Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 541 to 560 of 640

Th3solution

117 hours in and partway through the 7th palace. I actually really like this one. I quite enjoy the puzzle elements of turning into a mouse and having to figure out how to open all the door locks. I like that there is a clearly defined task of getting the 5 letters of recommendation from the NPC/enemies. I have 2/5 now and the first two mini bosses were fun both to find and to fight.

I caught the Guardian, read all the books, and finished all the retro video games. I feel like I’m on track to max out all confidants I think, if everything goes well. I have no idea when the game ends. 😂. There always seems to be one more palace! By the way, I don’t know why I didn’t realize each palace is a representation of one of the seven deadly sins. It took me until the 5th palace I think to make the association. 😂 Even though the trophies are pretty clear about it, I usually don’t pay much attention to trophy titles, and if the game narrative itself ever pointed out the relationship to the cardinal sins, I must have missed it in the mountains of text that I’ve skimmed through 😅. Anyways, if form holds, this should be the last palace...? But it seems like the game is eternal so I don’t know

Very much looking forward to seeing how things end.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@Arugula the first palace is kind of cool but if it’s dragging now it doesn’t get much better IMO. At least from what I played, I think I made it to the 4th.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@Arugula “ The tale of Kamoshida being a slave driver and a perverted deviant was pretty cleverly done throughout, hopefully they're as imaginative moving forward.”

That’s what I thought, unfortunately it was an early highlight I found.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@Arugula Yeah, ‘progress’ through the game is rather slow. But sometimes the next target pops up quickly, and sometimes a few weeks of gametime passes with seemingly no movement of the main storyline. But you are making progress, even if you don’t feel it, so long as you spend time with confidants and level up the five attributes. The social sim part is definitely hit-and-miss on the characters (mostly ‘hit’ for me). And the palaces are nice since they are all different, but the first one is probably one of the better ones, I think, but the latter ones have really picked up the quality from the ones in the middle, imo.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

I didn't have much time to play it this week but I just beat the first palace now. So far so good

Voltan

Kidfried

@Th3solution I saw you got the Strength confidant maxed, and I'm wondering how do you do it? I got the first request kind of on accident, but I have no idea how to work towards creating a persona that I have not discovered yet.

I already have trouble having all the right personas to have a shot at maxing the confidants that I'm working towards.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried I shamelessly used a fusion guide. One can be found on gamefaqs.com as well as similar info on Samurai-gamers.com, Polygon, and other sites. So long as you have obtained the masks of most of the basic personas then you can fuse all of them, you just have to get the recipe through the guide. There may be a couple times when you need a persona with a certain skill as a basic ingredient, but don’t have it yet in your compendium, so you may have to either grind for it in Mementos or go to another guide that shows all possible ways to get that persona, and usually with a little creativity and effort you can get to it in a few steps with what you already have.

I don’t know how they expected anyone to do it without some help through a guide. There is even one of the harder requests for which you pretty much have to utilize a rare skill card in order to get the appropriate skill onto the persona. And that skill card can only be obtained through completing a specific late game Mementos quest. All of the others can be obtained through choosing the specific skill through inheritance during the fusion process.

In addition to all the time spent researching and then doing each fusion it also involves a huge monetary investment to buy all the personas from the compendium. Depending on how much money you’ve accrued, that might be your limiting factor.

The good thing about this confidant is that although it takes a lot of time, effort, and money, it does not make in-game time advance, and so can technically be accomplished all at once without sacrificing opportunities for other activities.

And as far as having the other personas for the other confidants, I agree that is a pain in the neck too, but sometimes I just go and buy the cheapest persona of that arcana for like 1000¥ or whatever and then know that I will just trash it when I actually need to have useful strong personas for palace combat.

How far along are you in the story?

Edited on by Th3solution

Kidfried

@Th3solution how does the compendium work? Don't I have to recatch those personas?

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried The compendium is basically a log of all the persona you’ve had access to, either by negotiation/capture or through creating via fusion. And it functions as a way to “call back” a persona into your possession again once it’s gone. However — you have to manually add any persona to the compendium that you’ve captured. And it will “save” that persona into that log/library called the compendium for you to access later if you want (for a fee). So you need to be in a habit of dropping by the Velvet Room to upload all the new persona into the compendium before you start using them for fusion or deleting them because otherwise you’ll have to capture them again if you ever want it or need it for a fusion ingredient. If you’ve captured it and saved it in the compendium, you’ll never have to capture it again, so long as you have the money to buy it back.

Also — when you save (or the game calls it “register”) a persona into the compendium it will register and overwrite a previous version of that same persona if you’ve already registered it before. So in other words, as you level up a certain persona in the palaces or mementos you’ll want to update that stronger more leveled version into the compendium. But the twins will automatically remind you if you select that “Register” icon in the Velvet Room to register all the persona you have in your current possession which haven’t yet been registered.

A word of warning though — sometimes the persona you have in your possession is actually weaker than the one you previously registered. So for example, say you have a Jack Frost that you used a lot and leveled up a ton in the palaces and you register it into the compendium, then use it to fuse another persona, so it’s gone from your immediate possession after that; then if you later capture another Jack Frost while you’re palace/dungeon crawling and if you register that new Jack Frost it will delete your higher level Jack Frost and replace it with the new one, and you could lose all the time and XP you had earned with the first version of it. So sometimes you’ll want to avoid the “Register All” prompt when you come back to update your compendium and have to be sure to look individually at each one to make sure you want to “keep” that version in your compendium library. But as a whole, it’s best to visit and make sure you’ve registered all persona you captured or leveled up after each palace or mementos session.

When you create a new persona via fusion, it’s automatically put into the compendium, I think, and you don’t have to manually add it like you do when it’s a captured one.

I’m sorry if that either doesn’t make sense or is a bunch of stuff you already know. 😅

Kidfried

@Th3solution Thanks for that explanation. It's perfect. Wish stuff like that was explained more properly in the game.

Seems like every day I play this game I have to look at least something up. Stuff like "will this activity cost me time" or "do I need a matching persona for this confidant". It takes the spontaneity out of the game, that's for sure.

Kidfried

Ryall

@Kidfried it’s not like you actually need to do things efficiently to enjoy your life as a high schooler and complete the game. I just did what I found fun rather than trying to see everything the world had to offer.

Ryall

Ralizah

@Arugula The second and third 'arcs' are the slowest part of the game because the main story just kinda... stops... while you build your team.

The story picks up with the fourth arc and doesn't really stop progressing afterward.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

TraCuz-

@Ralizah Hey how do I use those spoiler tags? I got some stuff I need to say haha

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Ralizah

@TraCuz-

[ spoiler ]insert text[ /spoiler ]

Obviously without the spaces in the spoiler tags.

It looks like this if you're doing it right.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@Voltan LOL

Took me a minute to figure that out.

TraCuz-

Testing spoiler tag

Did I do it right?

Currently Playing:

TraCuz-

Man oh man I messed up (information leading up to final boss below)

So I've been trying to get my PS4 backlog caught up so I can focus solely on new releases and up until recently I've been playing Persona pretty timidly like 2-4 hours per session. Now I'm having full blown 6-10 hour sessions and I've been breezing through from the 5th palace and beyond (side note: screw the Okumura boss). I had just finished Shido's Palace after farming a bunch of exp and money, was going to use all that for health items, and persona and weapon upgrades but instead I procrastinated and spent a bunch of time with my Confidants and then calling card day came. Beat Shido (which was really cool, I loved how dramatic that 1v1 felt), next thing I know it's exam week and literally the day after they're finished I'm thrown into the depths of the mementos. The feeling of dread that came over me when the world was transformed and I realized I ran out of time to do the things I needed to, it was one of those rare moments in a game where the feelings of the characters can exude from the screen and controller and into my heart. Nobody ever told me how tough the end of this game is.

That journey up the hill and fighting each of those guardians I felt just as mentally exhausted as the characters did physically. Then I finally get back to the top of that hill, low on health and sp items. Then something really stands out as I'm with my team about to head in, there's no music. I knew it was about to get real. I open my inventory to see that all I have are 6 master coffees and 1 soma. Still I went in determined. I beat the Holy Grail and I got super excited because it was a tough battle. But then it happens, he transforms into yAlDaBoAtH. When I say that my heart curled into a ball and died. How could I not see through the obvious "You haven't even seen my final form". My back is against the wall in this fight, every moment, every decision has to be the right one. I use my final sp item and hope for the best. Then... Then he charges up what looks like a tailed beast bomb and it ANNIHILATES ME even when full health and blocking. So then I reload at my last checkpoint and see that it had been nearly an hour worth of battle. I closed app and went to sleep. Literally my first thought when I woke up was "Omg I only have 6 master coffees " and I don't even have any ultimate personas from my max links. Then I realized I made a grave mistake ignoring one of the game's biggest messages "Take your time". The moment I decided to rush and procrastinate was the death of me, and now I'm stuck. All hope isn't completely lost though, I have a save the night before exams so atleast I can make one night's worth of coffee and go buy a ton of Takemedic-Zs, but still the idea of a rematch is so daunting.

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

Kidfried

@Arugula Haha, so far I really, really dislike Yusuke. I'm at the third palace right now.

I do like all the other party members so far, and the confidants too.

Kidfried

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.