Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 381 to 400 of 640

mookysam

@KratosMD That palace was tough! I did play on normal though and found myself repeatedly going back to the safe room. It made me think just how useful the fox in Persona 4 was! The theme of the palace was interesting. I wondered if it was partly inspired by worler conditions in the Foxconn factories.

In terms of the expanding Phantom Thieves although I liked Haru, it felt I couldn't connect to her as much as the other characters, who by that point had become a very tight knit group. I didn't get to finish her social link either.

Have you encountered Death in mementos? If you do so when there is pollen it is a very easy fight and you can grind levels very quickly.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

mookysam

@KratosMD Haru is very sweet, but I definitely preferred Makoto. Makoto's character development over the course of the game was perhaps the strongest along with Futaba. I can't remember exactly, but I thought my main problem levelling up Haru's social link was that at that point I still hadn't maxed out all my stats. On a new game plus replay I think I will be able to do all the social links. The Twin wardens were quite fun to do. I enjoyed their story.

You sound like you're making good time with the social links!

Black Lives Matter

mookysam

@KratosMD This is a very tricky one to answer because I absolutely don't want to spoil anything. As I recall, to nab the true ending, you have to answer a certain question near the end, but it is part of the story and can't be missed. I don't remember anything elating to social links or side characters that needs to be done for the true ending like Marie in Persona 4 Golden.

Black Lives Matter

mookysam

@KratosMD I don't think the question is anything tricky. The answer seemed pretty natural given the themes of the game.

Black Lives Matter

Jaz007

@KratosMD I’m pretty sure if you keep being rebellious like the entire game is based on, you’ll be fine. I can think of one choice in the entire game that would make such a difference. I didn’t look at a guide or anything, but they’ll come a time not to compromise. It’ll be apparent and shouldn’t require you to have spoilers. Maybe I’m wrong, but I really doubt it.

Jaz007

mookysam

@KratosMD Yeah, I'm the same. It can make me anxious. In the original Persona 4, it didn't have any special requirements, but I messed up that crucial moment in the story. Silly old me hadn't saved for a while so I had quite a bit to redo. 😂

I'm interested to see what you think of 5's story once you finish it.

Black Lives Matter

mookysam

@KratosMD I knew that it didn't feel "right", but the way the questions were worded was quite confusing and the answers to choose from didn't exactly feel right either. At least when I did Golden I knew what to expect and made sure to ve vigilant with my saves. 😂

You reminded me that I didn't spend much time with my romance, so on a replay I will do that. The sixth palace has a really interesting setting and the music is definitely head-bobbingly good! My favourite palace music was Futaba's pyramid.

Black Lives Matter

Jaz007

@KratosMD Do you let the mementos requests for confidents build up? It’s a big time saver. And you should probably max out the rest of social stats now. I’m surprised you haven’t gotten the guts for Iwai yet. I was close to or had all of the stats maxed out by where you are.
And I’m glad the music finally got you. I loved it from the start. Only issue is a 120H game needs a few more tracks. The emotional music that plays when someone confessed is great, but could use a variant after 80 hours whenever something somber or sad happens.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD You don’t have to max out the gamer link. I don’t remember how much you have to see or if it’s a certain level, but you can get what need before the mementos request. I’m not positive, but I think you just need to see him once or twice upon getting it.
Oh, and you’ll never get charged for late DVDs if you want to use that to level up guys.

Jaz007

Ralizah

KratosMD wrote:

I was actually saving up my main gripe with P5, which was a lack of good music, for my final thoughts of this game.

I have some major gripes about P5 (excessively formulaic; no challenge in random battles, even on hard mode, with all battles ending in all-out attacks once you have a semi-decent spread of Persona abilities; the ten hour or so tutorial period at the beginning; the excessive lack of freedom throughout the game, even moreso than in other Persona games), but the music has never been one of them. The entire game is filled with amazing tracks. I'm surprised you haven't been thrilled with the music outside of the palaces up to that point.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@KratosMD Lack of good music? I listen to the soundtracks of Nier and Persona 5 quite often. Haven't played any of the two games, but I love those tunes so much!

Kidfried

Jaz007

@KratosMD You’ll be able to hang out with everyone still (Haru included) and do whatever still, just not attend class. I had the same thought and worried for nought. And just press into menmentos along with requests. If you just go down however far you can then, you’ll be just fine. And I hated Alechi’s guts so much just on his conditions for the gang to disband. Let alone what he did later.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD First, max them all out first. I didn't get to even though I felt like I would, and it stunk. I think it was four or five I missed too. (not counting the twins) You have have to remember limited availability too. For the extra free time (or when the confidents aren't avilable), I would do just that. Have some fun. Fish, visit the maid cafe. go on dates with Makoto, and hang out with Sasuke and Ryuji etc. They still have small events at the different places you can take them. The broship and romance is still real after maxing them out, and it makes you feel like they're your friends even more too, because you hang out with them even after maxing them. Eating out with Ryuji after maxing him out was more fun than it had any right to be. If you have the right mindset, it can all be very meaninful still. Just not "rewarded" so to speak. The beauty of this game man. If they made a Persona 5 gold with full voice acting for everyone I'd be over it so fast.
Speaking of which, one of my few gripes was that not everything was voice acted in the game. (texting aside, that would've been weird to have read out loud...)

Jaz007

ApostateMage

Barring the combat and gorgeous slick menus I enjoyed everything better in P4G. Characters, stories, scenes, music, humour.
Persona 5 was a cracking game but I personally wouldn't put it on a pedestal as much as many others do.

ApostateMage

Jaz007

@KratosMD Yeah, you can still hang out with the lime normal and have the mini-events for going around town with them, just no “main story” event. Just avoid the “go somewhere interesting” or “go a different route” option. It just shows you two standing in the underground mall and up the relationship (pointlessly since it’s maxed). It was kind of annoying that it was nothing even the first time honestly.

Jaz007

JJ-firl

@KratosMD This is happening to me right now, P4G really became a part of my life and it's going to be very weird when it eventually ends (about 50 hours in so far). It helps that it's my first encounter with the franchise, I haven't played anything like it before. I also think it works so well on the Vita that I'm reluctant to play P5. I'm sure I'll like it, it looks amazing, but I'm afraid I won't be enjoying it on PS4 as much as i enjoy P4G on the Vita. It's so much fun chipping in a few days here and there, playing a few hours in bed, ...

You're right about the soundtrack too! It's so well integrated in the game. At first I was thinking: Hmm, if they're going to repeat the same tracks over and over in a '100+ hours' game I'm going to be so tired of them. 50 hours in and I'm like: HEARTBEAT, HEARTBREAK.

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Th3solution

@JJ-Firl I have to agree on the Vita thing. P4G was so great to play in little sessions, or in long ones, on the couch or in bed. It’s probably part of the reason I haven’t finished P5.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@KratosMD No, it doesn’t affect how much time you have. You’ll have all the time until the deadline to do that stuff. I had the same scare as you did with that place though.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD How?! You maxed everyone you lucky dog! I tried so hard and failed. Gosh dang it.
And don’t worry about the true ending.

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.