Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 101 to 120 of 151

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution You not seen what next months games are yet?

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I think they were announced a couple hours after my post. I’d say it’s a really good month except for Vita got trash and I had just bought a physical copy of Hitman last month when I saw it for cheap. So now I am considering selling it back and recoup some money before it’s value drops. I’m not sure. For Honor might be decent to try on a whim. MGS4 is brilliant, but I’ve played through it twice and don’t use my PS3 really. What do you think about this month’s offerings?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I thought as much, just felt it was a bit ironic lol. Yeah good offerings for PS4 and I will probably download them both. When I get round to actually playing them is another question.

I wonder if there will be any extras since PS3 and vita games will not be supported? Or is the increase in cloud saves and PSN name changes gonna be it?

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

Thrillho

I’m pretty pleased to see Hitman on there as I’ve never played any games from the series even though they sound like my kinda thang.

Thrillho

Arugula

@JohnnyShoulder I'm hoping for a free movie rental or two. Id have to imagine some kind of VR content being introduced, though that wouldn't be any use to me personally it would help push the system along.

Arugula

Arugula

@Thrillho They're really tight, polished games with beautiful dramatically different levels and multiple ways of ending the target. I've been a longtime fan of Hitman, hopefully you enjoy it!

Arugula

Gremio108

I'm very happy about Hitman being February's game. Now I just need to decide where it goes in the backlog. Pretty high up in the running order, I think.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@Frigate Oh yeah, I loved the look of this one in particular but found the episodic release a bit weird. Some people loved that approach though as it made you replay levels loads until the next one dropped.

I'm looking forward to finally giving it a go. Even if it is joining my lengthening backlog as well.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Very pleased to see folks taking up the free offering of Hitman. If anybody wants / needs any spoiler-free tips, please tag me. I'm gonna love seeing what everybody makes of it.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, and I think I am going to keep my physical copy of the Definitive Edition. The steelbook is handsome anyways. I’ll go ahead and claim the digital version too, just in case I ever want it as well.

Arugula

Recently I've been contemplating letting my + run out because I'm just not feeling like I'm getting the value. (Rarely play online, don't use cloud storage, the free games I usually either have or simply aren't interested)

Maybe the March update will give me a reason to stick with it. I'm hoping for a couple of free movie rentals a month. A VR game might be good though the library isn't huge and I'd have zero use for it personally.

Any ideas or hopes for what + will have following the loss of PS3 and Vita games?

Arugula

Jaz007

2 PSVR and a new indie game would be good. It should be 6 games like it’s been since Plus launched, but I can work with that.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Th3solution

@Frigate I would expect probably we’ll get 3-4 PS4 games, proabably one of which will be VR. The quality of games will likely improve this late into the PS4 lifecycle, similar to last gen when we got the likes of Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Batman Arkham City and Asylum, Demon’s Souls, Uncharted 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Dragon’s Dogma, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, etc.

All it takes is maybe 3-4 games to recoup the money.

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate I wouldn't get your hopes up, I have a feeling the extra cloud storage is probably all we are getting.

I don't redeem every game, I have to be interested in it in some way but I still feel I get value for money. Sometimes you can find a game you wouldn't normally play, like For Honour and Hitman this moth are perfect examples. I've always sort of been interested in them but not enough to spend any money on them.

Thrillho

@Frigate Also, look to renew when there's a deal on. You can routinely get a 12 month subscription for 25% off or so and it just stacks onto the end of whatever you currently have left.

Mine runs out around December so I can often get a cheap deal in Black Friday sales.

Thrillho

Arugula

@JohnnyShoulder I'd really be surprised if there's nothing to replace the removal of those titles but cloud storage. I don't see that going down too well.

@Th3solution I'd expect you're probably right and I forgot about my love of those occasional deep discount + exclusive sales. 🤗

@Thrillho That's smart. I was tempted when they were doing a special with Pubg. I've been interested in it for a while but I just don't like the idea of actually spending money on it when most of its ilk are free and there's the idea that maybe I'm only interested because it was unavailable to PS users for so long. Like looking through the shop window.

Arugula

RogerRoger

Th3solution wrote:

@RogerRoger Yeah, and I think I am going to keep my physical copy of the Definitive Edition. The steelbook is handsome anyways. I’ll go ahead and claim the digital version too, just in case I ever want it as well.

Smart move, sir. Hope you enjoy!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@Frigate @JohnnyShoulder MS might take the opportunity to really push the fact that they give more free games out. I hope they do if Sony doesn't give more games.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

RR529

I redeemed Hitman and it automatically started downloading to the system (rather than just being added to my library until I'm ready for it). Is there a reason for this?

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic