Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 361 to 380 of 640

Th3solution

@Jaz007 So you were able to max out all the confidants on the first play through?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@Th3solution I wasn't able to sadly.
@KratosMD You don't need to romance anyone to max them out I'm pretty sure, you can choose the friendship route instead. Actually, I just checked a guide because I have no worries about spoilers and you definitely don't. I did read you have to be in school or something or another or that it might take a couple more points to get to level up then. And I didn't choose it personally, but it'd bet good money on it. As far I understand that's only a thing in Persona 3. Actually, I just checked multiple spots online because I have no worries about spoilers, and you definitely don' need to romance her or anyone. I did read you have to be in school or something or another or that it might take a couple more points to get to level up then. I also read you might need to be past a certain foreign trip too.
I was a bit bummed out I didn't max everyone at the end because I really cared about each confident by the end, surprisingly more than I thought than when I started the game, so one day I'll see them on a second playthrough, but I feel like nothing but it being a really good game can be good enough incentive (unless it's much bigger incentive) to play a game this long again.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 what difficulty did you play it on, if you don’t mind my asking? I am just curious how much that affects the enjoyment, and seeing how this game is your favorite. My play through is on normal or the one below that I think (Easy maybe? - can’t remember for sure since it has been a while since I booted it up) and it is really fun, but it’s just hard enough that I run out of SP pretty quick and if I make one wrong choice of if I don’t get the ambush perk then it can decimate my resources a little bit. So @KratosMD was selling me on just playing on Safe mode which I think will be more enjoyable since then I could focus on the story and maxing all the confidants. When I eventually get back into it I plan to do that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

@KratosMD Yeah, you definitely don't need to romance Kawakami to max out her confidant rank to 10. I maxed it and didn't romance her.

I almost maxed out all the links in P5, but it'll be much easier on a replay without needing to worry about my stats. The gunshop dude is a beneficial link to go for because of the gameplay benefits, although most links confer some sort of benefit on the player, I think.

In P4G the only link I didn't max was Adachi and that was because I missed spending time with him on a specific day. It was annoying because it was my first playthrough and I was impressed to have fitted all the others in.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Jaz007

@Th3solution I played it on normal. A few slightly annoying setbacks aside from Joker getting ganked, I think the game was better for it. I was just careful with SP and got really far in each dungoen every day. I never took more than 1 extra day (or two of you had a mandatory leave) from running out of SP. You’ll be able to get some items from the doctor as you unlock them that will make SP management (and therefore healing after battle) all but comptlely null and void. Before then you have to switch out teammates and such and use Joker’s SP carefully. Something I read online that might help too, is that enemies never spot you when you’re hiding even if your in their line of sight. Use that to make ambushes easier. I never realized that the whole game. Never got attacked while hiding either though.

Jaz007

DerMeister

It's good to see this game is still getting some love.

I actually did a NG+ run in order to max out confidants and play around with fusions (stuff that's really hard to do on a first go), and I've maxed out almost everyone except Mishima, of all people. I tried to get his rank 10 to trigger, but I couldn't do it, meaning I probably screwed up on my Mementos missions.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

DerMeister

@KratosMD I actually liked the 4th palace as well. Futaba is also a cool character. I thought her dork girl personality would grate on me, but the siblingesque relationship she has with Joker is great.

Gonna tell you now, hit that bathhouse a ton because Charm is hard to level up on a first run. If I remember right, you need maximum Charm to finish Makoto's confidant. I couldn't do it on my first playthrough.

Edited on by DerMeister

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

Ralizah

I enjoyed how elaborate the palaces were in comparison to dungeons from previous Persona games. They're a lot more like proper SMT dungeons, actually. On that note, I'm also really glad they brought back guns and demon negotiations.

Fifth palace was probably my favorite overall.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Jaz007

@KratosMD Aside from P5 being my first Persona game and the sleiceofic ooints being different, that is exactly how I feel about the game. I’m glad you’re enjoying it as much as I was.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD They really do grow on you. I began thinking I could do without maxing out Ryuji's confident level. I maxed him out and felt like was a total bro to me the end. Freakin love the guy. I think my favorites of the group are Yosuke and Makoto though. "Last 40 or 50 hours." Only a game as long as this could produce such a phrase lol.

Jaz007

DerMeister

The cast is definitely a highlight. I honestly don't have any real issues with any character, some of them could have been handled a little better, but in the end it's still a great team.

DerMeister

Last night, I completed Persona 3 for the first time since high school. I forgot exactly just how much I love this game. It's showing it's age, but the story is just as impactful for me today as it was 7 years ago. It honestly might be my favorite story in the series, if only because of it's themes and what it represents. It may not be as refined as P5 or charming like P4, but it still has a place in my heart. Man, I missed this game.

Edited on by DerMeister

Jaz007

Anyone else hyped for P5: Dancing all night? I can't wait for that game.

Jaz007

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007 I'd quite like to import the Vita twin pack. P4DAN was a bit of a gem!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Jaz007

@KratosMD I wouldn’t hold out for a PS3 release at this point.
Seriously though, I’m gonna wait for a remade or whatnot to play it too.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

DerMeister

@KratosMD @Jaz007 It is admittedly difficult to recommend P3 as is, especially if you were introduced to the series by 4 and 5. The best way to play it now would be it's PSP release, as it tweaks the battle system to be more like P4 and adds a female option for the protag if you'd like. The kicker is that the presentation takes a hit (The cutscenes look more like a visual novel now) and the extras in FES are no longer present.

I'd like a remake of some kind too. I love P3 warts and all, but I'd love it if more people could get into it, and it does feel old even for a PS2 game.

mookysam

@DerMeister @KratosMD I'd highly recommend Persona 3 Portable over the original as well. The improved battle system and female MC make it more than worthwhile. Playing as the girl changes large portions of the social links and other little bits as well, so it does provide a fresh experience, even for those who have played the original. I've played it twice now (one as each main character) and loved both playthroughs. The story is brilliant and so dark. The cast of characters is particularly likeable too, although it doesn't quite have that same "buddy" vibe that you get from Persona 4. P4 felt like the focus was much more on the interpersonal relationships of the main characters, which worked brilliantly for that game. In 3 the story feels much "bigger", although there are still some great moments between the characters.

A remake would be awesome.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Fight_Teza_Fight

@DerMeister Agree with your thoughts on Persona 3. If I could that game in the Persona 5 engine it would be my GOAT game.
@KratosMD I can also vouch for Persona 3 Portable. Played it on vita.
So I've been playing Persona Q with the P3 cast and it's kind of put the cast in a different light to me...
Persona Q really stresses the fact that the P3 team aren't really friends and are just forced to be together, whereas the P4 crew are super buddy-buddy.
I just assumed they would be friends given how much they go through, then again I'm pretty certain the game takes place during the early climb of Tartarus as several characters referenced/present are dead.
Also Akihiko is pretty badly represented in the game and Mitsuro is a bit off at times (3rd dungeon).

@Jaz007 I'm ridiculously excited for both Persona 3 DSN and Persona 5 DMN. P4DAN was the first rhythm game I really got into. I'm going to try for the platinum.
@KALofKRYPTON The twin pack is available at GAME for PS4 and it comes with a digital download code for P4DAN https://www.game.co.uk/en/persona-3-5-endless-night-collectio... . Import is probably the only way to get the Vita pack though unfortunately.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

KALofKRYPTON

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yeah - Handheld is a much nicer fit for the games for me I think.

Not as if I've finished P4DAN though - so perhaps a digital purchase when I have.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

DerMeister

@Fight_Teza_Fight Honestly, I really liked how at the start of 3, SEES are just thrown together and act more like associates. Only Mitsuru and Akihiko can really be considered friends (He's the only person Mitsuru refers to by first name basis at the start), and even then they're very professional towards each other. It all makes the ending more poignant. They went through hell, and now they're a true pack.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.