Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 201 to 220 of 699

Gremio108

@Ralizah I've dreamed about playing Okami that way since 2006. Have fun!

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Kidfried

Since two months ago I was able to take off two games off my backlog (and Hitman too). With my current situation, having less time for gaming due to work, that's a way more decent score than I had expected.

Previous backlog:
1) Red Dead Redemption 2 -its third entry already - but I'm really close!
2) Ni No Kuni 2 - platinum!
3) Rise of the Tomb Raider - finished!

New backlog:
1) Red Dead Redemption 2
2) Yoku's Island Express
3) Zero Time Dilemma

I don't really feel like tracking Most Wanted anymore, as I can be way too ecclectic in my game purchases. I have been really craving a Soulslike for the past few days, so Sekiro is on the top of my list right now, but... I may just feel like picking up another Yakuza game in a few days from now too.

Kidfried

mookysam

UPDATE:

Currently Playing:

• Dragon Quest XI - Complete aside from some of the post-game. I reached a satisfying conclusion, however so feel able to cross this off.
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - Yep, I'm still playing. Will this ever be finished?
  • Metal Gear Solid 3 - Completed
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - Kinda got distracted after being annoyed by the camp bug and getting stuck on a mission. Will return to it soon.

Backlog:

1. Trails in the Sky Second Chapter - Haven't touched it as I've been playing Smash Bros. as my primary handheld game.
2. Crash Bandicoot 3 - not touched
3. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - COMPLETE - Hooray! Actually finished this in time for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Most Wanted:

1. Assassin's Creed Odyssey - I've decided I can't be arsed with buying this. Bored with open world.
2. Persona 3/5 Dancing — PURCHASED
3. Kingdom Hearts 3 - COMPLETED - Was pretty much hooked on this and finished it quite quickly (for me).

New Lists!

Currently Playing:

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Very nearly finished the World of Light (am at the very end bit) and will then finish the Classic Mode for individual fighters. Been completely hooked on this!
  • Pokémon Let's Go Eevee - Making slow progress
  • Ratchet and Clank HD (PS3 version) - At the final boss. Very dated game that I'll be glad to finish
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - glacial progress, but still getting there
  • Hitman 2 - Doing a location at a time rather than all in one go and getting burnt out. Progress is therefore quite slow. Next up Sapienza.

Backlog:

1. Trails in the Sky SC - intend to resume one I finish the World of Light in Smash Bros. Ultimate.
2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - continuing my progress through the MGS series (I finished MGS4 the other week).
3. Crash Bandicoot 3 - this beckons after I complete Ratchet and Clank.

Most Wanted:

This year is very thin on releases outside of Switch land so I'm focusing on getting through my backlog. I've not even bought games in PSN sales like I normally do. Next purchase will probably be Yoshi's Crafted World on the Switch. May also get Tales of Vesperia (one of my favourites in the series), but first must play Hearts R and Berseria.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam Ultimate Ninja Storm is the perfect "just ten minutes" game, so it'll probably take you a little longer if you're using it to break up bigger things! It's nice to have a game like that on your shelf. Hope you continue to enjoy, no matter how much / often you play!

Previous Backlog:

• Hitman Absolution HD Enhanced (yep, and got the platinum)
  • Dragon Age: Origins (yep)
  • Shenmue I & II (er... sorry Ryo, pushed back again)
  • Outstanding DLC for Various Games (did some, but nothing major)

The second item on that list has sparked my love of a new franchise, so I've also completed Dragon Age II (core game; played the first DLC this morning and have the second all lined up for this evening) and have Dragon Age: Inquisition installed and ready to go.

They've really been my major focus for the past month; I've also completed several Elusive Targets and Limited Time Events in Hitman 2, unlocking their associated rewards, and played Star Wars: Battlefront II when Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker showed up, but they're things I drop in and out of regularly anyway. Oh, and to kill pesky half-hours where I haven't been able to properly "play" anything, I've been doing random levels from GoldenEye: Rogue Agent on PS2 but again, I do that kinda thing often.

Current Backlog:

• Dragon Age II: Legacy
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Outstanding DLC for Various Games

Dragon Age really put my purchase schedule on hold; was planning on grabbing some of these older games cheap, but there's no point until I've finished these vast RPGs I've been getting. So, there's basically no change here, but I'll repost it anyway (creature of habit).

Upcoming Purchases:

• Team Sonic Racing
  • Dishonoured
  • The Infamous Trilogy
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I'm going to be taking bets soon on how long Shenmue I & II will be on this list!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Here's a tenner. Put me down for "quite a while".

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I'm trying not think what is the longest I've gone without playing a game. I'm afraid that my head will explode!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Haven’t made a ton of progress but a little bit —

Previous backlog:
-Red Dead Redemption 2 {Finished!!}
-The Council. {Still going}
-Spider-Man {Nope}
> >>Vita (because it deserves its own backlog)
-Papers, please {Finished!!}
-Trails of Cold Steel I {Nope}
-Persona 4 Dancing All Night {Started}
On Deck:
-OnRush {Finished, more or less}
-Tetris Effect {Finished, more or less}
-Soul Calibur 6 {Still going through campaign}

Next Planned Purchases
-Code Vein {No release date yet 😕}
-Sekiro {Not yet}
-Valkyria Chronicles 4 {Not yet, waiting for sale}

New backlog / games playing currently and near future:

• Transistor
  • The Council
  • Witcher 3
    >>> Vita backlog
  • P4 Dancing All Night
  • Trails of Cold Steel
  • Danganronpa V3

Next planned purchases:
I guess I’ll stay the same on those.

Games purchased in 2019: 1
Games completed 2019: 5
Platinums in 2019: 1

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder At least I didn't start it. I can't leave games unfinished (that's where my head would explode) but I'm okay with leaving them un-started. The box is still sealed and everything!

@Th3solution So, you weren't grabbed by The Council, then? Still haven't returned?

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I still want to return, but yeah, I’ve only played a couple short sessions since we last discussed it. That might be telling, but it was an unfortunate victim of Red Dead Redemption 2, like the rest of my backlog. In the second episode the game seemed to lose its luster a little bit, but I’m still impressed by certain aspects of the game design and story. I was actually just now considering pulling it up to play after I finish up some menial daily life tasks I need to do. I’ll definitely post more thoughts when I get through more of the game. I think it is on sale again or recently was, but I’d recommend holding off if you’re still on the fence and instead immerse yourself in Thedas for now. 😀

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, I won't be going anywhere near it (or anything else) for a while now!

Was just curious; I'm glad it isn't a case of "haven't gone back to it because it got awful and now I can't be bothered" because yeah, I still consider it from time to time.

Hope it continues well and that you enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Old backlog

Atari Anthology - get 50% trophy completion - DONE
Hitman - Get another 5 Trophies DONE
Tetris Effect - finish expert mode - DONE

To buy

Celeste - Failed

New

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Get the 100 back to back and 3x all clear trophies

Modern Warfare Remastered - Take down a helicopter with a rocker launcher and finish one shot one kill on veteran.

Soul Calibur 6 - Beat the 30 portal enemy trophy and beat arcade mode to gold standard.

These are the last dregs of my backlogged games really. Then I can stop being a tight wad and buy some new games!

To Buy

Celeste
Angry Birds VR
Devil May Cry 5
Blood and Truth

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy Good work.

I think almost every game I own could be considered my backlog!

For whatever reason, I still haven't gotten around to finishing the last story mission on Spider-Man. But I did pick up Garou Mark of the Wolves and Metal Slug 3 - no chance of getting may trophies on either of those, but they are good fun.

I also had a bash on Dariusburst:CS for the first time in ages last night - bloody rusty!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@Kyroki I loved the Game of Thrones telltale game. Had me hooked until the end.

@KALofKRYPTON Darius Burst CS is my goto Vita game. The problem is you forget what to do and during the later campaign stuff you need to know what you are doing lol.

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy I play it on the Vita and PSTV, PSTV last night as I was messing about with it (as I've found that pretty much every Code Mystics PSTV compatible game supports local multiplayer) - and trying to play AC mode is difficult enough on the Vita at the best of times!

I am at the point in CS mode that I tend to make back more in points than I can spend to deploy an alternate ship (usually the totally OP fully powered up Origin) - so I may easy myself back in to the rest of CS Mode, I recon I've done about half of the stages. I do tend to mess about with the DLC quite a lot too.

Think I'll put some work in to the 'buy all ships' trophy - that's the best way to get back in to it I reckon.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON Apparently the ps4 game has even more levels and stuff to do. I've never seen it cheap enough to double dip though.

Some of the Trophies are ridiculous. Like finishing the hard mode route on arcade mode on 1 life. That may even be without getting hit I can't quite remember.

Kidfried

Previous backlog:
1) Red Dead Redemption 2
2) Yoku's Island Express - platinumed it!
3) Virtues Last Reward - got all trophies too

My progress in Red Ded Redemption 2 is getting something of a joke by now. It'll be six months in just a few weeks. And I still believe I'm really close to the ending.

New backlog
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (will it be the last time?)
2. Nioh (current main game)
3. Minit

Minit is an ok game, Red Dead Redemption 2 is beautiful, but... they are not Nioh.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

Old Backlog

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Get the 100 back to back and 3x all clear Trophies - completed

Modern Warfare Remastered - Take down a helicopter with a rocker launcher and finish one shot one kill on veteran. - completed

Soul Calibur 6 - Beat the 30 portal enemy trophy and beat arcade mode to gold standard. - completed and platinized

These are the last dregs of my backlogged games really. Then I can stop being a tight wad and buy some new games!

To Buy

Celeste - Bought and platinized
Angry Birds VR - Nope
Devil May Cry 5 - Nope
Blood and Truth - Nope

New

MLB The Show 18 - Get 60% Trophy Count
God of War - Play it again
Puyo puyo Tetris - Pop 100k Puyos

To buy

Angry Birds VR
Devil May Cry 5
Blood and Truth

After these 3 games that will probably be my lot until Autumn. I can't see myself even buying days gone or dreams until its the full release.

themcnoisy

Old -

MLB The Show 18 - Get 60% Trophy Count

• Pass - however I only have 2 Trophies to get for the plat and they are both annoying. Get a tactical walk and make a diving catch. How is making a diving catch so hard?

God of War - Play it again - nope
Puyo puyo Tetris - Pop 100k Puyos - closer but still nope

To buy

Angry Birds VR - nope
Devil May Cry 5 - yes
Blood and Truth - still waiting

New backlog -

The pinball arcade - Get 3 more silver medals from where I am sat currently (ie finish 5 activities on each table)
Puyo Puyo Tetris - Pop 100,000 Puyos
Team Sonic Racing - Complete the campaign
Mafia 3 - Make a start @Neolit this one is for you!

To buy -

Cities Skylines
Playdate handheld
Couchmaster for my PC

Ralizah

Seems like it's time for an update.

Old Backlog:
1) Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove (Switch) (Completed all modes and found almost all of the secret presents; also obtained several of the power hats)
2) Okami HD (Switch) (Beat this one a while back, but didn't 100% everything; found all the brush techniques, though)
3) Resident Evil 2 (PC) (Kind of... I beat Leon's campaign, but haven't gone back to play Claire's route yet)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Games completed in 2019 so far: 22 (23 if you include Resident Evil 2)

Games purchased in 2019 so far: 10

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Backlog:
1) Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
2) Final Fantasy IX (Vita)
3) Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash (PC)

New Purchases:
1) Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
2) Astral Chain (Switch)
3) Shantae 5 (Switch)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic