Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 241 to 260 of 640

kyleforrester87

I couldn't hack it either, these games just arnt for me. I can see why other people would like them though. But the thought of playing it through twice makes my head spin :s

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ztpayne7

@themcnoisy yeah I loved the game, but that was my least favorite palace. The next ones are much better!

ztpayne7

Ralizah

I actually really liked the spaceport dungeon other than the airlock puzzles at the end. It was neatly designed, and I liked having to snoop around and find particular robots to fight. It added a nice bit of variety to my dungeon-crawling experience.

Least favorite dungeon is easily Madarame's.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

Man this game drives me nuts. Made an hours unsaved progress and got 1 shotted by an elephant, then last night my whole team succumbed to tears and died after 3 turns. Grrrrr. So annoying.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

Finished this last night. Surprised how easy the Futaba navigator lines trophy was in comparison to the equivalent in Persona 4 Golden. It just sort of popped in the last dungeon!

@themcnoisy Yeah, this is why I'm paranoid about saving often enough when I play JRPGs. Losing progress sucks. And it's not at all uncommon in Atlus games, what with their often hardcore levels of difficulty and tendency to throw multiple boss fights in a row at you. Although Persona games are definitely the easiest in this regard.

@KratosMD RE: power outages, this is actually one of the bigger hidden benefits of playing a game on the Nintendo Switch! All a power outage does is kick the display back to the tablet screen.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD One of the benefits of the system design. I don't think it'd necessarily be impossible to do with a home console as well, though. Imagine a battery backup that kicks in if the console suddenly loses access to its power source, so the console just kind of lingers in rest mode until the power source is restored. I wonder how much extra something like that would cost?

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 @KratosMD @Ralizah Yeah, twice losing progress in the same dungeon is actually enough usually to make me hit the eject button permanently in most other games. As Kraros mentioned Im just retracing steps to get back to the point I died. One shotting the team leader shouldnt be allowed imo its completely against the games theology. The only save point is behind my team, the section just passed the overworked cranes which form a path when they break down.

Edited on by themcnoisy

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Fair play, wasn't trying to be a d*ck about it. I have a habit of making notes of things people write, then bringing it up 6 months later when they say something to the contrary. @themcnoisy is always doing that hahah.

Not me though, I'm a man of my word. Yes sir!

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy It can annoy me, but then I remember that's what games were all about when I was a kid and just try and enjoy it lol.

Funnily enough this reminds me of the memory card advert on the back of the FF7 manual

Untitled

Remember getting a new game and checking what the save icon looked like haha.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD you write better posts than me. I can hardly string together a coherent paragraph. Especially lately, work is killing me. Hate the summer. Anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread lol.

Persona 5 = overrated

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

Finally dragged myself through the ufo and beat the boss. Woo hoo. Now I can do fun stuff like date the journalist and ignore ryugi.

Worried im gonna miss the true ending. @Ralizah @johncalmc @dermeister is there a set list of things i have to disagree too like p4g?

johncalmc

@themcnoisy There is, but it's nowhere near as obtuse as Persona 4 was. From what I remember, in that one, you had to pick a few dialogue options in the hospital, and then later you had to speak to all the people you'd maxed social links with in order to unlock the proper ending. In Persona 5, there's two opportunities to fail but it's pretty obvious what you need to do. Just be a good friend, and if someone offers you a crummy deal you probably shouldn't take it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ralizah

@themcnoisy It's super simple. Don't make obviously wrong choices when they're offered to you and make sure you get to the bottom of Mementos by Dec. 24th.

I ignored the journalist throughout the entire game, btw. Never actually got to date anyone this time around. I think I'll date the teacher on my second go.

ApostateMage

I'm ashamed to admit it but I had a game end at that point. It really shocked me until I reloaded it to realise how much of a klutz I was. Silly Joker.

Edited on by ApostateMage

ApostateMage

themcnoisy

@johncalmc @Ralizah dont take bad deal. Bottom of mementos.

Nice. Yeah on this run through my initial aim was to max stats, obtain a load of cash to passover and 50% of the persona bestiary completed with most of the trophies ticked off. Ive realised that a 2nd run is out of the question so Im now spending all my cash to buy the latest gear and mods and trying to max as many confidants as possible.

Nei

@themcnoisy that's a good call, I did a second run but yeah not so much fun outside of seeing all the confidant stories...the Palaces are an improvement over the old style of randomised dungeons but the way they are structured with cutscenes and events makes it a real chore to replay through them once you're done.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

themcnoisy

@Feena Spot on and I really dont have the time. Its taken me months to get this far and Ive absolutely hated the lengthy dungeons for the reasons you have noted.

I would prefer to have less battles but more tactics - too frequently its a copy and paste job. Faster animations post battle - even pressing triangle the post battle screen takes 8/9 seconds or so to finish. And the biggest pain is the dungeons are too big - this is a major gripe. Some of the puzzles are good, some are absolutely terrible. If the better puzzles were condensed in with a smaller dungeon everyone would be happy and the set pieces would be more memorable.

Edited on by themcnoisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.