Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 601 to 620 of 640

TraCuz-

@1_W1NG3D_4NG3L Really? Yusuke's story didn't click with ya? My stomach sank when Madarame said not only did he steal his mother's painting (which I thought it was a nice touch it was a portrait of Yusuke and his mother) but he literally watched her die. And yeah they definitely switch the format up by saying your next target contacts the Thieves, we definitely gotta talk about that palace because it's my favorite. Same brother, I absolutely adore this game. P5R and FF7 are both my favorites of all time, I can't choose which I love more. The only complaint I walked away from P5R with is that it's a little too long for it's own good, but you may not have that issue. I beat the base game, taking a break and saving Royal content for later in the year. Btw the Royal content may be some of the best expansion/dlc story stuff I've had the pleasure of playing. Royal's content is so meaningful to the game I honestly couldn't believe it even though I've only dabbled, idk why I was expecting just some tacked on content but they went full throttle with it. Also this was my first Persona game ever. I probably won't go back and play the others, maybe look up story summaries on YouTube. But you better believe I'm showing up day 1 for a collector's edition for Persona 6.

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

Also spoiler tag is like so

type spoiler in brackets []type your information with no spaces before or after brackets[] then type /spoiler in 2nd brackets

[spoiler information /spoiler]

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

Ralizah

Nearing the end of the original game's story now. Hoping to beat Yaldabaoth tonight. Really excited to get to the third semester content!

I just realized I've now played this game twice (the OG one in 2017, and Royal in 2021) and have COMPLETELY ignored the politician confidant both times, lmao.

Haru and Makoto too, actually. I'm hoping I can rank up with them in the third semester.

Also a little disappointed clothing options are gender locked in this one. I can run with an all-butler look, but Joker can't wear a maid outfit, so an all-maid crew is a no-go (whereas, in SMT IV: Apocalypse, you could dress up your main character to look like a goth maid, which was good fun). And the maid outfits for my party members suck anyway: the colors make them look less like maids and more like waitresses.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

TraCuz-

@1_W1NG3D_4NG3L Man o man I just love my little guy Morgana, he makes me wanna get a cat irl haha. Makoto's character and her tie to Sae had me really interested, I really like how she's just that voice of reasoning. There's a song from the OST I want you to look up but I'm gonna let the game reveal it to you. When you hear a song that's equally chill as Beneath The Mask you'll know. And don't worry man you can full on expect discussion once Intergrade drops, gotta say though glad we're getting all the Dirge and Deep Ground stuff out the way xD.

Currently Playing:

TraCuz-

@Ralizah That final boss fight is just so good. I really liked the design of the arena, I thought it was stunning. The way the sky shined bright with those colors with the wind blowing and this giant mechanical being towering over the party. To top it off the music really gives that final showdown type of feel and each character in Japanese audio yelling Personaaaaaa put me in the moment. Then the part where the people believed in the Phantom Thieves again was great. Just chef kiss from me, I'll be 60yo and remember this boss fight.

It's unfortunate you never gave the politician a chance, he has some great skills. Mainly during hold ups or negotiations. My favorite is when you demand money you can repeatedly ask for more. So satisfying to 30,000+ yen pop up 4 times in a row. I also neglected a few confidants, Ohya, Yusuke, Haru, and Chihoyo to name a few. Also sucks that they won't let you have your all maid crew xD, it's the little things in life ya know?

Currently Playing:

TraCuz-

@1_W1NG3D_4NG3L Nice! I found it so compelling that she personally heard what the Phantom Thieves are capable of and decided to seek them out to steal her damaged heart. I absolutely loved that bit. On that note about Futaba creeping around the house that part genuinely had me on the edge of my seat and then burst out laughing haha. I also thought it was cool to add that extra depth to Sojiro, he's a great guy. This palace here was my favorite, the story is very touching, I really like Futaba's timidness on the outside but how bold she really is, the music at the palace manages to be melancholic and hopeful at the same time, and I enjoyed that the theme was a "tomb" since she felt so trapped and just dying inside. Just great stuff, by the end I guarantee that your eyes will at least water a time or two.

Side note: Have you unlocked Kichijoji and the ability to play darts? If you haven't played already you should take advantage!

Currently Playing:

Ralizah

So, just started the third semester content...

Morgana is hot now. Not sure how I feel about that. Also, as great as it is having Akechi back, and in peak form, no less, I do hope the game actually addresses how he escapes, because I'm pretty sure he died in the original game[/spoiler].

@TraCuz-
[spoiler]In terms of final bosses, at least in the original game, I much prefer the grounded, climactic fight with Shido (especially after he goes full Bain and the fight gets way harder), who is a source of constant menace throughout the game. I know it's pretty much tradition for JRPGs to end with you killing God in some form, but Yaldabaoth is a boring villain, IMO, and that last fight really involves a lot of shark jumping (particularly when Mecha-Satanael gets involved, lol). With that said, I do find the Prison of Regression to be conceptually interesting; like Persona 4, this game brushes up against and pays homage to the work of classic existentialists; in this case, the Prison is a metaphor in line with something like Dostoevsky's Grand Inquisitor fable.

Yeah, if I ever do a NG+ run, I'll make a point of maxing out the politician, and the teammates I always seem to pass up.

Edited on by Ralizah

TraCuz-

@Ralizah Lmao yeah I agree that he is boring as villain, I definitely prefer Shido in that aspect. Although the Igor twist was nice, I always was suspicious not to trust him but I didn't expect what they did. It was the spectacle of moment for me, coming from a rumor infested student living in an attic to becoming the savior of the world; that whole thing of it being about the journey and not the destination just shined for me there.

I really enjoyed how they handled the Royal content. I came downstairs thinking who the hell is this familiar looking human?? When you recognize it, it's such a Oh S**t moment haha. I personally had to take a break from P5R. I had just spent 120 hours in the base game and I thought Royal would be a weak little 8-10 hours of gameplay, I was WRONG. They did not skimp out when they said it's a entire semester. Once I seen the new mementos section I just saved and closed app lmao. I will return later this year.

Currently Playing:

Ralizah

So, Joker and friends are around level 95 now, and I can pretty reliably farm the Reaper with little trouble.

Really annoyed at myself that I ignored the twins' requests for so long, though. There are a number of advanced demons, like Metatron, that I can't fuse because component demons are only unlocked by ranking up with them.

Ralizah

So, I haven't beaten Royal 100% yet, since there's an hour or two of stuff left to do in the game's apparently endless epilogue, but I did complete the last chunk of the actual game (including finishing up some confidant and Mementos stuff) and get a fair way into the epilogue in a mammoth five-hour gameplay session.

All I'll say is that I'm really happy Royal exists, if, for no other reason, than to give this title a worthy final boss. While there's still a bit of silliness, the climax of the third semester is gripping stuff, and the Big Bad is definitely one of the most compelling villains I've met in a video game. So much better than the paper-thin moral monstrosities from previous chapters.

Edited on by Ralizah

Mega-Gazz

I’ve just been so salty about the way that royal is packaged as a full price new game. You can debate if it is DLC or not, but it isn’t a brand new game. Anyhow its finally on sale enough that I may buy it.

Mega-Gazz

Ralizah

@Mega-Gazz It's not DLC. The entire game has been visually touched up. New mechanics have been added. The new confidants are integrated into the main story. Dungeons have been partially redesigned. Boss fights have been partially redesigned. And so on.

Although, yeah, 90% of it will still be familiar (before the third semester, at least).

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah It’s not hard to see why people would be annoyed by essentially a same-gen remaster though. Obviously Atlus have previous and Squeenix do too in Japan but there were a lot of new Persona fans after 5 who weren’t familiar with the whole rerelease trend.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Mega-Gazz

@Ralizah @nessisonett It’s not just a same-gen remaster though - it is that they very much planned to do this from the start, and of course they did this with p4 vs p4g too (though I came in at p4g). I get that they integrated the DLC into the game and it isn’t like just a new area added - but this is absolutely an expansion to the main game. It isn’t a new story, its more added onto the same story and game. It’s not even that the game did so well that they released a new story in the same world (p5s is more like that from what I understand) - with p5r they planned before p5 to release the game twice like they have in the past to make people buy it twice at full price. It is kinda offensive that they can with a straight face say its a new game, and not give any nod to people who paid full price for the initial game.

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

I mean, really that makes apple look charitable and altruistic by comparison.

Mega-Gazz

Decoy_Snake

@TraCuz- So I finished Persona 5 Royal, picking up the Platinum as well, It wasn't what I was expecting it to be at all, I never thought that Maruki would be the final Palace boss and the Kasumi/Sumire was a big surprise!! loved how it ended and I'm hoping Persona 6 gets announced soon

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

TraCuz-

@Kopite Dude it was such a nice surprise! It's crazy how they put it in your face the whole time. Gotta say I really enjoyed all of the music additions in Royal, including those from the Royal portion of the game at the end. Favorite additions being Take Over and No More What Ifs.

Still my favorite part is when you wake up from that strange dream and wake up to see this oddly familiar looking human who you've never seen before. To find out it was Morgana made me feel so many emotions. I was super happy he got what he wanted but at the same time I felt discomforted because it didn't feel "right". Same feeling for Futaba and her mom....

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

LtSarge

So I finished Persona 5 Royal last week, clocking in at about 146 hours of playtime and managed to get my Platinum trophy #37. I've already written my overall thoughts elsewhere, but one thing I want to bring up here is that the developers made one significant change to the Royal version compared to the original, which I'm super happy that they did. I'm going talk more about it with spoiler tags so if you haven't finished P5R and the third semester, then please turn away.

Spoilers for the ending of Persona 5 Royal and the third semester!

Back when I first played the original Persona 5, I was disappointed that the devs didn't do more with Akechi. He supposedly just died in Shido's Palace and that was that. So when Atlus announced Persona 5 Royal, I instantly thought "I wonder if they changed Akechi's character arc in this version?". I first noticed that you could actually hang out with Akechi in P5R compared to in normal P5 where you would level him up through story progression. That was the first hint that they had made some changes to him, which made me excited. Then I saw that he still "died" in Shido's Palace, but I guess it was given considering the devs couldn't really change the main story of the game. But after you defeated the God of Control, Sae approaches you and asks you to turn yourself in. Right when I agreed to do so, I hear a familiar voice saying "That won't be necessary" and you see the backside of freaking Akechi! I seriously became teary-eyed at that point because I wished from the beginning that Akechi would survive and you could spend more time with him and basically help him redeem himself. Now granted, the story with Maruki basically ended with us finding out that Akechi was never real in Maruki's reality and that was disappointing. But still, the fact that Atlus let us hang out with Akechi for a while longer, and also let us use him in our party in Maruki's Palace, was freaking incredible. He was honestly the best part of the third semester for me, I just loved spending more time with him. After having played Persona 5 Royal now, I can honestly say that Akechi has become my favourite character of Persona 5. He just wanted to be useful to people and the adults treated him absolutely poorly that he went crazy. But then he decided to turn himself in in order to save the protagonist. Moreover, he didn't care that he was going to disappear after we reverted to our own reality. He just didn't want anyone to make choices for him any longer, he wanted to have control over his own life even if it meant forfeiting it. Like I just don't understand how anyone can't like him after all of that. What an upstanding guy, I seriously love him. Major kudos to Atlus for expanding and improving his character arc in Royal. What a great ending to an already phenomenal game!

LtSarge

TraCuz-

@theheadofabroom Dude that 4th Palace is probably my favorite one! Futaba's arc was so good to me. The theme of the tomb/pyramid felt really fitting, and that Palace theme song is also one of my favorite OSTs.

Do you have any favorite moments so far?

Currently Playing:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.