Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 141 to 146 of 146

KratosMD

Well since Code Vein just got delayed to 2019 (which I'm bummed out about but I guess in the long run that was a good decision since September is so busy), I'll have to change the third pick of my most wanted games. Because of this change, I think I'm going to buy Spyro trilogy since it's released late in September and I'll be busy playing Spider-Man (and Kiwami 2) in the beginning of the month.

I've actually been getting an urge to play some 3D platformers and I've never played the Spyro games so I'm excited to get it now that Code Vein is out of the way.

Edited on by KratosMD

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Th3solution

@KratosMD I was gradually working up my excitement for Code Vein too, and nearly had it on my preorder list. So far that list is:
Spider-Man, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Red Dead Redemption 2. Now since Code Vein is not threatening to crack those top 3 for this year, I can turn my attention to consideration of Kiwami 2 preorder, but something tells me I won’t be done with Kiwami 1 in time for it to matter.

Edit: Not to mention Shenmue 1/2, Soul Calibur 6, and Valkyria Chronicles 4 which drop in that 3 month time frame. So, yeah ... Code Vein will be a welcome sight later in 2019.

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

KratosMD

@Th3solution Yeah I mean, I was excited for the game but at the same time it probably was for the best that it got delayed. Hopefully it isn't delayed to February 2019

I'm still unsure whether I want to pick up Shenmue at launch or not, since Kiwami 2 is out one week later. I'll definitely buy the collection eventually since these are classics worth owning, but I don't see myself playing them as much as Yakuza.

I would've easily picked up Tomb Raider if it weren't for the Spyro trilogy releasing one week later. And seeing as how it's a third-party game, it'll most likely receive a price cut fairly quickly, maybe even in time for Black Friday. So in my opinion it's not worth picking it up over exclusives like Kiwami 2 and Spider-Man, which will take maybe a year before they will even start seeing price cuts.

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Most games will probably have a price cut for Black Friday - unless they are really selling well then the 'cut' won't be that big if at all. I don't know about digital as there is only 1 store to buy from but if you want Physical and prepared to shop around online, I bet most games - especially those produced in large quantities, will see a price cut. Generally its large stock with dropping/low sales that get the big or early discounts.

Kiwami 2 maybe won't drop much as that is more likely to be made in 'smaller' runs for the western market than games like Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, RDR2 etc because they know it won't sell in those quantities.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy have you played Yakuza yet Mozzy?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy Not really my thing. Watched a few video's, reviews and game-play but the series doesn't interest me.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic