Forums

Topic: Nier: Automata

Posts 101 to 120 of 313

ArkhamKnerd

[Scrolls down quickly in case of spoilers]
I finally just ordered it on Amazon! Right now it's at $39.99, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it. Free one day shipping too!

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

kyleforrester87

Started a new game of this tonight, mannn it's so good. I really hope they continue this series.

@ellsworth004 I didn't get the DLC as I got distracted with other releases then thought I'd wait for a sale. I will certainly pick it up at some point. I know it's mostly combat arenas. Out of interest are they accessed via the locked lifts across the world? Or are they just a bit of a red herring?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ellsworth004

@kyleforrester87 ever find that robot guarding a door in the coast area? Maybe robot kills himself when u talk to him, hard to remember it's been awhile since I played it. And another in the desert. There is a third one I think, I never beat them, they are very hard. Need to get back into it and beat them.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

BranJ0

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I finished it a couple of weeks ago - absolutely incredible game, when I finished the first playthrough I thought it was very good, but the number of revelations, plot twists and just flat out epic moments that kept on coming in the other playthroughs meant that, by the time I finished the true final boss of Ending E, I honestly think this might be one of my favourite games ever. I'm going around recommending it to all my friends if they show even the slightest interest in it, because I feel like more people need to experience it. I'm considering starting the game completely over again, because I know just how much thought they put into the plot. I'm not sure if you'll have seen this, and I apologise for how messy the layout is, but I found this discussion online that really shows the depth of that final reveal in the game, here it is: http://i.imgur.com/zXPUmHr.jpg - SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't finished the game in that link!

It was also one of the only video games to make me really sad - I don't think I'll ever be emotionally over the ending of chapter 14.

But yeah, basically I utterly adored it. It was one of those games to me that you only find once in a blue moon, it was just perfect for me.

BranJ0

kyleforrester87

@BranJ0 Nice! I completely agree with you, it really is that good. In my head it's competing to be my favourite game ever (against the likes of FF7 and FF9 which I never thought would risk being dethroned haha)

I'll have a good read of that later on today for sure.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

Fine, fine! Gah, I’m almost convinced to buy this. I can’t get over the fact that I didn’t really like the demo that much. But the accolades from the community are just too much! I relent!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ellsworth004

@Th3solution demo doesn't do game Justice at all. I thought demo was so so, bought game cuz good things I had heard. Definitely one of the most memorable games I've ever played.

ellsworth004

Octane

I think I may have to start a new playthrough some day. I quit a few hours in. Maybe just to do the story stuff and ignore all the side quests.

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane Oh! So, as someone who this game did not appear to resonate with, why did you not finish it? Did you find the gameplay too boring, too difficult, the side quests too repetitive, or the story too dry? I haven’t heard many who have played the game and not loved it, so I’m curious to hear your unique take on it since I’m trying to decide whether to buy it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@KratosMD I got past the intro eventually. I played a fair bit of it, I remember the theme park, and a tree house.

@Th3solution Whatever story there was, I didn't really care for it (not enough to remember what it was about at least), it's a bit too abstract for my liking. Don't really care about the characters either, can't even remember their names, 2B or something. Gameplay isn't bad, but the character's movement feels very floaty. The setting was a very generic desolate post-apocalyptic world. And all the enemy robots have these creepy smiles. I don't know, maybe not my type of game. Keep in mind that I haven't played a lot of it, so things may change later in the game, but I wasn't impressed with the part I played. I just stopped playing it and moved on to something else.

Octane

Th3solution

@KratosMD Ha, ha — yeah, you posted right before I did.

@Octane That’s good to know. Appreciate your insight. So to help me out, and without getting too far off subject, to see whether this game would be to my liking, what is your “type of game”? Like your favorite game this year or favorite genre or something so I can see if I might feel similarly about Nier.

Th3solution

@KratosMD @Octane ... for example, I tried Dark Souls and never liked it. If the game is really difficult or requires a huge amount of time to warm up, I’m not too interested. If this is similar, then I’m not sure I’ll care for it.
The story actually sounds interesting to me.

ellsworth004

@KratosMD which Wolfenstein are you speaking of? I just recently beat the new order and have been playing the old blood, and im downloading the new Colossus as im typing this. If u are talking about the newest one, are u enjoying it? I loved the first one.

ellsworth004

ellsworth004

@kyleforrester87 have u played the dlc to nier? Just wondering because I have it and I was thinking of trying to tackle it again. Pretty tough from what I played, but that was very little

ellsworth004

Octane

@Th3solution My favourite games are platformers, action and/or adventure games. Horizon Zero Dawn and Super Mario Odyssey are two of my favourites this year. Linear or open world doesn't matter, provided the open world is well crafted and has plenty of things to do in it. I guess it's one of those games that didn't click with me. I do intend to give it another shot, partly because everyone's praising it and I ''didn't get'' what they were on about.

@KratosMD I don't mind abstract stories, but like any story, if it doesn't appeal to you, it's a lot harder to get into. But I find a lot of Japanese games difficult to get into, long JRPGs with a lot of talking for example, they aren't my thing. I prefer something simpler instead that focuses more gameplay. Although I don't mind something like Uncharted on the other hand, but that game delivers the story through spoken cut-scenes.

Octane

Octane

@KratosMD Yeah I know, I was just talking about JRPGs as an example. I have to say that I did accept any side quest I encountered, and I tried to complete everything. I don't plan on doing that again.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.