Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 221 to 240 of 699

JohnnyShoulder

I've completed Sekiro and almost done with Far Cry 5.

I bought Inside which I will start after FC5, and I also bought Jurassic World Evolution which I'm about half way through I think. EDIT: oh and Another World but that was like 2 hours when I was hungover.

I have no idea what I'm gonna play afterwards! Probs something from my backlog, see what I'm in the mood for at the time. I fancied some sci-fi earlier but don't think anything in my backlog ticked the right boxes. I also have a racing/driving itch, I might have a spin on Dirt Rally which I've not really touched.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

Oops, it's been almost two months!

Previous Backlog:

• Dragon Age II: Legacy (yep, all sorted)
  • Dragon Age Inquisition (again, yep, and all the DLC as well)
  • Shenmue I & II (sigh... @JohnnyShoulder can keep taking those bets)
  • Outstanding DLC for Various Games (kinda; see below)

Whilst I still haven't played any of the LEGO DC Super-Villains DLC, nor have I tried the first expansion for Just Cause 4, I have recently played and completed all of the additional Challenge Tombs for Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I've also spent some time with Hitman 2, specifically the new Sniper Challenge DLC map set in Singapore. Not major progress, therefore, but enough to write here about.

Star Wars: Battlefront II drew me back in again with Capital Supremacy, which I spent a good couple days with, and I've also purchased, played and pretty much completed last week's big new release, Team Sonic Racing. I think I'm doing pretty well, overall.

So, that means we're left with...

Current Backlog:

• Shenmue I & II
  • Outstanding DLC for Various Games

They're the ones I have immediately to hand, at least. My upcoming purchases still include...

Upcoming Purchases:

• Dishonoured
  • The Infamous Trilogy
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Ha ha, I'm sure l have games that have been dormant for longer on my ps4. I've just not had the bravery to list them here!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

I better update my situation too.

Previous backlog / games being played:

Transistor. (Still playing in short spurts)
The Council (Still playing when I get the mood which has been rare)
Witcher 3 (Started and enjoyed my time but decided I need to mop up other things first due to the game’s length)
Soul Calibur 6 (finished all I want from it)
>>> Vita backlog
P4 Dancing All Night (platinum’d)
Trails of Cold Steel
Danganronpa V3

New backlog / currently or soon playing:
Transistor (I’m probably close to the end)
Persona 5 (I’m going to refocus on this one for now)
Injustice 2 (I’ve finished the main story and all the alternate paths, now to get all the character endings and then probably I’ll be “done”)
>>>>Vita backlog
Trails of Cold Steel (I’m probably going to try to finish Persona first before going back to this because they are similar)
Velocity 2X (about halfway through the missions)
Danganronpa V3

Next planned purchases:
Code Vein {No release date yet 😒 but the gameplay footage still has me interested}
Valkyria Chronicles 4 {Not yet, waiting for sale}
A Plague Tale {I’ll wait for a sale, but I like what I’m hearing people say about this game}

Games purchased in 2019: 4
Games completed 2019: 8
Platinums in 2019: 3

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I wear my shame with pride. I'll start it soon, I'm sure (he lied convincingly).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Old backlog

The pinball arcade - Get 3 more silver medals from where I am sat currently (ie finish 5 activities on each table) - Did it!

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Pop 100,000 Puyos - Fail

Team Sonic Racing - Complete the campaign - Fail

Mafia 3 - Make a start @Neolit this one is for you! - Fail

To buy -

Cities Skylines - Fail

Playdate handheld - Fail

Couchmaster for my PC - Roundabout success. I now have a dedicated TV for gaming in the back, rather than put my tower in the front so I no longer need a Couchmaster.

New Backlog

Play dreams

To buy

Nothing. Just play dreams.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy All the Dreams.

Making It So Since 1987

QualityGeezer

I'm embarrassed to admit my backlog stretches as far back as my PS2 I'm a shocking impulse buyer

QualityGeezer

RogerRoger

Previous Backlog:

• Shenmue I & II (don't be ridiculous)
  • Outstanding DLC for Various Games (actually, yes)

I've recently completed all of the DLC from LEGO DC Super-Villains and got my 33rd platinum for my troubles, as well as the New York & Special Assignment DLC for Hitman 2, so that just leaves the steady drip-feed of Just Cause 4 content to be attempted at some stage. I think there's a third and final expansion due out towards the end of the summer, so that could stay on the list for a while yet.

Also played and completed Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (yuck) and have made a solid attempt to get underway with that franchise's last hurrah, listed below. Replayed and completed Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as well.

Purchased a heck of a lot recently, however, so the backlog has become pretty extensive.

So, all that means we're left with...

Current Backlog:

• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Shenmue I & II
  • inFAMOUS / inFAMOUS 2 / inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Deus Ex / Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Upcoming Purchases:

• inFAMOUS: Second Son / inFAMOUS: First Light
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Dishonoured
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger honestly Rog, dreams would be perfect for you as you are so creative. You can help me out!

I'm basically crying out for a partner in crime right now to help me make stuff from a beginners level. I've seen @Kyroki has been on it too so that would be a decent trio (I'm good mates with Kyle). We could thrash ideas around and make a game!

I'm terrible as scripting / writing and you are good at it. So there's a massive help straight away

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Dude, look at my backlog!

I am seriously tempted by Dreams but it would just consume me.

Should I ever relent, you'll be the first to know.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger backlog, knackbog. Those worries will fade away in the soft embrace of a nice dream.

I've got a backlog. I'm considering torching them outside for inspiration on a new camping game.

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy

See? If this is what it's doing to you, think what it'd do to me!

It's too late for you. I'm saving myself.

(In all seriousness, if you want any story material for a project, just let me know. I may have a large backlog, but I could always spare an hour to write some content for you.)

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Old Backlog:
1) Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PS2) (FAILED: Probably 2/3rds of the way through, but there's still some distance to go)
2) Final Fantasy IX (Vita) (FAILED: I actually dropped this one. After 25 hours, it was still kind of boring, so I lost interest. I'm into the second disc, and the plot still feels like it's spinning its wheels. I don't get the appeal.)
3) Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash (PC) (FAILED: Haha. No. Haven't played in months. Thankfully, this one will be easy to pick back up when I do get around to it again.)

New Backlog
1) Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
2) SMT: Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
3) Resident Evil 2: Claire's Route (PC)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

Old Backlog:
1) Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) (COMPLETED... mostly: Completed the main game and obtained the Platinum, but I still need to do the DLC Frozen Wilds stuff. I guess I'll list that as its own thing.)
2) SMT: Digital Devil Saga (PS2) (COMPLETED: Didn't 100% it, but I beat the main game and did a lot of the side content.)
3) Resident Evil 2: Claire's Route (PC) (FAILED: Haven't touched the game since March or so. Still need to get back to this.)

New Backlog:
1) Spirit Hunters: Death Mark (Vita)
2) Tearaway (Vita)
3) Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Golden Deer Route (Switch)

Games purchased: 15
Games completed: 34

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Those are some wierd ps4 games in your backlog! 🤣

themcnoisy

@Imagremlin Strangely I have practically stopped playing games due to my anxiety about Trophies. I always want as much as possible and it's ruining my enjoyment of games, usually behind everyone else with new releases that I wanted as I spend ages ploughing away at pointless Trophies (such as puyo puyo tetris 100,000 puyo smash) It has happened twice now - on my 360 last gen and the PS4 this time. During 2019 it has reached the worst points. I've missed Blood and Truth, Days Gone and just now FF8 as I'm worried about not collecting Trophies. Thank god dreams was released!

I want to torch my library and start again.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy I know where you’re coming from. I had a slight obsession with trophies, but lately I’ve been able to hit a sweet spot for enjoyment of a game and the trophy hunt meta-game without it becoming burdensome. I’ve been better about just ditching games or delaying them when the enjoyment of it starts to lag. Sometimes I can’t help myself and I try to do/collect everything in a game, especially in open world games. But if I’m enjoying it, then it’s fine by me. Spider-Man is my current example. I’m clearing all the icons, but I find I don’t enjoy some of the Taskmaster challenges (I hate timed challenges in games) so I know I won’t get the platinum, but I don’t care because I am enjoying all the other side content.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

>>>>Old backlog:
Transistor (Finished! ✅)
Persona 5 (Very little progress made)
Injustice 2 (There’s a possibility I’ll boot this up again, but for all intents and purposes, it’s done! ✅)

>>>>Vita backlog:
Trails of Cold Steel (No progress)
Velocity 2X (Done with it! ✅)
Danganronpa V3 (No progress)

>>>>Previous planned purchases:
Code Vein {Still not released, coming soon}
Valkyria Chronicles 4 {Purchased! ✅}
A Plague Tale {Purchased! ✅}

📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝

>>>>New backlog / games in progress:
-Marvel’s Spider-Man (about 70% finished)
-Valkyria Chronicles 4 (only about 10 hours into this 50+ hour game)
-Persona 5 (If I keep listing this will it come true?)

>>>>Vita Backlog:
-Lara Croft Go (Really need to get back and just finish this off)
-Trails of Cold Steel
-Danganronpa V3

>>>>Planned Purchases:
-Code Vein {After playing the demo, I’m torn. Probably will wait for a sale}
-Death Stranding {Probably not day 1, due to backlog, unless it blows reviewers away}
-Concrete Genie {also depends on reviews, but I think I want to support this game on principle alone}

Games added 2019: 8
Completed: 13
Platinum: 5

Edited on by Th3solution

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Sympathies, buddy. Whilst I'm not somebody who must platinum everything, I am somebody who can't stand being left on an odd-numbered percentage of trophies when I consider a game "complete enough" and so I've been forced, a couple times, to stick with something that's outstayed its welcome for an evening or two and it does me no good. I usually take a break from gaming after those moments. Whilst I'm therefore sorry to hear that you've been actively avoiding games you want, I can totally understand why.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic