Forums

Topic: Nier: Automata

Posts 221 to 240 of 245

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yup I had like 20 cores that I was holding on to lol. I think old books are worth quite a bit too, 5k?

I felt the upgrades and economy all fall a bit flat in this game by the end, unfortunately.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 I've actually found a book worth 11k, lol. It's pretty nice.

The only reason why I'm glad about being able to have this much money is so that I can buy all the trophies in the game! This could potentially be my only Platinum trophy of the year, lol.

(And yeah, I wouldn't really be proud of that Platinum, but hey, I'm just utilising the features that PlatinumGames are offering me )

'To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly'
'They fail to live because they are always preparing to live' - Alan Watts

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 So I'm in The Tower now with 9S and A2 and it's been absolutely bonkers. The scene that has been the most impactful for me so far is when 9S entered the room with all the 2B models, took off his blindfold and smiled creepily as he said he was going to destroy every last one of the models.

WHAT A DEVELOPMENT! I'm absolutely in awe.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 So I just finished the game once and I picked A2. I saved the game over a new slot, do I go back to the first slot and choose 9S this time, or do I use the Chapter Select on the new save to go back to the choice?

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD err just reload and pick 9S - to be honest I THINK it works like I said, either that or 9S has the full ending. I'm not 100% sure because i did the same as you, went a2. You'll get a nice choice at the very end!

kyleforrester87

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 Alright, I finished the game now and got the true ending. And yeah, you were right, you do that via Chapter Select.

This game was absolutely incredible. I don't regret one bit picking it on my top spot as GOTY. These three playthroughs were amazing, especially the last one, and the story was so interesting and unique. I'm so glad that I decided to continue playing it after the first playthrough, (even though I genuinely got upset when 2B died in the third playthrough, but the true ending helped resolve all those feelings . But yeah, GOTY all the way. Loved it.

Also, I like how the game updates the screenshot of the start screen when you boot up the game after finishing it for the third time. Nice touch.

And I managed to have enough funds to buy the rest of the trophies and get my first Platinum trophy in like years, lol. Cheap way but it felt rewarding anyway since I have played the game for so long and accumulated so much money that it felt like a waste if I didn't use them on something. So in my opinion, it's a great way to reward the casual player but maybe not so much for trophy enthusiasts.

ellsworth004

@KratosMD congratulations!!! Yes a very good game. Makes me happy Everytime i see someone else get so into it as i did. Probably one of the best game experiences I've ever had. Guess i need too try and complete the dlc, it's pretty tough though.

Edited on by ellsworth004

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

KratosMD

@ellsworth004 I was actually thinking about if the game had any major DLC and I couldn't find any information about it on the PS Store, but I do remember news about a Battle Arena being added to the game recently. I'm guessing they just added it as a patch update to the game. Is it any good?

Th3solution

@KratosMD @ellsworth004 @kyleforrester87
Quick question - without spoiling anything of course 😉 do you (or anyone else who is a NieR enthusiast here) recommend skipping some of the side quests and saving them for later? I was thinking I’m pretty close to completing my first playthrough because I’m over 25 hours in now, yet story-wise I’m not anticipating a conclusion anytime soon (I just met and fought A2). I’ve just been so immersed and loving exploring the world, meeting new characters, and doing side quests, I’m now thinking that maybe I should save some of these for the following playthroughs. Are more side quests added that are unique to the follow-up runs? If I complete all the side quests now, will my second run be more boring? I understand that completion and progression carry over but the story changes, so I’m just a little confused if I’m playing the game “wrong” 😅 by spending so much time exploring, leveling up, and completing the points on the map.

If the other guy is getting better, then you'd better be getting better faster than he's getting better, or you're getting worse.

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution you can come back and do them, to be honest I found a lot of the side quests pretty dull - I'd say play the story and do a few side quests as you come across them then you can go back and do them all if you want at the end.

kyleforrester87

KratosMD

@Th3solution Yeah, I agree with @kyleforrester87. You've probably already finished 40-50% of the game's total side quests so now just relax and enjoy the story and if you want, do the quests that are on the way to your next story mission. That's how I played the game anyway.

Th3solution

@KratosMD @kyleforrester87 Awesome! Thanks for the feedback guys. With that in mind I can probably finish the first route today. I’ll try to suppress my open world gaming obsessive-compulsiveness. 😆

If the other guy is getting better, then you'd better be getting better faster than he's getting better, or you're getting worse.

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 Did you also cry when this song played during the end credits? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSrBTrJBDl8 This song hit me so hard and made me realise that the game is finally over now. GOD I want a sequel (or just another game in the series) so much now!

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 Uh, err, I mean I totally didn't cry at all either!

sniff sniff

But yeah, easily the best game soundtrack of the year. So many beautiful and unique songs!

Th3solution

Ok, so just random observation here while playing but ...
the voice acting —
It’s very good. Really, really good.
And I’m a little slow I guess as I’m over 25 hours into the game and still trying to place the characters voices because I know I’ve heard them before in other games.
I thInk is Operator 60’s voice actress the same as Morgana in Persona 5? And I know I’ve heard 2B and 9S before but can’t remember what other games those actors did.
And ... not sure if this is just a weird Japanese translation issue but they keep referring to Pascal as a “he,” using masculine pronouns but Pascal’s voice is clearly a female. Just a little quirky I guess. I know some Japanese games just use female voices for young prepubescent males, so maybe that’s it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic