Forums

Topic: PES2017

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

daveofduncan

Where does everyone stand on this year's game?

It's getting rave reviews so far and defended aggressively, as per, by the loyals.

I bought it at launch last year because I loved the demo and parts of 15. After verging back towards fifa this month though and putting a pre-order on Fifa 17. I'm eager to see what both demos have to offer.

The demo is available now on the American PSN store btw. Due for release here tomorrow I believe.

In need of a new friend's list. Apply within!

PSN: borntodave

ApostateMage

I downloaded this from the US store last night and after a few matches i love it! The graphics, animations, smoothness and player likeness' are all really good. Most importantly the gameplay is typical PES, fast, fluid and great fun to play. I'll be definitely buying it this year.

ApostateMage

Anchorsam_9

I'm very much looking forward to it. I really enjoyed PES 2016 last year, and FIFA 17 hasn't done anything to impress me this year, so I might move to PES for good.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

Mergatro1d

I'm totally back in with PES after having an affair with FIFA for a few years. PES 2016 was the best footy game I've ever played (apart from ISS 64, obviously!) and I've pre-ordered 2017. Can't wait to finish work and try out the demo tonight.

Mergatro1d

PSN: mergatro1d

WanderingBullet

Already downloaded the demo. Will be trying it out after playing Nioh's Beta which is only available for a limited time.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Number09

Played the Demo feels good feels dare I say better these pes demos do have a tendency to differ from the day 1 purchase for example pes 16 felt different to the demo then when all patches were downloaded it felt like the demo even goalkeepers felt better to me pes 16 with all its downloaded gubbins and kit and emblem patch is an excellent football sim.

However there are minor discrepancies and to be fair to Konami its not on the pitch

Point 1 International games be it friendlies or tournaments the dates are wrong.

Point 2 the League table shows points at the beginning

Point 3 players commentary names there should be a lot more a lot lot more Konami pes 16 was very very poor on names

Point 4 Training bring back training like in pes 4

Point 5 Stadiums give u stadium creator at the very least konami

And Finally player bio history previous clubs etc just like Football manager even Electronic Arts are giving the fans club History like I said minor discrepancies because as game play goes Konami have nailed it.

Number09

themcnoisy

Great demo, a weird omission is you cant mess with the formations and alot of the tactics are also greyed out. Theres no commentary either which is odd, but overall there's enough here to give a whirl for 7/8 games. The character models are brilliant, in one goal (to be honest my only goal in 3 matches) it played out like a real match goal. I toughed it out on the hardest difficulty but passing is too easy. Way too easy and alot of the legacy issues remain, such as players suddenly stopping before you gain control which again has been a problem for pes way back in the ps1 era.

The big problem with pes, and this has never been rectified. Is the AI never giving away fouls, like literally ever. So if your planning on playing Sunderland or west brom tactics you are out of luck.

I've gone right off both fifa and pes, they are clearly the best footy games but none of the legacy issues are being addressed. They may look fantastic initially or borderline real life in replays, but that illusion breaks with weird animations, floaty players and the legacy issues mentioned above.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Speedy67

The demo's damn good. I was a little unimpressed initially but as I played it more I realised just how great it is. The shooting, passing, tackling, crossing and goalkeeper AI are all better than in FIFA 16, which is my last football game purchase. I didn't try the tactics 'n stuff much honestly, but I assumed they wouldn't be any worse than in PES 2015. It definitely seems like a game for the defenders, though, and not the attackers. There's a lot of interceptions, successful tackles and skinning defenders is very difficult, along with the shooting being something of an acquired skill as in most PES games, so attacking and scoring goals is harder than I've ever experienced in a footie sim. Defending is better, too, than I've ever experienced, because tackles feel so realistic, and everything feels physical.

The annoying thing about PES 2017 is that it's still far, far behind FIFA in terms of licenses, and at this rate I'm not sure if Konami are gonna get on EA's terms with licenses. Sure, customization is great, but I'd like the real thing, thanks. Also, FIFA is beating PES as ever on animations, because this new PES game is as stuttery and oddly floaty as ever.

Yeah, what he said.

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.