Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 141 to 160 of 640

themcnoisy

Finally FINALLY found 1 copy available new not from a scalper. I have to wait upto 10 days for delivery but who cares, Saves me speaking to uneducated games retail buffoons. Woo hoo.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

@themcnoisy congrats! We'll probably be playing together since I have a lot of work lately and I am playing it so painfully slow. It's three Persona days per real day on average and then I can really advance on Saturday afternoon lol.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

themcnoisy

@Feena Fingers crossed I can put some serious time into it, but I doubt It and will be way back. I'm facing a similar to you, my job goes crazy end of May until a few weeks into September. But hey, got it now and can't wait to check it out and annoy the hell out of you all in this thread by asking the most mundane and obvious questions!

ztpayne7

@themcnoisy always feel free to ask 😄 I'm glad you got a copy. I bought the game on a whim and it was amazing from beginning to end. I was left wondering what to play next and all I wanted was more persona, even after 100 hours. P.S. the music is ace 👌

ztpayne7

johncalmc

So there I was playing Persona 5 last night and I started getting a bit tense because time was running out and my social links weren't progressing as quickly as I'd hoped, and I got to the final day when you can do anything with social links and I had one left at level 8. There's a no swearing policy in here and it's really proving quite difficult not to breach it right now.

I've been making fairly regular saves in different slots so I think it's possible that if I return to an earlier save a month or so before, and do the social links in a different order, I might be able to get them all. I think I just need to concentrate on finishing Fortune since that one can boost other social links once you max it out, and then move on to the others.

If I go back a month and try it and then find out I still can't do it I'm gonna get banned from this forum.

johncalmc

Twitter:

ApostateMage

@johncalmc Did you max out all your stats on your previous playthrough? I'm also on new game+ and going for the maximum confidants trophy. I've heard it's pretty easy to do if you've maxed your stats already and are just focusing on social links but I'm still apprehensive. I don't want be looking at a guide for each day, though.

ApostateMage

johncalmc

@ApostateMage No, but I'd maxed them all by like a couple of weeks into my second playthrough. I think I created problems for myself by not a) not finishing Fortune early enough, and b) not starting Empress early enough. I'm going to go back a month to just after the first availability for Empress so I can get more done and I think it's doable. Maybe. We'll find out tonight when I get home from work.

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@johncalmc For your own Sanity John go on a trophy rehab course.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@johncalmc @ApostateMage Finished the fourth palace in NG+ and I'm stressing like hell to get everything done for the platinum. I wish I had gotten the bookworm and golden finger trophy in my first run.

I just got the guardian of the pond trophy. Be prepared to bury your controller afterwards.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

johncalmc

@Fight_Teza_Fight I wish I'd got some of them on my first run too. Bit of advice; there are some books that you can only borrow from the library and you can only borrow one at a time, so you'll need to get those out of the way for what should be obvious, but spoilery reasons. I fell into that trap so that's another issue I'm facing.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

@johncalmc That's great advice actually! Was prioritizing maxing out confidants and completely forgot about that. Close call, thanks!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

ApostateMage

@johncalmc @Fight_Teza_Fight I had a save in mid November I loaded up to get the Bookworm trophy. I just need to beat the final stage of Power Intuition for the Golden Finger trophy. It's so frustrating trying to get that one.

ApostateMage

johncalmc

@ApostateMage If you've not got one, get a save at November 25th. That's the longest stretch of uninterrupted free time in the game as far as I can tell. It's like two weeks. I've got a save there, so I'm planning on loading that one and doing all of the books, then reloading it and doing all of the games, and then reloading it and finishing maxing out the confidants. Whether or not I can manage all that remains to be seen.

Anyone cheesed the Reaper yet? I killed him in like twenty seconds and you get crazy EXP for it. Cheap, but good for levelling.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

@johncalmc @ApostateMage That's a good shout. Will keep a save just in case. Not too far away.

Haven't attempted Reaper yet. Thought he'd be crazy powerful, especially after getting my arse handed to me by another battle...

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

ztpayne7

@Fight_Teza_Fight I think I heard he's super strong but weak on particular days that has conditions (sorry, don't remember how to do the spoiler tag so I should probably let someone else say it)

ztpayne7

johncalmc

It may have taken me 192 hours but I finally got me that Persona 5 platinum.

Well.

Back to The Last Guardian I guess.

johncalmc

Twitter:

ztpayne7

@johncalmc congrats! I hope to have it some day. I don't get many platinums though.

ztpayne7

Ralizah

@johncalmc Is it less of a pain to get than the platinum for P4G?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.