Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 201 to 208 of 208

johncalmc

@Throb Nah, important things always take care of themselves. You'll be given set dates you need to take palaces down by, but as long as you do that then the major plot points in the story will always appear on set dates. General rule of thumb is, do the palace ASAP and then you'll be fine.

johncalmc

Twitter:

ztpayne7

@Throb the celebrate your success part will come naturally as part of the main story. For instance, they might say let's go somewhere Friday! And if it's only Monday, you'll have free time until then.

ztpayne7

Feena

I am slowly (relatively) making my way through the game...I am at about 90 hours - just beat the fourth palace and unlocked tons of new stuff.
Loving the story and social simulation aspects but at this point I am starting to feel a bit tired of the combat...and Mementos. I know I could probably skip it but I am a completionist when it comes to JRPGS.

The characters are some of the best in the series: Fox cracks me up ! If the "golden" version of this (on Switch?) gets a female protagonist I totally want to date him. Or just make him datable for the main guy. On that note (kinda): I don't want to go all SJW but don't you feel those "gay dudes" in Shinjuku are kind of offensive/racist, at least for western standards? Is it just me?

Edited on by Feena

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Ralizah

@Feena I think a few sites already complained about the gay guys in their (otherwise glowing) reviews.

It was an attempt at humor that seems to rely on stereotypes about "predatory" gays. Probably ill-advised, but I didn't feel personally violated by it or anything.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch friend code: SW-2726-5961-1794

PSN: Ralizah

ztpayne7

@Feena just an FYI without trying to be spoilery - I wouldn't skip momentos. I would wait until you have several of those missions and do them at once.

ztpayne7

johncalmc

I thought the gay guys were a bit weird. The game generally handles most things very well, but those gay guys seemed to have strolled in from a different game. They're so ridiculously over the top and such an old fashioned stereotype of gay people, that it felt really odd. Fortunately, it was all over and done with after a couple of minutes. Perhaps the humour was lost in translation or something.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Feena

@johncalmc @Ralizah yeah of course it's not a deal breaker or anything, it was just weird and I got a strong "this could never happen in a contemporary western game" sensation - it's even stranger considering how maturely the game faces other sensible themes.
@ztpayne7 Thanks for the heads up and yeah I am usually waiting till I have 3-4 requests and there's a rainy day so I get rare chests

School trip time btw

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic