Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 161 to 180 of 699

NecuVise

@mookysam how do you like Steamworld dig 2? Did you play swd 1 and how do them compare? I enjoyed the first game a lot and I'm waiting for a good price on this one.

NecuVise

RogerRoger

Yikes, it's been over a month! Been too busy playing games!

Previous Backlog:

• New Game Plus on Hard, and a Deadly Obsession run, with Shadow of the Tomb Raider (er... half-done, am saving Deadly Obsession for later, but completed New Game Plus on Hard)
  • The second mission (and probably way more) of Mass Effect Andromeda (shh, nope)
  • Shenmue I & II (double shh, still nope)

My hopes to squeeze in the first Shenmue between Shadow of the Tomb Raider and LEGO DC Super-Villains were dashed by "real life" and a few other delays, and the 100% glitch in Lara's latest meant it was easier to just delay that final Deadly Obsession playthrough safe in the knowledge that when I picked up all the relics, I'd actually pick up all the relics. Also, I didn't know about Photo Mode until a week before, and that slowed everything down because I was stopping to take pretty pictures every thirty seconds.

However, I've also played and completed the story of LEGO DC Super-Villains in the past couple weeks, and have also dipped in and out of Star Trek Online and a handful of old Bond games on PS2 and PS3. I made new save files for Sonic Unleashed on PS2 and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) on PS3 and saw them through to the conclusions of their storylines. I've also played Rez Infinite.

Current Backlog:

• Hub Worlds and Free Play in LEGO DC Super-Villains
  • Hitman 2 (releasing this Friday; priority)
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (releasing next Tuesday)

Upcoming Purchases:

• Just Cause 4 (will depend entirely on how everything else goes)
  • Team Sonic Racing (now bumped to May 2019... and I'm kinda relieved about that)
  • Dishonoured
  • The Infamous Trilogy

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Old Backlog

Dirt 4 - Complete the campaign - fail
God of War - Finish the game - fail
Black Ops 3 - complete the campaign on hardened - completed
LoZ BoTW - start the game - played for 15 hours. Not going back.

To buy

Celeste - fail
Yakuza kiwami 2 - completed
Dreams - still no release date
RDR - holding off until black Friday

New Backlog
Pes 2019 - get platinum
Dirt 4 - finish campaign
2064 Read only memories - play through story

To buy
Red Dead Redemption
Celeste
Astrobot
Moss

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

mookysam

@NecuVise I enjoyed the first Steamworld Dig a lot. It was very addictive so I bought the second straight after as it happened to be on sale at the time. Steamworld Dig 2 is excellent. It expands on everything from the first game and also makes some quality if life imprisonments. Bigger, better and prettier is how I would describe it. The levels this time are custom designed and there are more caves to explore, as well as more of a story to tie it all together. The new powers are a lot of fun too.

@RogerRoger Oh cool, you've been convinced to get Dishonored! It's a fun and well-designed stealth game, whether you choose to go non-lethal or not (I know you'll play the missions non-lethal ) The mini-sandbox levels were a highlight for me. If you enjoy it I hope you'll play the second as I found it to be a lot better than the first.

Now we just need to get you playing Final Fantasy...

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

NecuVise

@mookysam thanks. That sounds good. I'll probably get it on sale later on.

NecuVise

Gremio108

@themcnoisy The campaign in Dirt 4 is stupidly long though in fairness

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

Last time out, backlog looked like this:

Dark Souls
Nioh (my friend has lent it me)
Okami HD (bought it impulsively, I regret nothing)
Wasteland 2

Dark Souls is done and platinummed, Okami is about two-thirds of the way through.

Current backlog:
Red Dead Redemption II
Okami HD (final third of)
Wasteland 2
Nioh (I have a very patient friend)
Yakuza Kiwami
Burly Men At Sea

You can thank PS Plus for the last two.

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 I was running rallies and find it pretty boring, could probably blast through it makes in 5 hours as the racing modes are all done.

Gremio108

@themcnoisy Spotify was my best friend towards the end of Dirt 4's platinum to be honest. Great game though!

RogerRoger

@mookysam Yeah, I've developed a kinda "three strikes" rule for recommendations, and so Dishonoured recently got added to my wishlist. I'm gonna wait for an appropriate gap in release schedules, though, so I'm guessing Spring or early Summer 2019. I'll definitely play the sequel if I like the first.

Ah, I remember when I thought I'd have time for Final Fantasy XV this year... such naïvety...

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

I recently completed Mad Max and Yoku's Island Express, so those are gone from my backlog.

I'm currently playing Resi Evil 7 and have got past the boss I was stuck on, so will crack on with that.

I did start Rayman Legends too after trying the demo on Switch. I'm not liking it so much this time, but will give it another go.

My next purchases are most likely to be Spider-Man, Far Cry 5 and Resi Evil 2. But I will probably start Detroit Become Human after RE 7.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder

Rayman Legends is a game I sometimes play with my daughter, it's pretty entertaining in 2 player.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger get on ff15 quickly. It's great imo.

@JohnnyShoulder @KALofKRYPTON Rayman Legends in 7 years old I think. Shows its age a touch now, but back then I absolutely loved it. I bought it for my son on Switch but its hardly been touched.

Current Backlog

Soul Calibur 6 - finish up the campaign.
Super Bomberman R - get upto world 4 and decide then if I want to play on.
Astrobot - Start the Damn thing
Moss - finish the game
Puyo Puyo Tetris - get 2 more perfect clears and drop 100,000 puyos (on about 62k atm)

That's my lot. I've passed on Ace Combat 7, life's too busy right now as much as I want the game. Ive also got a ton of started but on the backburner games like Odin Sphere, Nier Automata and South Park but with my limited time until Easter I don't want to start on a story based long game.

Edited on by themcnoisy

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy You think?

I picked it up for my daughter for Switch too (and have in through Plus).

For me Origins (Vita) and Legends (and pretty much anything on the UBIart framework) look and play supremely well.
Also, I hadn't played it but my daughter was playing it after getting bored with LoZ and she fell right in to the addictive nature of the game. It was a well time Plus get as she enjoyed practically 'leading' me through the game in 2p.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON I am a big fan of origins and legends. I just don't have the motivation to play through either game again. That said I can't get the motivation to play Astrobot so take that with a pinch of salt.

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy I feel that.

Take the pressure off. It's easy enough to stumble away from past time to perceived obligation to play things.

Just do a stage or checkpoint of something, then do something else entirely until the desire to go back to it hits.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy I didn't realise it was that old and I did not think it was showing its age. Those style of graphics tend to hold up better than more realistic 3D games. I just found some sections a bit frustrating and fiddly, it was probably more down to me not being in the right frame of mind than the game being bad or anything.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Previous backlog:
1) Red Dead Redemption 2
2) Ni No Kuni 2
3) Hotline Miami 2 - completed

New backlog:
1) Red Dead Redemption 2
2) Ni No Kuni 2
3) Rise of the Tomb Raider

My most wanted:
1) Assassin's Creed Origins
2) God of War
3) Nier: Automata

Kidfried

Ralizah

PREVIOUS POST:

Backlog:
1) Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch) (COMPLETED)
2) Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (3DS) (COMPLETED)
3) Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4) (COMPLETED)

Purchases
1) SEGA AGES: Phantasy Star (Switch) (Didn't purchase)
2) Sega Genesis Classics (Switch) (Didn't purchase)
3) Etrian Odyssey Nexus (3DS)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Games completed in 2019 so far: 4.

Games purchased in 2019 so far: 0; this will change upon release of Resident Evil 2.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Backlog:
1) Hohokum (PSVita)
2) Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PSVita)
3) Furi (PS4)

New Purchases:
1) Resident Evil 2 (PC)
2) Wargroove (Switch)
3) Etrian Odyssey Nexus (3DS)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@Kidfried @Ralizah I forgot that's how we do things round here lol. Crazy that you have both played games with Carpenter Brut music tracks - Hotline miami 2 and Furi. He's the man when it comes to music. I actually played Le Perv in work last week when no one was looking and just about got away with it. Class track.

Old Backlog
Pes 2019 - get platinum - Completed
Dirt 4 - finish campaign - Pass (did the main rally and racing but can't for the life of me muster motivation for the triple crown)
2064 Read only memories - play through story - Completed - in fact I did it 3 times

To buy
Red Dead Redemption - got and hated
Celeste - fail
Astrobot - got and its blown my tiny mind
Moss - got and it's okay buy very mediocre

New Backlog (I will pick 3 per the rules)

Soul Calibur 6 - finish up the campaign
Astrobot - Complete the campaign
Puyo Puyo Tetris - get 2 more perfect clears and drop 100,000 puyos (on about 62k atm)

To buy

Celeste
Ace Combat 7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic