Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 201 to 220 of 250

RogerRoger

Whoops, yeah, haven't been in here since the beginning of November!

Previous Backlog:

• Hub Worlds and Free Play in LEGO DC Super-Villains (started but got nowhere near 100%)
  • Hitman 2 (heck yeah, although am still working on all the trophies)
  • Shenmue I & II (nope, sorry Ryo, haven't even unwrapped your case yet)
  • Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (yep, platinumed the first and saw the credits on the sequels)

I also managed to get Just Cause 4 from my previous "upcoming purchases" list and see the main story through to completion on that, too, although I feel like I rushed it and there's DLC incoming for it later, so I'll be back. Nostalgia made me replay From Russia With Love on PS2 a couple weeks ago. Most recently, I got the surprise release of Blood Money and Absolution in the Hitman HD Enhanced Collection (and have already platinumed Blood Money, and am currently halfway through Absolution).

Was also gifted, purchased, downloaded and installed Dragon Age: Origins on my PS3. That'll be a new experience (can't stand fantasy, so wish me luck).

Lastly, limited-time events and new, free content made me return to Star Wars: Battlefront II and Hitman 2 over the holidays; that's a pattern that'll likely continue well into the year. There'll also be DLC for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, LEGO DC Super-Villains and the aforementioned Just Cause 4 distracting me down the line.

Current Backlog:

• Hitman: Absolution HD Enhanced
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Shenmue I & II
  • All outstanding DLC listed above

Upcoming Purchases:

• Team Sonic Racing
  • Dishonoured
  • The Infamous Trilogy
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Th3solution Nice description of why I should avoid that game lol. Odin Sphere is nothing like that example though. It's hard to describe but here goes; The game is predominantly a 2d beat em up with occasional interjection paths to take (not in the story but within the levels) and a few secrets hidden withing the artwork. There are a number of characters (6?) and you play through their stories in succession. You have to eat to level up your base skills and can cook different fruits, meals or go to a restaurant. You gain experience which go towards unlocking abilities on a Sphere grid of sorts. The spheres on the grid have preconditioned criteria before they will allow you to use exp to unlock them (such as finish x level or find x thing in level). So it's not a typical RPG and it's very linear. The story doesn't change* You visit the areas again with each subsequent character - but the order can be different and interspersed with new areas.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Gremio108

OLD BACKLOG:
Red Dead Redemption II
Okami HD (final third of)
Wasteland 2
Nioh
Yakuza Kiwami
Burly Men At Sea

I put Red Dead on hold over Christmas and finished Okami instead. Burly Men At Sea kind of took care of itself to be honest. Shenmue I and II have since been added to the list. I think I can actually finish Shenmue I tomorrow, platinum and all. Then I'm going to go back and finish Red Dead. I'm not going to rush into Shenmue II, I want to take my time and savour that one.

NEW BACKLOG
Red Dead Redemption II (second half of)
Shenmue I (final couple of hours of)
Shenmue II
Nioh
Wasteland 2
Yakuza Kiwami

UPCOMING PURCHASES
Sekiro
Shenmue III

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

Accidentally wrote 'Burnley Men At Sea' at first. What a game that would be

Th3solution

I’ve been hesitant to post my update because I’ve been so lousy at making progress, but I’ll just start fresh with a new plan. Like they say, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life!”

And I might modify my outline slightly —

Current backlog (aka games I’m working on and plan to finish in the immediate or not too distant future)
-Red Dead Redemption 2
-The Council
-Spider-Man
> >>Vita (because it deserves its own backlog)
-Papers, please
-Trails of Cold Steel I
-Persona 4 Dancing All Night

On Deck (aka games that I anticipate to use as occasional diversions from the main games, ie games that you don’t really “finish” in the traditional sense)
-OnRush
-Tetris Effect
-Soul Calibur 6

Next Planned Purchases
-Code Vein
-Sekiro
-Valkyria Chronicles 4

Games purchased in 2019: 1
Games completed 2019: 0
Platinums in 2019: 0

I reserve the right to completely stray from this plan at any time 😉

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

RogerRoger

Gremio108 wrote:

Accidentally wrote 'Burnley Men At Sea' at first. What a game that would be

I was about to say "oh yeah, forgot I played that one as well" but then I remembered that he wasn't from Burnley and we were technically on land, so...

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 Burnley men at Sea.

Hahaha ha. Nice one.

Jaz007

I’m just gonna restart.
Here’s my current backlog/currently playing.
Playing: Resident Evil 2, KH: Dream Drop Distance (almost finished).
Backlog: RDR2, God of War, Astrobot, Moss, Raw Data, Summer Lesson (playing it again since you play it more than once), Beat Saber, Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight.
Most wanted: KH3, Nekopara Vol 2., Sekriko, and DMC5.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

My next purchases are most likely to be Spider-Man, Far Cry 5 and Resi Evil 2. But I will probably start Detroit Become Human after RE 7.

I completed Resi Evil 7 and Detroit Become Human.

I bought Far Cry 5 and started it. Totally forgot I mentioned it on here to buy. I also bought Tekken 7 which I have not touched yet.

Far Cry 5 is quite a big game so will most likely keep be busy until Sekiro is out on the 22nd. Unless I get bored of it so will get either Spider-Man or Resident Evil 2 REmake. Or play something from my back log.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

Old

Soul Calibur 6 - finish up the campaign - completed
Astrobot - Complete the campaign - complemented and platted
Puyo Puyo Tetris - get 2 more perfect clears and drop 100,000 puyos (on about 62k atm) - fail as I have Tetris Effect which is better

To buy

Celesete - fail
Ace Combat 7 - fail
(bought a few other games instead)

New

Atari Anthology - get 50% trophy completion
Hitman - Get another 5 trophies
Tetris Effect - finish expert mode

To buy

Celeste

Jaz007

Jaz007 wrote:

I’m just gonna restart.
Here’s my current backlog/currently playing.
Playing: Resident Evil 2, KH: Dream Drop Distance (almost finished).
Backlog: RDR2, God of War, Astrobot, Moss, Raw Data, Summer Lesson (playing it again since you play it more than once), Beat Saber, Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight.
Most wanted: KH3, Nekopara Vol 2., Sekriko, and DMC5.

I finished KH Dream Drop and KH3. So I made some progress
I got a Nekopara Vol. 2 but haven’t played it yet because I’m very annoyed at an audio glitch I found early on.
My backlog is the same. I’ve played a little of a few titles.
I still need to finish Resi 2, so that needs some work.
Ubisoft MP games keep distracting me.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Ralizah

Seems like it's time for an update.

PREVIOUS POST:

Backlog:
1) Hohokum (PSVita) (COMPLETED)
2) Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PSVita) (COMPLETED)
3) Furi (PS4) (DIDN'T EVEN START)

Purchases
1) Resident Evil 2 (PC) (PURCHASED)
2) Wargroove (Switch) (DIDN'T PURCHASE)
3) Etrian Odyssey Nexus (3DS) (DIDN'T PURCHASE)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Games completed in 2019 so far: 9.

Games purchased in 2019 so far: 4.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Backlog:
1) Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove (Switch)
2) Okami HD (Switch)
3) Resident Evil 2 (PC)

New Purchases:
1) Wargroove (Switch)
2) Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
3) Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Switch)

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Gremio108

@Ralizah Okami HD on Switch - Can you use the motion controls to paint? Because that would be ace

Edited on by Gremio108

Ralizah

@Gremio108 Yep. When docked (or in tabletop mode), you can use gyro controls to paint. In handheld mode, you can directly manipulate the celestial brush at any time via the touch screen (which, in my opinion, is very much the optimal way to play).

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Gremio108

@Ralizah I've dreamed about playing Okami that way since 2006. Have fun!

Edited on by Gremio108

Kidfried

Since two months ago I was able to take off two games off my backlog (and Hitman too). With my current situation, having less time for gaming due to work, that's a way more decent score than I had expected.

Previous backlog:
1) Red Dead Redemption 2 -its third entry already - but I'm really close!
2) Ni No Kuni 2 - platinum!
3) Rise of the Tomb Raider - finished!

New backlog:
1) Red Dead Redemption 2
2) Yoku's Island Express
3) Zero Time Dilemma

I don't really feel like tracking Most Wanted anymore, as I can be way too ecclectic in my game purchases. I have been really craving a Soulslike for the past few days, so Sekiro is on the top of my list right now, but... I may just feel like picking up another Yakuza game in a few days from now too.

Kidfried

mookysam

UPDATE:

Currently Playing:

• Dragon Quest XI - Complete aside from some of the post-game. I reached a satisfying conclusion, however so feel able to cross this off.
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - Yep, I'm still playing. Will this ever be finished?
  • Metal Gear Solid 3 - Completed
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - Kinda got distracted after being annoyed by the camp bug and getting stuck on a mission. Will return to it soon.

Backlog:

1. Trails in the Sky Second Chapter - Haven't touched it as I've been playing Smash Bros. as my primary handheld game.
2. Crash Bandicoot 3 - not touched
3. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - COMPLETE - Hooray! Actually finished this in time for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Most Wanted:

1. Assassin's Creed Odyssey - I've decided I can't be arsed with buying this. Bored with open world.
2. Persona 3/5 Dancing — PURCHASED
3. Kingdom Hearts 3 - COMPLETED - Was pretty much hooked on this and finished it quite quickly (for me).

New Lists!

Currently Playing:

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Very nearly finished the World of Light (am at the very end bit) and will then finish the Classic Mode for individual fighters. Been completely hooked on this!
  • Pokémon Let's Go Eevee - Making slow progress
  • Ratchet and Clank HD (PS3 version) - At the final boss. Very dated game that I'll be glad to finish
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - glacial progress, but still getting there
  • Hitman 2 - Doing a location at a time rather than all in one go and getting burnt out. Progress is therefore quite slow. Next up Sapienza.

Backlog:

1. Trails in the Sky SC - intend to resume one I finish the World of Light in Smash Bros. Ultimate.
2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - continuing my progress through the MGS series (I finished MGS4 the other week).
3. Crash Bandicoot 3 - this beckons after I complete Ratchet and Clank.

Most Wanted:

This year is very thin on releases outside of Switch land so I'm focusing on getting through my backlog. I've not even bought games in PSN sales like I normally do. Next purchase will probably be Yoshi's Crafted World on the Switch. May also get Tales of Vesperia (one of my favourites in the series), but first must play Hearts R and Berseria.

Edited on by mookysam

mookysam

PSN: mookysam

RogerRoger

@mookysam Ultimate Ninja Storm is the perfect "just ten minutes" game, so it'll probably take you a little longer if you're using it to break up bigger things! It's nice to have a game like that on your shelf. Hope you continue to enjoy, no matter how much / often you play!

Previous Backlog:

• Hitman Absolution HD Enhanced (yep, and got the platinum)
  • Dragon Age: Origins (yep)
  • Shenmue I & II (er... sorry Ryo, pushed back again)
  • Outstanding DLC for Various Games (did some, but nothing major)

The second item on that list has sparked my love of a new franchise, so I've also completed Dragon Age II (core game; played the first DLC this morning and have the second all lined up for this evening) and have Dragon Age: Inquisition installed and ready to go.

They've really been my major focus for the past month; I've also completed several Elusive Targets and Limited Time Events in Hitman 2, unlocking their associated rewards, and played Star Wars: Battlefront II when Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker showed up, but they're things I drop in and out of regularly anyway. Oh, and to kill pesky half-hours where I haven't been able to properly "play" anything, I've been doing random levels from GoldenEye: Rogue Agent on PS2 but again, I do that kinda thing often.

Current Backlog:

• Dragon Age II: Legacy
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Outstanding DLC for Various Games

Dragon Age really put my purchase schedule on hold; was planning on grabbing some of these older games cheap, but there's no point until I've finished these vast RPGs I've been getting. So, there's basically no change here, but I'll repost it anyway (creature of habit).

Upcoming Purchases:

• Team Sonic Racing
  • Dishonoured
  • The Infamous Trilogy
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I'm going to be taking bets soon on how long Shenmue I & II will be on this list!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic