you’re already logged in to the app if you have it on your phone and you can pull it up faster and when you click on the store you go straight into your account. I actually have been using the app for PSN shopping and PS Plus claims more often lately. It’s certainly much better than using your PS4, unless you know for sure you are downloading the game straight away. Even then, I think you can queue up games to download from the app too; I’m not sure since I’ve never tried that.

Edited on by Th3solution

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah I've purchased games and dlc from the app so that they have downloaded on you switch on your PS4 when you get home.

Yeah would be cool to show these kind of stats on the app and even on the dashboard on the console. Maybe it's something they'll introduce for the PS5, as I'm not sure how much more the PS4 can handle.

Kidfried

@Th3solution That's funny. I had most of my problems with Overdrive actually, never failing on Lockdown.

And the easiest way to win Switch was lose my own Switches early on, so I could easily crash the competition. And I understand that might feel like cheesing it a bit.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger
(I am responding here so as not to derail the other thread too much)
Regarding PS Plus- I used to just add games that looked of interest to me, but then found that I’ve missed a few that I later have developed a desire to try (Contrast, Jet-Set Radio, Yakuza 4, and Outlast are some that come to mind) So the last couple years I just claim every single game, no matter how bad the game looks. It does makes for a rather chaotic appearing digital library. With 6 games a month there for a while, I added a lot of rubbish into my library. It’s partly why I was complaining the other day about the lack of options available to organize and display the library on the consoles and on the app. I wish I could somehow manually arrange the games to display like a shelf where I see the titles I want to download and play and prioritize them.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution My thinking is that I've got enough games in my backlog anyway which are ones I'm interested in, I don't really need to add any more just on the off chance I might fancy playing it one day. I don't think there have been too many that I missed that I wanted to play later. And they have usually been quite a low in value so it has not been that big a deal. It is not something that I keep a track of either, if I wasn't interested at the time of it being on PS+, it is not a massive problem with having to buy it later.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Good call moving over here; thanks.

Yeah, my OCD won't allow for a messy Library (which I barely ever use anyway, but there we are). If there were better customisation options for the Library interface then I might consider a different approach; some kind of "reject bin" for the maybe-nevers in the same way I've buried all of my useless apps (Spotify, web browser, The Playroom, etc.) in a folder on the PS4 dashboard.

But @JohnnyShoulder is right to note that many PS Plus games often end up in sales down the line, or are themselves the cheaper end of the scale already anyway (remember Burly Men at Sea a couple months back?). Given recent events, however, I expect that to change slightly; the flack Sony caught when they didn't give away anything "meaningful" and swapped PES out for Detroit: Become Human means I'm guessing we're gonna see a higher degree of Triple-A, usually-quite-expensive games being offered up. I think this is the first time I've added two consecutive PS Plus games (Detroit and Sniper Elite 4) to my Library since... well, since ever, really.

By the way, I wasn't kidding when I said that my backlog contained 52 games (54 if you include Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga). I keep a document on my desktop listing them all by console, with markers beside them to show whether they're in progress or yet to be started. When I started counting, I thought to myself "if there ends up being more than 20 games on here, I'm not gonna add anything else to the list until I've cleared it" so, er... yeah.

PS Plus can be great for taking chances and discovering new things you might not have considered before, but if I took advantage of every opportunity I think the sheer volume would make me hate gaming after a while. I simply couldn't keep up.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Looking at my Libray it lists 227 games as Purchased. There are quite a few demos on there, but I have a few games on disc which I've not even loaded into my PS4. Looking on the PSN Profiles site it has tracked 163 games as played.... ouch.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder I can understand your approach. It’s quite a mass of fluff having all these worthless games on there. Yeah, I think my library has over 200 or so games just on PS4, not counting PS3 and Vita. I’ll actually play a small fraction of those.

Incidentally @RogerRoger after you wrote that about having 52 games in your backlog, I counted my list and came up with about 42.
...yes, I keep a very similar document with a list of all the games that I remotely am considering playing, and I have them in a rough ranking of order, separated by console, and ... yes, marked with certain mark by them to indicate if they have been started or another mark if they are on my ‘next up’ list. I keep my PS Plus freebies that I am curious to play in a separate section of the list, until they graduate into the master list to be played.
For example, here is a section of my PS Plus 2nd tier backlog - Beyond Two Souls, Valiant Hearts, Rime, Yakuza Kiwami, Bound, Knack, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Just Cause 3, Mad Max, Absolver, Mafia 3, Iconoclasts, The Witness, Soma ...
In my ‘currently playing’ list of about 10 games I have started include a few PS Plus games from recent to remote - Borderlands Handsome Collection, and Rayman Legends ... and maybe I’ll return to Sonic Mania one day 😅.
I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one with an obsessive need to keep lists 😜

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I spend most of my working day looking at lists and spreadsheets, so I try to stay away from all that stuff when I'm not working! To me that's sounds like a chore and takes away the fun of gaming.

Kidfried

@Th3solution @RogerRoger Such big numbers. Currently I'm playing three games, with a backlog of less than 10. I don't keep track of them really, so I keep forgetting they're in my backlog at all. A game like Furi for example, that I still want to finish, but just keep kind of forgetting about.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

I hate to think the size of my backlog. I would guess though that it is well over 100 if you include PS Plus and Xbox Gold games. Though to be honest, I often redeem those games, even if they aren't high on my play list.

At a quick count, not including my retro collection, I probably have 40 odd 'bought' games. I am a bit of a collector though in some ways, for example I own all the Dark Souls games but haven't completed the first yet.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, it just kind of evolved into this living document that I update every time new PS Plus games come out and anytime I buy a new game. Also included in the document is a section of games coming out that I have interest in, or even games that are already out that I’m keeping an eye on for a rainy day or when they might go on sale. In some skewed sort of way, I really enjoy keeping up with the list and categorizing the games. You should see my sock drawer. 😂

@Kidfried I track pretty much all the games I’ve — started and plan to return to, started and probably won’t return to, have and plan to play soon, have and plan to play remotely, plan to buy, or even have just an inkling to purchase. With the sheer volume of PS Plus games, it’s the only way I can keep up with the 10-20% of them that are worth revisiting. Like you say, it is easy to forget what’s in my library, and so it’s just easier to pull up my phone and check my list. It also helps us I have an upcoming open weekend to look at the list and see where my mood is heading and so I can download the games so I’m ready ahead of time for when I can game. Like Furi for you, I have several PS Plus nuggets deep in there that I know I need to get to when I’m in the mood. The Witness, for example, which I know is a favorite, is one I need to play but I’m waiting for the right time since it’s very much a niche game. Two that I recently finished from my Plus backlog are Velocity 2X and Transistor, both of which sat there for a really long time but eventually I had the mood for them and I did complete them and enjoyed each in their own way. Rayman Legends is another of my Plus games that I’m so glad I finally pulled out of hibernation and is a great ‘drop in, drop out’ game that I play here and there.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder That's quite a large Library vs. Games Played discrepancy! I think a more generous approach to PS Plus would make mine similar. I'm quite glad that my PS4 profile page only lists PS4 games with a total (currently in the high seventies) because if it included all of my PS3 games, or somehow counted all PlayStation games I've ever played, I think the number would make me feint.

@Th3solution Why am I not surprised? We're so alike!

Although I'm ashamed to admit that your list is more detailed / layered than mine. I've just got alphabetical lists, divided by console. A red marker means "not started" whilst amber means "in progress" (currently got seven of them, although some of those are because I'm waiting on forthcoming DLC and others are just "could go back for an easy platinum") and green, obviously, means that I've completed it. Since my mood is a movable feast, I couldn't possibly rank them in order of preference; I just know that there are some bigger games that'll take priority, as well as new releases I pre-order. Means I can scan down when I'm between games and go "oh yeah, forgot about that" to hopefully keep things fresh.

Just get RiME out of that second tier, gosh darn it.

@Kidfried You're living the dream. One day I'll get there (he says, hopelessly optimistically).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic