Forums

Topic: My thought on PlayStation Experience 2016.

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Peterdavid123

I hope they won't announce The Last of Us 2, but instead, reserve it for next year E3 2017. The reason behind it, is that while Sony got a lot of praise for this year e3, it also has some little criticism for announcing games that will be very later on.
Without TLOU 2. PSX 2017 can still be amazing.
All they need to do is announce a new FFVII Remake gameplay, Shenmue 3 gameplay, Horizon Zero Dawn new gameplay (make it special this time, show us that you can ride a flying dinosaur!) and Ninokuni 2 gameplay, Dream PS4 gameplay, etc.
They don't even need to announce new games. Just show all the gameplays from the previous announcements

PlayStation4Life

AdamNovice

I would do something a bit different with PSX this year, while E3 is a place to show your big guns with a slick, no filler conference. At PSX Sony can afford to go much longer because it's their show. What I would do is have everyone of Sony's studios make an appearance at the show (even if they don't have anything to show) as a way of showing PlayStation fans some of the people who work day in and day out to make these great games. And then as a piece offering, every studio offers something to the community for free over PSX weekend.
E.G. Guerilla Games give out the Horizon soundtrack
Media Molecule give weekend access to Dreams
Sucker Punch give Infamous Second Son away for free for a limited time.
Naughty Dog add free PSX themed skins for U4 MP etc.
Nothing huge or anything like that but I feel it would make it a really nice way of making the people at home feel involved with PSX and it allows us to see a more personal side to these development studios.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Kidfried

get2sammyb wrote:

It's probably still to early for The Last of Us 2 anyway to be honest. If we get anything from Naughty Dog at PSX, it's more likely to be the DLC expansion for Uncharted 4.

I agree on it being too early for a new game, but I really hope we're getting the DLC announcement earlier than december. Really curious to what it will be!

Peterdavid123 wrote:

Sony got a lot of praise for this year e3, it also has some little criticism for announcing games that will be very later on.

Frankly, people just don't know what they want. If they had done it the other way around there would be criticism too. Thousands of people signed a petition to get Bethesda to announce Fallout 4 two years ago. "Just throw us a bone" they said, accepting they might not see the game for some time, they pleaded for an announcement.
Sony knows they can never make everyone happy, so they're probably not going to change their current winning formula.

Anyway, why focus on PSX already? TGS is coming up, and hopefully a European event too.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Kidfried: "Anyway, why focus on PSX already? TGS is coming up, and hopefully a European event too."

I like having E3 and PSX 6 months exactly apart and enjoy these two easily the most. The likes of TGS, EGX etc etc dilute the BIG news and BIG games. I dont even look out for the other shows anymore and wait for Pushsquares opinion on them.

@Peterdavid123: "All they need to do is announce a new FFVII Remake gameplay, Shenmue 3 gameplay, Horizon Zero Dawn new gameplay"

Well no I disagree completely, they need to show some new stuff - all you have mentioned can easily be done through sites such as Pushsquare. Not that the stuff you mentioned couldnt or shouldnt be incorporated, but it hardly makes anyone whoop with delight.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WebHead

I could see Sucker Punch's game being announced here.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.