Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 121 to 140 of 640

ApostateMage

I've just had the horror of getting the bad ending. I was completely shocked because I wasn't expecting it that sudden. Anyway, I've reloaded my save and have played things more wisely now. D'oh!

Super game.

ApostateMage

johncalmc

@Reanfan7 @KratosMD It's not harder. It's way, way easier to get the best ending in Persona 5.

Persona 4 made you jump through a few hoops. You had to pick the right dialogue options in a conversation in which it wasn't clear what the right options were, then point the finger at the correct killer, then continue until the last day, then go round and talk to all level ten social links, then go back and talk to the true culprit without many hints as to who that was, then do the new final dungeon.

In Persona 5 there's a couple of choices to make and it's fairly obvious that one of the options is going to lead to trouble. All you have to do is make a choice, and if you get a bad ending, reload and pick the other one.

And in news that will no doubt delight many who tried to platinum P4G and failed - like me - the P5 version of the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy is way easier this time around too. As long as you switch up your team mates (use the skill that let's Joker switch party members mid battle if you like) you'll get it no bother. I assumed I'd get it on my second playthrough with some grinding but I got it without even trying.

johncalmc

Twitter:

ApostateMage

I've just fought a huge phallus on wheels called a Throbbing King Of Desire!!

ApostateMage

Fight_Teza_Fight

@ApostateMage Haha literally just came across it. Type: Irritable.... XD

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Nei

Just finished the second Palace. Absolutely loving the design of these. The hard difficulty definitely felt hard this time around.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Ralizah

@Feena The second palace boss was a genuine challenge on hard mode. Not overwhelming, but I felt like I had to stay on my toes the entire time I was fighting him. I can't wait to see what else the game throws at me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

Yeah I beat the second palace boss first time but it was literally down to my final move. Everyone was dead and if my last attack hadn't done it I would have been game overed.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Nei

@Ralizah @kyleforrester87 Yeah, me too - I had like 15 hp left and had to choose between using a recovery item that could possibly but not surely win me another round or press attack hoping to deal enough damage to kill the boss. But that's we like our JRPG bosses, isn't it. How's the merciless setting, I wonder?

Ralizah

@Feena I'm willing to bet even lower EXP/Yen from enemy encounters and a much higher chance of your attacks missing entirely (which isn't THAT big of a deal in this game, considering it doesn't have press turns). I'm liking hard mode: challenging, but not cheap, and I don't feel like I need to grind.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just finished! Got the good ending. 121 hours, 81% Persona Compendium completion.
What a game! Re-evaluating my initial score. 10/10. Not only is it my GOTY by far. It's also in my games of the generation alongside Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne.

I can't gush enough about the game. The OST, the character building, the story (what a first enemy!). Just fantastic. So glad the ending sequences lived up to the rest of the game. That's where P4G nosedived for me.
It's also overtaken P3P as my favorite Persona game.

Going to start NG+ for the platinum run. Bought the P3P & P4G costume/OST to keep things fresh. Bumping the difficulty up to hard. Thought about merciless, but I need the money if I'm to fill out my persona compendium.

Merciless:
Damage received: x1.6
Damage dealt: x0.8
Experience: x0.4
Money: x0.4
Critical and technical hit damage on both enemies and allies is tripled.

Seriously though. WHAT. A. GAME!!!

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

ApostateMage

I've just finished and it's probably one of the longest single run playthroughs of a game I've ever done. 155 hours! I got the good ending (after a reload of getting the bad ending earlier on) but my compendium was only 56%. I romanced Mokoto because she had brains, brawn and had those awesome hips. I'm definitely gonna start a new game plus to sweep up the remaining trophies.

Absolute cracking game.

ApostateMage

Nei

@Fight_Teza_Fight wow merciless is really harsh on money and exp!

The social links (confidents ?) cut scenes are the best in the seres by far ...I have been really surprised by a copule of them.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Feena Yh it definitely seems like it was intended for NG+. Would've done it, if it wasn't for the money. Triple damage on weakness and techs seems really cool- would speed up the gameplay a lot.

The cut scenes are great. Took me every ounce of self control to stay true to Makoto.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

johncalmc

I'm on my second playthrough of this now going for the platinum because I'm mental.

I'm up to the third off last dungeon, and I'm starting to get reeeeeeeeal tense that I'm not going to have enough time left to do everything. Still got so much to do.

johncalmc

Twitter:

ztpayne7

Completed this last night. Such an amazing game. I felt like it was long but I finished considerably sooner than a lot of people on here. I clocked in at 101 hours on normal.

This is now in my top ten favorite games of all time. This and Horizon have made 2017 incredible for me so far.

Edited on by ztpayne7

ztpayne7

Throb

When does the tutorial end? It's still going on and i'm about 10 hours in?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

themcnoisy

So I've just been in Grainger games in Liscard Wirral and they aren't getting any more copies in of Persona 5 in. Literally none at all! Didn't help that the staff were a bit thick, telling me it's a niche game with no previous pre orders or some rubbish. But yeah that's mad.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

johncalmc

@themcnoisy Liscard Wirral sounds like a town from an Elder Scrolls game. Regardless, I think Persona 5 legit sold out. It completely dropped out of the top forty in the UK after one week because there were no copies left.

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@johncalmc haha, it does a bit. I used to live in a place called Eggbuckland. That sounds like it's from Sonic the hedgehog.

So yeah, still no Persona for me, so I bought a wallet and underpants instead. Rock N roll people.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.