I’m pretty excited for:
God of War
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
No no Kuni II
Spider-Man
Ghosts of Tsushima (if it comes out)
Shadow of the Colossus
Red Dead 2 (if it comes out)
Some small indies like Bloodstained and Deaths Gambit (if that ever comes out)!

Hego

PSN: ShaneHego

Octane

I completely forgot about Biomutant and Dragon Quest XI!

@Tasuki Nope, that's just the port of Bayo 1 and 2.

@WanderingBullet You can't anticipate a 2019 game?

Octane

BAMozzy

One of the games I had high hopes for and 'expected' in 2018 was recently cancelled by EA - the Star Wars game - even though we really had little idea of what it was going to offer etc. Its almost as disappointing as the cancellation of 1313 because we saw much less.

I would look to E3 to get a clearer indication of what games are 'most wanted 2018' and generally by Gamescom/Paris, my 2018 in gaming is finalised. As an owner of an Xbox, I have no idea what MS have planned beyond E3 but I would certainly be interested in Forza Horizon 4 that hasn't yet been announced but its virtually a certainty we will get that. Treyarch's CoD could well make my most wanted - its likely to be purchased regardless - I have all the rest going back to CoD4. Anthem is high on my wanted list but with EA's 2016 debacle, that could radically drop down my list. God of War currently isn't on my most wanted - primarily because of the previous games in the franchise - but something really interests me with this one. My interest was dented with the boys chatter in the last trailer but after feedback, the Devs have toned that down if not removed it entirely. The only game I have pre-ordered so far is Spider-Man but again my feelings to that has fluctuated over time. I really don't like the 'quick time' events and hate having those 'button' icons on the screen - like press X repeatedly until the circle is completed and the icon disappears - it detracts from the game in my mind. I would rather those situations were handled differently - maybe some spider-sense and you instinctively know to shoot a web or whatever action these require - maybe even have 'different' results depending on which button*(s) you press.

Point is that its difficult for me to really give my most anticipated for 2018 - partly because that can change with new info and partly because we don't have a full list of 2018 games - those that will definitely release before the end of the year.

After PSX, It seems that maybe Days Gone and Last of Us 2 could make it. Days Gone is in the final phase and Last of Us 2 is 50-60% complete. It has the potential to be a great year anyway so I am looking forward to seeing which games make my purchased list.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

WanderingBullet

@Octane You could but I think that award was for games slated to get released in 2018. That's what I thought anyways. Maybe TLOUII will get a 2018 fourth quarter release.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

KratosMD

@Octane @Hego I haven't actually thought about the release window for Ghost of Tsushima. If that actually comes out, say in Q4 2018 then that would be a great sendoff for the year. That would definitely make it a better year than 2017 since we didn't really have a huge title (like Horizon or Persona) at the end of this year.

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Some may say GT Sport was the 'big' release at the end of the year and we did get Uncharted the Lost Legacy and Knack 2 as well. In the past few years though, Sony haven't tended to release a big game as such with Horizon:ZD, Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank and Infamous all arriving in the first half of the year.

It looks like God of War could well be 2018's 'big' game release in the first half, maybe supported by Spider-Man. However, it also looks like Sony could have 'big' games arriving late in the year too and if some don't make it, its not unfeasible that those will release as 2019's first half of the year releases.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Octane

@KratosMD Infamous was released almost four years ago. So late 2018 means they've had about four-and-a-half years time to develop the game (pre-production could've started ever earlier). It's not impossible. If it isn't 2018 (because Sony seems to avoid the holiday season), it's most likely an early 2019 game. Sony specifically said they waited with the reveal, because they didn't want to reveal the game too early. So I don't think we need to wait more than 18 months to play it.

Octane

Octane

@BAMozzy Days Gone is 2018 as well, and that isn't early 2018 AFAIK. Having both Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone may be a bit much for late 2018...

Octane

Tasuki

@Octane Ah ok. Well will still.be getting those since I miseed them on the Wii U. Besides I like having a series on one system, if possible. It's the biggest reason I am getting Mega Man 11 on the PS4.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Octane That was my point about Sony having 'big' games to release in the final half of the year...

Kidfried

It's frighteningly easy to come up with a list of 25 games that I really long to play in 2018. It's pretty much accross all platforms, although there's only one game among them that isn't releasing on PS4. That's how great 2018 is going to be for the PS4.

Some obvious games like Kingdom Hearts 3, Shenmue 3 and The Last of Us 2 among others I left out, because I highly doubt they'll make 2018.

25 Guacamelee 2
24 The Crew 2
23 Concrete Genie
22 Medievil
21 A Way Out
20 Soul Calibur 6
19 Knights and Bikes
18 Project Octopath (too bad, Switch)
17 Kingdom Come: Deliverance
16 Monster Hunter World
15 Yakuza 6
14 Donut County
13 Psychonauts 2
12 Dreams
11 Megaman 11
10 Days Gone
9 Onrush
8 Detroit: Become Human
7 Ni No Kuni II
6 Far Cry 5
5 God of War
4 Spider-Man
3 Red Dead Redemption 2
2 Shadow of the Colossus
1 Metal Gear Solid Survival (just kidding, I won't buy it!)

Next year is going to be... really good.

Edited on by Kidfried

Regard my dear
It's all downhill from here

Jorjk

9 games:
Ni no kuni 2
God of war
Spider man
Detroit become human
Dreams
Far cry 5
Days gone
Shadow of the colossus
Red dead redemption

So exciting 😍

@Kidfried wow thats a list

I can talk for hours about TLOU and Bloodborne
PSN: jorjk

ApostateMage

I'm looking forward to many games next year but mostly Red Dead Redemption 2 and Dragon Quest XI.

ApostateMage

Kidfried

@Jorjk I bought 22 games this year, so... 25 doesn't feel like that much anymore in these great years for gaming.

Regard my dear

Jorjk

@Kidfried wow! I bought 30+ games in 2014 when I first got the PS4, then learned which genres I liked. 2017 I bought 11 games and rented 10 games.
And I agree 2017 was a great year for gaming, with 2018 also shaping up to be special.

I can talk for hours about TLOU and Bloodborne
PSN: jorjk

leucocyte

as it currently stands:

shadow of the colossus
god of war
detroit : become human
days gone
dreams

the last of us 2 and ghost of tsushima will definitely be 2019 releases imo.

leucocyte

Kidfried

@Jorjk That's still a total of 21 games in a year, haha. I certainly would rent games, given that I am someone who hardly replays most game (ain't nobody got time for that).

Regard my dear

Th3solution

@Kidfried @Jorjk Yeah I counted and I’m in the same ballpark for purchases this year. Looks like about 16 PS4 and 6 Vita. Not counting the 6 games every month acquired via PS Plus. (6 x 12 = 72!)
For some reason, even though I’m very excited about RDR2, Detroit, Spiderman, and others, I feel like I’m going to buy fewer games in 2018. We’ll see, but I feel like the quality will be even better but not quite the quantity of titles for me to buy. But who knows, maybe I’m fooling myself. I’ll probably need to take out a loan by year’s end to get everything.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Kidfried

@Th3solution I know that probably won't happen to me. I still have a lot of 2017 stuff to catch up on. I bought a lot of games, but most of it were 2016 games. I still need to buy Nier, Persona, Lost Legacy and probably some others I've forgotten.

Regard my dear

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic