Forums

Topic: NW-31374-8 and IP Fragmentation Errors

Posts 21 to 27 of 27

Pixelnme

@Wanderingbullet:Yeah i've been on the phone to Sony,i mentioned still getting the ip fragmentation message along with the NW-31374-8 appearing over the weekend i did say though that the NW-31374-8 seems to have cleared up for me since weekend,i haven't seen it for a bit but still getting ip fragmentation randomly,i told him several of my friends have had the issue and that there are people on various sites and forums have mentioned this issue,he said i see you've tried the ports i said yes i've even tried DMZ and changing MTU value nothing,i said i've had a new router as also a chap on the site PushSquare and it hasn't fixed it for either of us,they said they've seen this in the past and with trying all ports also different routers he thinks it may be there end servers or data center and is going to escalate it to management to look into,as i say hopefully if enough phone and complain of it will hopefully help.

Edited on by Pixelnme

Pixelnme

Pixelnme

@adf86:i don't think it's your speeds gaming uses very little im on 20mb down 20mb up and very rarely experience lag,i did used to game on 1.5mb down and 484kb up aslong as no one else was using our internet especially downloading i could game with hardly any issues,now i've always used ether net cables when i was on 1.5mb i used to use a 15 meter ether net cable (you can use upto 100 meter without issues) running up the side of the stairs now my router is next to me,i've never used a powerline adapter though so don't know how good that would work,when i did have SFV i think out of say 20 matches i experienced lag right at the very end of 2 matches in round 2,now i think i read Capcom are looking into there online as are Bungie with Destiny as others have mentioned lag,but i don't believe it to be your speeds i play destiny have since the beginning and rarely experience lag now i occasionally see the bar go to red but doesn't seem to affect anything my friends on Virgins 200mb see this also,i would try an ether net cable if possible as i say i don't have any experience with gaming via powerline adapters,i have also seen people on forums complaining of some Virgin hubs not playing nicely with psn but im not sure you could try port forwarding or DMZ as a last resort,it could also just be psn throwing a wobbly maybe phone Sony or Virgin but as i say if you can i'd try an ether net cable.Good Luck.

Pixelnme

Pixelnme

@Wanderingbullet:The issue seems to be fixed for me i had an email from Sony management asking for more info on my isp like if they had blocked certain addresses and other things,in other words they where still believing it could be isp based even though i'd told them it was happening on several different isp's,anyway i've done about 30 tests and not one sign of the ip fragmentation message so looks like todays maintenance may have actually fixed it ,i phoned Sony saying i'd had an email requesting info on my isp gave them my reference number so they could look at my previous calls and said it looks like the maintenance had fixed the issue so it looks like it was indeed there end not our isp's,i also said so now they can hopefully look at what the engineers did see what the problem was and how they fixed it for future reference,anyway hope it's resolved your's and everyone elses issues

Edited on by Pixelnme

Pixelnme

WanderingBullet

@Pixelnme: Same here. Tried my connection a couple of times yesterday and then again today - didn't get the IP Fragment errors so far. Thanks.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Gbe334

Unfortunately im still having this issue since february. Brand new modem and the expensive nighthawk router. Called comcast and they said it wasnt on their end. Im assuming its a ps problem still. Will call sony on monday

Gbe334

PSN: Gbe334

WanderingBullet

I tested my connection a couple of times earlier and the error didn't appear.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

blah01

Hey guys, I got a new Virgin Media modem/router and the PS4 started giving me the IP packet fragmentation warning.
So I unticked the block fragmented packets option in the router and set the MTU size to 1500. Rebooted the router and then checked the PS4 network settings: all good, no warnings and fast as hell (wired connection). Hope this helps anyone still stuck with this.

Ah now lads....

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.