Forums

Topic: Most Wanted 2019

Posts 1 to 20 of 53

KratosMD

It's almost 2019 which means another new year with plenty of new games to look forward to. Which ones are you looking forward to the most?

Personally, I'm the most excited for:

• Resident Evil 2 - this will be the first time I'm playing through this game and possibly even the first RE game I'll finish.
  • Devil May Cry 5 - I finished playing through the entire series earlier this year so naturally I'm stoked to finally play a new game in this franchise.
  • Days Gone - I'm always excited for Sony's first-party titles!
  • Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - never played this game and I'm a huge fan of kart racers, so I'm definitely getting this one on release.
  • Code Vein - this game just looks so unique and easily my kind of game, I'm really excited for this one.

Other games that I'm not 100% sure that I'll be getting: Kingdom Hearts III (it depends on if I've managed to play through some of the games in the series before it comes out), Shenmue III (same reason as before, I need to play through Shenmue II first), Team Sonic Racing (need to see more footage of that game before I can decide whether I want to get it), MediEvil (depends on the pricing and my mood if I get this game) and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered (it entirely depends on if I have people to play this game with).

I don't know if The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III or Yakuza 3 Remastered will be released in 2019, but if they come out during the year then I'm looking forward to those games as well.

We also still don't know when Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima or The Last of Us: Part II will be released so I'm holding off with those ones for now.

2019 is already looking to be a stellar year so far and hopefully more games will be announced throughout the coming months.

KratosMD

Th3solution

Besides the big exclusives, I would also say that I’m curious about Code Vein. News has been strangely quiet about it over the last 3 months. The official website still has the original September 2018 release date posted. All we know is that it’s a 2019 release, but who knows when.
But yeah Concrete Genie, Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, and Dreams are all games I’m anticipating. Half of those will possibly be 2020 releases though.

Edit: oh yeah, and Sekiro. That game as potential.

With a full backlog, I think most of these will be “wait and see how the reviews come out” rather than pre-order, but I’ve been known to impulse buy on day 1.

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

ApostateMage

Cyberpunk 2077 (hopefully)
The Last Of Us Part 2 (hopefully)
Resident Evil 2 (definitely)

ApostateMage

KratosMD

@Th3solution Based on what I've seen, Code Vein is looking to be another game like NieR: Automata in terms of uniqueness and the level of impact that the narrative will have. It just feels like one of those games that will pass people by but is actually really good. So I really have high hopes for that game, hopefully it will turn out even better due to the delay.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

Sekiro is my only must buy from next year.

Honourable mentions go to Rage 2 and Resi Evil 2 REmake.

If Cyberpunk comes out next year I'll be all over that.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

Kingdom Hearts 3, basically. I've been anticipating it for years and adore the series.

Kinda looking forward to Dreams. Surely that will be released at some point in 2019? I'm most interested in what levels other people come up with rather than spending ages making my own (and failing miserably).
Concrete Genie looks like a rather nice concept and if Ghost of Tsushima releases, I may get that too. At the moment Ghost is probably the Sony release I'm most looking forward to.
I'd definitely get Tales of Vesperia at some point, just not right away because it clashes with Kingdom Hearts. I loved the original Vesperia and am quite looking forward to playing the PS3 content we never got here originally.
Last but not least, Resident Evil 2, but I am way behind on the series.

mookysam

PSN: mookysam

RogerRoger

Right now, I've got Team Sonic Racing pre-ordered and... that's it.

Later in the year there'll also be Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order, but since we haven't even seen a poster for that, let alone a trailer or gameplay reveal, I'm half-expecting it to be delayed into 2020. Also will likely get Shenmue III if I end up enjoying the first two, whenever I get around to playing them.

And I'm keeping at least one eye on Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown and Crash Team Racing, both of which I'll likely pick up if reviews and player impressions are solid.

There's also the "fingers crossed" category for Ghost of Tsushima.

What I'm actually most keen for right now is all the DLC which will be landing in 2019, thanks to all the season passes I've been collecting in the past couple months. I'll have more content to play in Just Cause 4 (three expansions), Shadow of the Tomb Raider (four more expansions alongside the two already released) and, most excitingly, Hitman 2 (two new levels, new Sniper Assassin maps, Escalation Contracts, regular Elusive Targets, weapons and outfits). I'm actually quite happy not to have anything coming out for a while, and for my only pre-order to be for a karting game.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

Don't know when games like The Last Of Us 2, Granblue Fantasy: Relink, 13 Sentinels and Ghost of Tsushima will be releasing so it's just Monster Hunter: World's Iceborne expansion that I'm most excited for at the moment.

Oh, and maybe Kingdom Hearts III and Devil May Cry 5 as well but those might not be day one (will wait for reviews first) buys for me.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/?cts=4ZRfNmji

Th3solution

@KratosMD If Code Vein is even half as innovative and unique as NieR Automata then we are in for a treat. I really like the direction of a Souls-like battle mechanic, with the AI companion and the whole anime visual style.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Ralizah

Resident Evil 2 (not right away, but before year's end, for sure)
Catherine: Full Body (when there's a decent price cut... I'd probably pay $40 for it)
GRANBLUE FANTASY Relink (probably not 2019 in the West, but I can hope)
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (it's scheduled for release in 2019, but that probably only applies to the Japanese release)

And... that's it on PS4. Maybe the Iceborn expansion to MHW if I enjoy the base game enough.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

BAMozzy

Of the games confirmed for 2019 with an actual date, Anthem, Metro Exodus and Days Gone are certainties - as in games I have either pre-ordered or will buy Day 1. Far Cry: New Dawn, Division 2 and Rage 2 are 'maybe's' - maybe will buy at some point with games like Resident Evil 2, Crackdown 3 and Sekiro as games I am unlikely to buy at launch but may end up getting at some point if the price is right. All other games are of no interest or have not yet been given release date.

Of course there are other games that I am really looking forward to, some more than those I have mentioned above - Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us 2, Gears 5, The Outer Worlds, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Doom Eternal etc but until they are given a release date - even though they can still slip to next year or beyond - they remain in limbo

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

kyleforrester87

Mostly just Resi 2, although I'm interested in most of what has been mentioned above, too.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

NecuVise

There are so many I won't even mention that. Many of them are listed by @BAMozzy so I'll just point to his list. So far there aren't many games that I'm hyped for, but I'm look forward to many games if reviews are good.

NecuVise

themcnoisy

After my Xmas haul I have little interest in full on gaming next year due to life commitments (2019 is gonna suck for spare time) . There are 3 games I want to play and hope they release during some downtime but other than these I can't envisage buying anything else;

Ace Combat 7
Resident Evil 2
Dreams

With even that said I could easily give Resi a pass. Although I've been interested in Ace combat 7 for years seemingly - when was that even announced?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KratosMD

@Ralizah Oh yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to that Granblue game. It looks like so much fun. Also, are Falcom releasing another Ys game so soon after VIII? I guess it must've sold pretty well for them to release a sequel two years later. Hopefully I can play through most of the games in the series by the time it comes out, because these games are just phenomenal.

KratosMD

Ralizah

@KratosMD
https://www.destructoid.com/new-ys-ix-details-confirm-adol-wi...

Adol as an older protagonist. Party system and somewhat similar set-up hub-wise to Ys VIII. The game is apparently set in a giant prison city and looks pretty dark (this is looking like it'll be the Majora's Mask of the franchise). Development is 50% complete, and the expectation is that it'll release in Japan sometime in 2019.

I've only played Ys VIII to this point, but it really was a superb Action-RPG. Probably the best one I've ever played, in fact.

And most of the games, to my understanding, are pretty short. It shouldn't be a massive undertaking to play all of them before Ys IX.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

KratosMD

@Ralizah I'm actually playing through the games right now and it's a blast. You should definitely play some of the ones on Vita, like Origin or Memories of Celceta. I finished Origin some time ago and now I'm playing through Ys I on Vita and it's still a fun game despite being a remake of the first one from the 80s. So yeah I'm definitely hoping to reach VIII soon, since that game looks like a major upgrade for the series and IX sounds like it's going to be even better.

KratosMD

DerMeister

The only ones for me so far are Kingdom Hearts III, Devil May Cry 5, and Crash Team Racing. I can't remember what else releases in 2019 that would tickle my fancy, and everything else is still up in the air.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ralizah

@KratosMD Yeah, I intend to play all of the games eventually (except the ones with bump combat). If nothing else, they'll give me something to play on my increasingly neglected Vita.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Kidfried

Counting down the games I'm looking forward the most:

10. Crash Tag Team Racing
9. Resident Evil 2
8. Dreams
7. Concrete Genie
6. Days Gone
5. Vane
4. The Outer Worlds