Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 141 to 160 of 161

KratosMD

Well since Code Vein just got delayed to 2019 (which I'm bummed out about but I guess in the long run that was a good decision since September is so busy), I'll have to change the third pick of my most wanted games. Because of this change, I think I'm going to buy Spyro trilogy since it's released late in September and I'll be busy playing Spider-Man (and Kiwami 2) in the beginning of the month.

I've actually been getting an urge to play some 3D platformers and I've never played the Spyro games so I'm excited to get it now that Code Vein is out of the way.

Edited on by KratosMD

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Th3solution

@KratosMD I was gradually working up my excitement for Code Vein too, and nearly had it on my preorder list. So far that list is:
Spider-Man, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Red Dead Redemption 2. Now since Code Vein is not threatening to crack those top 3 for this year, I can turn my attention to consideration of Kiwami 2 preorder, but something tells me I won’t be done with Kiwami 1 in time for it to matter.

Edit: Not to mention Shenmue 1/2, Soul Calibur 6, and Valkyria Chronicles 4 which drop in that 3 month time frame. So, yeah ... Code Vein will be a welcome sight later in 2019.

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

KratosMD

@Th3solution Yeah I mean, I was excited for the game but at the same time it probably was for the best that it got delayed. Hopefully it isn't delayed to February 2019

I'm still unsure whether I want to pick up Shenmue at launch or not, since Kiwami 2 is out one week later. I'll definitely buy the collection eventually since these are classics worth owning, but I don't see myself playing them as much as Yakuza.

I would've easily picked up Tomb Raider if it weren't for the Spyro trilogy releasing one week later. And seeing as how it's a third-party game, it'll most likely receive a price cut fairly quickly, maybe even in time for Black Friday. So in my opinion it's not worth picking it up over exclusives like Kiwami 2 and Spider-Man, which will take maybe a year before they will even start seeing price cuts.

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Most games will probably have a price cut for Black Friday - unless they are really selling well then the 'cut' won't be that big if at all. I don't know about digital as there is only 1 store to buy from but if you want Physical and prepared to shop around online, I bet most games - especially those produced in large quantities, will see a price cut. Generally its large stock with dropping/low sales that get the big or early discounts.

Kiwami 2 maybe won't drop much as that is more likely to be made in 'smaller' runs for the western market than games like Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, RDR2 etc because they know it won't sell in those quantities.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy have you played Yakuza yet Mozzy?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy Not really my thing. Watched a few video's, reviews and game-play but the series doesn't interest me.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KratosMD

Well now I'm forced to change my most wanted list AGAIN because Activision decided to be stupid.

New most wanted games:
1) Yakuza Kiwami 2
2) Marvel's Spider-Man
3) Code Vein Spyro: Reignited Trilogy Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Now that Code Vein has been delayed and I'm not planning to buy Spyro anymore, September is actually looking less and less stressful. Since I've already preordered Shenmue I & II, I'm just going to add Tomb Raider as my third spot. Not 100% sure that I'll be getting it at launch, but it's more likely now that I will buy it since the rest of the month will be empty (at least in my case).

Kidfried

Backlog
1) Yakuza 0
2) Infamous: First Light
2) Tearaway
3) Fallout 4 Far Harbor
4) Mad Max
3) Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Darksiders 2 (undecided, still!)

My backlog has really been shrinking this year. I got the platinums for Mad Max and Infamous, and I fully completed Far Harbor, so that leaves only Tearaway and Yakuza in my backlog right now. And I might also put some time in either MGS:GZ or Darksiders 2, depending on what I'm into.

Surely, it's really a list of relatively old titles right now, but I don't feel like starting something very new until later this month.

My most wanted:
1) Tomb Raider Rises
2) Assassin's Creed Origins
3) Life is Strange: Before The Storm

Still the same. I haven't bought something for my PS4 for the whole month of July!

Edited on by Kidfried

Wind's howling.

Simon_Fitzgerald

Update:
Backlog:
Dishonored 1 & 2 - untouched
Gravity Rush 2 - untouched
Child of Light - Finished
Mad Max - untouched

Next Purchases:
Swords of Ditto - Finished
Detroit Become Human - Not purchased, borrowed off a friend and only played a couple of hours
Spiderman - Preordered
Spyro - on the wishlist

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6

Kyroki

Backlog:

Crash 3: Warped - Finished
Game of Thrones - Ep. 1 Finished
RiME - Unfinished

Most Wanted:

The Walking Dead: The Final Season
Battlefield V

Add my PSN: kyrokigaming
Follow me on Twitter: @Kyr0ki
Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

PSN: kyrokigaming | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Kyroki I was thinking about doing GoT. How is it? I like most Telltale games, but some are certainly better than others.

Kyroki

@Th3solution First episode was actually decent. The ending has definitely made me want to see what happens next. Maybe not on the same level as The Wolf Among Us, but it's getting there and worth playing.

Edited on by Kyroki

Add my PSN: kyrokigaming
Follow me on Twitter: @Kyr0ki
Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

PSN: kyrokigaming | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

The more I hear of Spider-Man the more I want to pre-order it.

JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I had a preorder on it months ago, but get more excited with each bit of new information that comes out. The latest thing that really got me going from Sammy’s recent interview with the developer was that he emphasized Marvel’s Spider-Man is a very narrative driven game. I was worried it would be another huge open world sandbox with lots of wandering around the open world doing fun stuff, but with a weak main storyline, but the interview sounded like the narrative is the main focus. I’m getting to where I have to have a compelling story to stick with a game — especially a long open world game.
So... go for it! You know once it releases in a month you’re gonna be seeing loads of info on here and you won’t want to feel left out!

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Ha ha you make a good case for it! Not else I can think of really interests for the rest of the year (no not even Red Dead 2) so it is very likely I will get it.

I'm also after a Special Edition, but IIRC I wasn't overblown by the spidey one.

JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I was at the store last night and I paid off my preorder for Spider-Man, and I had a few bucks left and I came close to preordering Red Dead Redemption 2, but I just couldn’t make myself do it. The more time passes, the more I’m losing the hype for it. I already have Spidey and Shadow of the TR for sure and honestly, those two plus my backlog is certainly more than I can handle for the next 6+ months. And so many large open world games, I fear the open world burn out factor (like I alluded to above). I’m not giving up on RDR2 yet, but Rockstar better show me something quick to keep me engaged and convince me it needs to move back up to the top of my list.

RogerRoger

In the past month, I've completed replays of Rise of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, as well as playing a little Star Trek Online and, this week, Hitman: Sniper Assassin.

Having put in a bunch of pre-orders now, though, my forthcoming purchase list is looking pretty in-depth, although I won't be able to play everything in release order so it'll make my backlog look a little messy as time marches on. Also, despite thinking I wouldn't want it if it were released, I think I'll be getting and playing Mafia III on PS Plus, so my lists now stand as follows.

Backlog for August 2018:

• The first two missions, and a mid-point mission, in Mass Effect Andromeda
  • Mafia III
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (if there's time)

Upcoming Purchases:

• Shenmue I & II (will immediately go to backlog)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (play at launch)
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy (will immediately go to backlog)
  • LEGO DC Super-Villains (play at launch)
  • Hitman 2 (play at launch)
  • Just Cause 4 (play at launch)
  • Team Sonic Racing (will immediately go to backlog)

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

Ralizah

ORIGINAL POST:

Backlog:
1) Child of Light (PS4) (COMPLETED!)
2) Nier: Automata (PS4) (Haven't even started...)
3) Cosmic Star Heroine (Vita) (Ditto...)

Purchases:
1) Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch) (PURCHASED!)
2) Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition (PS4) (Didn't purchase...)
3) Okami HD (Switch)
4) Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch)

————————————————————

Backlog additions (unscheduled):

• Hollow Knight (Switch)
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)
  • Mario + Rabbids DLC: Donkey Kong Expansion (Switch)-
  • Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC (Switch)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PS4)
  • Slime-san (Switch)
  • Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (GC)

Games cleared from backlog (unscheduled):

• Hollow Knight (Switch)
  • Mario + Rabbids DLC: Donkey Kong Expansion (Switch)-
  • Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC (Switch)
  • Enter the Gungeon (Switch)
  • Stardew Valley (Switch)
  • The Witness (PC)
  • Tecmo's Deception (PS1 Classic on Vita)

————————————————————

REVISED POST:

Backlog:
1) Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)
2) Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (GC)
3) The Unfinished Swan (PS4)

Purchases
1) Okami HD (Switch)
2) Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch)
3) Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! (Switch)

Total progress so far this year:
Games purchased: 19
Games leaving backlog: 27

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

PSN: Ralizah

Gremio108

Original post looked like this:

Backlog:
Shadow of the Colossus
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Wasteland 2

Next purchases:
God of War
Dark Souls Remastered
Hitman

Well me hearties, Assassin's Creed Black Flag has sailed out of Backlogville, and Shadow of the Colossus is also down, complete with platinum. God of War is also platinumed, which means the situation now looks like this:

Backlog:
Dark Souls
Nioh (my friend has lent it me)
Okami HD (bought it impulsively, I regret nothing)
Wasteland 2

Next purchases:
Hitman
Red Dead Redemption II

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

mookysam

Update

1. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Still yet to play. God of War took longer than I thought and I doubt I'll have time before Dragon Quest XI is released. This will have to wait until next year now!
2. Wolfenstein: The New Order
CURRENTLY PLAYING and should be finished within the next few days.
3. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix COMPLETED

Not done too badly actually, with almost two games down!

New List thingy

Backlog!

I've decided that I will use August to clean up games so I can delete them from my hard drive and make some room for new stuff.

1. Crash Bandicoot 3
2. BioShock 2 REPLAY
3. Assassin's Creed Origins DLC

Next purchases/Most anticipated
1. Dragon Quest XI PREORDERED and will play at launch
2. Kingdom Hearts 3
3. Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Yet another change as I've decided against getting Spider-Man right away given its proximity to Dragon Quest. Assassin's Creed wasn't initially on my radar but I have such a fascination with Classical Greece that I will buy it if I have finished Dragon Quest in time!

Switch FC: SW-7078-8737-1884

PSN: mookysam

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic