Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter World PS4

Posts 341 to 359 of 359

NecuVise

@KratosMD you could work as an influencer, you realize that? just reading your post makes me want to play it right now, but I'm intimidated by its length.

NecuVise

KratosMD

@NecuVise Haha thanks. I do agree with you though that the game seems to be rather long (around 50 hours according to HLTB) and this is the type of game where you really need to take your time with, which makes it potentially even longer. So that might be off-putting for a lot of people. But honestly, it depends on whether or not you'd be into this type of game. If you haven't played any games in this series before and you think it looks interesting, then it could probably hook you. Before you realise it you could be spending hours upon hours playing this game since it has such an addicting formula of collecting materials and constantly improving your character.

But if you're not completely sold on its gameplay loop, then I'd say hold off on getting it for now. The only reason why I decided to play this game is because I wanted to try out a new series that I haven't played much of. I've often found that trying out new games tend to lead me to discover my favourite games of all-time, strangely enough. MHW doesn't feel like that just yet, but I think I need to play it some more.

KratosMD

NecuVise

@KratosMD I played it in beta, but honestly I didn't understand it completely and I didn't invest enough time to grasp it. If I find the right price I'll probably jump in, but I already have several long games on my radar so that's why I'm hesitant on even one more. And regarding HLTB, I realized that it usually takes me about 20% more to complete games. Maybe I'm just not good enough

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise This is definitely a marmite game, I put 20 - 25 hours before getting totally bored of the main gameplay loop. Plus there were a few things that irked me, like not being able to save whilst out hunting. I realise that it is an online game, not once did I feel the need to co-op and it gives you the option to play solo... but with none of the benefits. It's a shame cos I was really enjoying it before I got fed up with it.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

I’m probably gonna get this tomorrow to play a certain friend, but I’m looking at the DLC and they charge to edit for character more than once and want $4 for a gesture... That’s low stuff man, that’s real low.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Jaz007

I got MH:W. I left it in character creation mode and I didn’t know I got cat to fight beside me! It’s so cute that they have the palicos in the game. I’m excited to play this.

andreoni79

@Jaz007 If you love cats, you'll love this game. I'm not gonna spoil you anything so the cutscenes with palicos involved in will be even cuter!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Jaz007

@andreoni79 I do, so I’m excited now.
So I have a question. I’m playing with a friend and we’re both fresh to MHW and want to play the story mission together (the first time we go through them), but our initial attempt was blocked by it saying I hadn’t “progressed far enough” or something like that to join the quest once he had posted it.
How can we play through the story missionss together?

Splat

@Jaz007 Anytime you encounter a new monster there is a cutscene. Intill both players have watched that cutscene you can't join. It's kind of a pain but it is what it is. You can start the quest by yourself and either back out after watching it or have them join as soon as you watched it.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

WanderingBullet

New trailer featuring Glavenus, Fulgur Anjanath and Ebony Odogaron!

Love how they're teasing new monsters at the end of some of the trailers.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/?cts=4ZRfNmji

Splat

I hope I remember how to play this when Iceborne comes out... My hammer is pretty dusty. I do have 350 hours under my belt tho.

Splat

I played a bit just to make sure I still knew what I was doing haha. I do indeed and it's still a great freaking game. I can't wait for Iceborne...

Splat

This game is hands down still my favorite co-op game this gen. I played a ton this weekend after taking a long break and there is just nothing like it.

Thrillho

@Splat Is that with randoms? I felt that a lot of the time when playing with others that it was more of a hindrance as people were so gung-ho and wasted lives, plus the monster's health scaled up so it was harder on two fronts.

I even found the double Nergigante battle easiest solo with my Palico buddies.

Thrillho

Splat

Thrillho wrote:

@Splat Is that with randoms? I felt that a lot of the time when playing with others that it was more of a hindrance as people were so gung-ho and wasted lives, plus the monster's health scaled up so it was harder on two fronts.

I even found the double Nergigante battle easiest solo with my Palico buddies.

Yeah, randoms. It does play out as you said sometimes but when you get in with a good group it's really special.

WanderingBullet

MHW: ICEBORNE Armors Montage:

I think you can mix and match both the Pukei-Pukei and Great Girros armors to make it look like Bloodborne's costume.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/?cts=4ZRfNmji

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic