Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter World PS4

Posts 321 to 340 of 393

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder I might be wrong but I thought the stuff on the end screen was from the final kill rather than the whole thing?

Also capture > kill every time

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Ah ok so the rest of the stuff goes straight into the item pouch? That makes sense. Thanks!

So I should capture beasts instead of killing them? I read something about that earlier, I'll have to look at that in more detail then.

Had a bit better time with it earlier. As I did a load of tracking last night, I was able to locate the beast really easily and keep up with it. Made the mistake last month of sharpening my blade when the beast ran off and could never find it again, even though I was following the tracks.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder I think so but I may be wrong. I generally found I got more loot from capturing which is pretty easy to do once you’ve got the ability to make shock traps and can grew the resources with the botanist.

You can also get more specific bits of loot from taking out specific body parts but also handicap the beast too. For instance, the various types of rathalos can normally have their tail taken off from continuous attacking (some weapons do this better than others). You have to carve them during battle to get the part but it also stops them being able to use their tail attacks.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Cheers fella. I think I've got some kind of trap but not the shock kind.

Yeah that is the one thing I have been doing right lol is looking at the foot prints and all that.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Damn it i feel like such a noob! Only just found out that you can forge new armour and weapons! I did wonder what I supposed to be doing with all the stuff I get from kills and looting bone piles. I've only been upgrading my weapon so far. Luckily I've only done about 3 main missions and it now means I've got 3 new armour sets to play around in.

I do like that you be fighting one beast and another one could turn up, and either start attacking either you irnthe beast I'm fighting. That T-Rex like monster has done this a few times, can't wait to take it on.

EDIT: So is it best to use just one weapon it or have a few on the go?

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder that's quite the oversight but the game does fail to explain just about anything!

I tended to have one main weapon and stick with it. Be careful balancing the weapon ability vs sharpness. The bone weapons look quite good but lack sharpness so aren't actually that great.

Sharpness info: https://gamerant.com/monster-hunter-world-sharpness-damage-ho...

EDIT: I also found that you didn't need to worry about the elemental damage most of the time. Yes, your fire weapon may be slightly weaker against a certain monster but it rarely made enough of a difference to me to have multiple elemental weapons.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I think I was used to playing Assassins Creed Origins, which notifies you when something is ready to craft. Cheers for info.

EDIT: Yeah been using a bone weapon as it has more damage than my other one. Will switch to another one.

WanderingBullet

Really curious to see what the Arch Tempered Zorah's fight is going to be like this weekend.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Thrillho

@KratosMD Yeah, like I said elsewhere, I had great fun too. The inter-monster fights are always cool... but not if they both turn on you!

What weapon have you gone for?

Thrillho

Thrillho

@KratosMD I also went with a straightforward weapon with the lance as I liked the defensive aspect of the shield but the long reach and particular ability to aim high with it were really useful. I just haven’t met anyone else who has gone with that!

I spent ages at the beginning of the game messing around with each weapon.

Thrillho

NecuVise

@KratosMD you could work as an influencer, you realize that? just reading your post makes me want to play it right now, but I'm intimidated by its length.

NecuVise

NecuVise

@KratosMD I played it in beta, but honestly I didn't understand it completely and I didn't invest enough time to grasp it. If I find the right price I'll probably jump in, but I already have several long games on my radar so that's why I'm hesitant on even one more. And regarding HLTB, I realized that it usually takes me about 20% more to complete games. Maybe I'm just not good enough

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise This is definitely a marmite game, I put 20 - 25 hours before getting totally bored of the main gameplay loop. Plus there were a few things that irked me, like not being able to save whilst out hunting. I realise that it is an online game, not once did I feel the need to co-op and it gives you the option to play solo... but with none of the benefits. It's a shame cos I was really enjoying it before I got fed up with it.

Jaz007

I’m probably gonna get this tomorrow to play a certain friend, but I’m looking at the DLC and they charge to edit for character more than once and want $4 for a gesture... That’s low stuff man, that’s real low.

Jaz007

Jaz007

I got MH:W. I left it in character creation mode and I didn’t know I got cat to fight beside me! It’s so cute that they have the palicos in the game. I’m excited to play this.

Jaz007

andreoni79

@Jaz007 If you love cats, you'll love this game. I'm not gonna spoil you anything so the cutscenes with palicos involved in will be even cuter!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Jaz007

@andreoni79 I do, so I’m excited now.
So I have a question. I’m playing with a friend and we’re both fresh to MHW and want to play the story mission together (the first time we go through them), but our initial attempt was blocked by it saying I hadn’t “progressed far enough” or something like that to join the quest once he had posted it.
How can we play through the story missionss together?

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.