Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 101 to 120 of 751

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I thought as much, just felt it was a bit ironic lol. Yeah good offerings for PS4 and I will probably download them both. When I get round to actually playing them is another question.

I wonder if there will be any extras since PS3 and vita games will not be supported? Or is the increase in cloud saves and PSN name changes gonna be it?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I’m pretty pleased to see Hitman on there as I’ve never played any games from the series even though they sound like my kinda thang.

Thrillho

Gremio108

I'm very happy about Hitman being February's game. Now I just need to decide where it goes in the backlog. Pretty high up in the running order, I think.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@Frigate Oh yeah, I loved the look of this one in particular but found the episodic release a bit weird. Some people loved that approach though as it made you replay levels loads until the next one dropped.

I'm looking forward to finally giving it a go. Even if it is joining my lengthening backlog as well.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Very pleased to see folks taking up the free offering of Hitman. If anybody wants / needs any spoiler-free tips, please tag me. I'm gonna love seeing what everybody makes of it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, and I think I am going to keep my physical copy of the Definitive Edition. The steelbook is handsome anyways. I’ll go ahead and claim the digital version too, just in case I ever want it as well.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

2 PSVR and a new indie game would be good. It should be 6 games like it’s been since Plus launched, but I can work with that.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Frigate I would expect probably we’ll get 3-4 PS4 games, proabably one of which will be VR. The quality of games will likely improve this late into the PS4 lifecycle, similar to last gen when we got the likes of Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Batman Arkham City and Asylum, Demon’s Souls, Uncharted 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Dragon’s Dogma, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, etc.

All it takes is maybe 3-4 games to recoup the money.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate I wouldn't get your hopes up, I have a feeling the extra cloud storage is probably all we are getting.

I don't redeem every game, I have to be interested in it in some way but I still feel I get value for money. Sometimes you can find a game you wouldn't normally play, like For Honour and Hitman this moth are perfect examples. I've always sort of been interested in them but not enough to spend any money on them.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thrillho

@Frigate Also, look to renew when there's a deal on. You can routinely get a 12 month subscription for 25% off or so and it just stacks onto the end of whatever you currently have left.

Mine runs out around December so I can often get a cheap deal in Black Friday sales.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Th3solution wrote:

@RogerRoger Yeah, and I think I am going to keep my physical copy of the Definitive Edition. The steelbook is handsome anyways. I’ll go ahead and claim the digital version too, just in case I ever want it as well.

Smart move, sir. Hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@Frigate @JohnnyShoulder MS might take the opportunity to really push the fact that they give more free games out. I hope they do if Sony doesn't give more games.

Jaz007

RR529

I redeemed Hitman and it automatically started downloading to the system (rather than just being added to my library until I'm ready for it). Is there a reason for this?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Gremio108

@RR529 Did you already download one of the levels that were given away for free? That might do it

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@RR529 This happened to me too. I wonder if it’s because it’s episodic rather than a “whole” title.

Thrillho

Kidfried

When I clicked on download it strangely enough only downloaded the episodes I didn't pay for already, and totally didn't download the base game. Took me quite a while to figure out why I couldn't launch it.

Episodic games are way too complicated for a simple soul like me.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, I never buy episodics until the whole series is complete. Then I just buy the season pass or complete edition. Then inevitably when I go to play it I have this complicated downloading protocol to go through. It’s always off-putting when I play and complete episode 1 and try to launch straight into episode 2, only to realize I have to download each unit separately. Even when it is a physical copy of the game. I have bought several copies of Telltale games physically and both Life is Stranges and it’s the same issue everytime. Only the first episode is on disc and each had to be downloaded after that.
I have the physical copy of Hitman Definitive Edition that I’m going to play from when I get around to it and I assume it will be the same.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yes, it will be; the game will install the Prologue and maybe Paris from the disc, and then you'll get prompts to download the rest of the levels, as well as a chunky update patch. It will take a while, and come to about 70Gb total when you're done.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

I added For Honour to my library but with Hitman everything starting to download straight away. I've never ever played it before. There were like 7 different files and 3 were tying to download at the same time. I hate it when games do that as it always takes ages to download everything rather than if it were to download the files individually. Every time I went to pause a file, another one would start. So I ended up deleting it so that it is in my library and can download it when I'm ready.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic