Forums

Topic: Insomniac's Spiderman

Posts 181 to 200 of 254

Jevon

@themcnoisy Yeah @mrobinson91 spent the points on the gadgets aswell, but he coped out and just bought the Dlc to get some extra challenges, whereas my approach to games is so basic I rarely look into the different mechanics so I didn't really use the gadgets, and the suits were always my focus, I'm also conditioned to be paranoid about missables in games that i tend to stockpile any forms of currency in games until its the last thing I can do, I thought they struck a really good balance with the challenges that 2* was pretty easy, and the few i went for 3* on took a few practices but never felt out of reach.

This year I think Spider-man, then the Spyro trilogy and God of War have had the best lists that Ive played, although I enjoyed Farcry5 and Castlevania Requiem aswell (castlevania does have a couple of missables however).
For previous years my memory is a bit less clear, Nier:Automata stand out but its one of my all time favourite games and gives you the option to buy any of the trophies you dont like so I may have forgotten about any bad trophies, and I remember Horizon: Zero Dawn impressing me with its list

Jevon

PSN: JevonScholes

themcnoisy

@Jevon I've got both Nier Automata and God of War so will stick one of them on next. Thanks for the heads up mate.

Resogun is a good platinum and agreed on HZD.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

guess what was just added to the game @get2sammyb

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet not sure, i can't get to my PS4 right now

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo No worries... Just read PushSquare's article and it didn't mentioned anything about needing the Season Pass to get the suit.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Quintumply

The Raimi suit seems to be a freebie for all who own the game, you just need to install the latest patch

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

WebHead

@kyleforrester87 please don't say that. It is completely unhelpful and does notgong to inspire a player to get better and more likely makes them want to do so even less.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

FullbringIchigo

@WebHead i found the best bet is to ignore everybody else and take out the flyers first, jumping in the air makes it easier to target them, web zip to them with the triangle button and beat them senseless, don't give them a chance to attack you

but you better practise your dodging and air combat skills, try finding a random crime and only fight in the air

Splat

On the last DLC, they were like let's just give every enemy an RPG...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

FullbringIchigo

@Splat and a shield and a jet pack

Thrillho

I've been going with this for a week now and am having a great time, although the game plays to my gaming OCD tendencies as end up getting every collectible as soon as they're available so I've already done all masts, backpacks, landmarks, research stations (except one I can't do yet), black cat things, and now all pigeons.

I feel like I've hardly done any of the main missions though. I also only recently unlocked the fast travel and the loading screen the couple of times I've used it have made me laugh.

So far, I've found the electrified punch the most useful skill as it can be most useful against the bigger enemies. I love the swinging kick move a bit too much as well (especially when used to knock someone off a building).

Still plenty to go (hopefully) including all the DLC

Thrillho

shonenjump86

I just started Spider Man, enjoying it so far.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

Thrillho

I just started Act 3 last night and the change has been a bit jarring with so many enemies scattered around. Having to do Sable and Prisoner crimes in each area is a bit laborious though.

I wish they hadn't used the Rikers jailbreak as one of the main parts featured in all the previews though as it's a pretty cool moment but less so when you've seen it before..

I assume all the DLC is post-game stuff too?

Thrillho

Thrillho

Finished the main story today and thought act 3 was superb. The big fights were all good fun, especially the last one. Screw the hallucination section though (I think this was something someone bought up in the "gaming pet peeves" thread and they are almost always awful).

The ending was pretty strong too with quite an array of emotions in the different parts from May's death, to Miles and Peter on the ceiling together, and then Harry in the tank.

They did a great job of using so many of the villains and it was a really superb story in its own right rather than being a video game retelling of one of the films.

Now just all the DLC to play (which I didn't realise didn't download with the base game in the deluxe version so I'm sat waiting for it to do so whilst I type this).

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho the spoiler tag didn't work lol.

I loved Spiderman also. Great story and characters.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KALofKRYPTON

@Bliquid
JJJ's view is applicable to pretty much every superhero going to some extent. And speaking to collateral damage, that can also be true of most law enforcement.

As you move through the game you'll see how JJJ's ramblings become more obviously malicious.

Spider-Man isn't an anarchist.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@Bliquid
"And a door would open to the sky... Abominations created of cold intelligence would walk the planet, and the rebellion of evil would tear the world apart."

I mean er... Truth, Justice - all that stuff!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.