Forums

Topic: How Sony Should Book PlayStation Experience 2016

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

AdamNovice

Taking inspiration from YouTube channel WhatCulture WWE's show "How WWE Should Book" I thought it would be a fun idea to put a PlayStation spin on things ahead of PSX albeit in writing form as I don't have the means or charisma to do it in a video format.
This is largely a predictions/dream scenario of what Sony could do in the current gaming landscape. So as WhatCulture's Adam Blampied might say "Sony...do it better".

Now Sony have recently started their keynotes with big reveals (TLG and GoW at E3 and FFVII at last years PSX etc) and the same this time I would open with over ten minutes of gameplay of... Spiderman. Complete with full on webslinging through New York, combat and quest before ending with a showdown with a classic villain, say...Rhino.
Shawn Layden should then come on stage wearing a shirt that teasers an upcoming unannounced title, though this time with some subtley. The shirt would be a skyblue number that says...FEISAR! Yep...Wipeout.
Then among his "thank for been here" speech, he stresses that every gameplay demo shown "is running on a standard PS4" so it gets those doubts out of the way early. When then get the first ever look at the Crash Trilogy Remastered, which has it's title changed to The Crash Collection because of one extra addition... Crash Team Racing with full online multiplayer.
At this point we get to the what I call "best for business" section, where Sony's 3rd party marketing deals are shown. Destiny, CoD and Watch Dogs 2 DLC shown off, get them all out of the way early but it keeps the suits happy.
Then we come to the meet and bones of the whole keynote and what I feel Sony should do above all this year and that's more focus on 1st and close 2nd party studios, give them a platform so the community can put faces to just some of the people who are responsible for the great games they make and in return each studio will give out free "digital gifts" available only over PSX weekend. This then makes the show feel a lot more community focused.
I won't list every studio but the one's that most likely to be there.
We start with Naughty Dog who reveal the Uncharted 4 Single Player DLC which features Sam Drake and comes out early next year, their Digital Gift would be PSX themed outfits for Uncharted's multiplayer.
Next Media Molecule, with a new Dreams trailer with PSVR features and more focus on the gameplay aspects with a beta coming in January, their digital gift would be LittleBigPlanet 3 for free.
Next Housemarque show Matterfall and it's Resogun meets Outland, the digital gift been Alienation's season pass.
In between these studios we have reveals of several indie and 3rd party titles (one of them being Undertale) along with some small titles launching on the day. One of them been Drawn To Death.
Capcom then take the stage (possibly Yoshinoro Ono) and reveal Akuma in SFV who can be earned for free if you beat him in the long overdue arcade mode. Then a new Resident Evil trailer is shown before finishing that PS2 classics Onimusha 1-3 are available right now. Capcom then hand over to Bandai Namco (maybe a cringeworthy exchange between Ono and Harada?) Tekken 7 is shown, including it's VR mode. Quickly followed by Ace Combat 7 which is fully playable in VR before concluding with a teaser for an old IP that Bandai Namco felt was "tailored made for VR"...Time Crisis.
Right who's in da house? Andrew House!! (Sorry) At this point take a drink if he says "best place to play" now his announcement is pretty huge and pure fantasy on my part... a new PlayStation Network is coming! Starting next year a new service begins which holds up to the demands of modern gaming (and yes name changes) customers have 18 months to swap their account to the new service to ensure that all their content is saved. The cost will huge to Sony but I feel would pay off in the long run, the announcement also comes with a multi tiered Plus subscription with different pricing and perks.
Right on the home stretch, four games are shown. First a repeat of the Mass Effect Andromeda trailer from the game awards but with the rdveal of the Mass Effect Trilogy remaster. Secondly Warner Bros reveal Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor 2.
The penultimate title is a big one...first gameplay of Red Dead Redemption 2! And to finish Shuhei Yoshida finally is on stage at PSX, he expresses his delight about The Last Guardian's release before talking about another game "close to his heart" Bloodborne. A Pro patch is on the way along with a remaster of the game that started it all...Demon's Souls. He concludes with "one more thing" cut to black...on the screen... Japan Studio and FromSoftware...Bloodborne 2.
Andrew House then closes proceedings by saying "At Sony Interactive Entertainment we strive to make PlayStation the best place to play for gamers, for both past, present and future generations. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend" Cut to black... and right before the closing montage the screen flashes... PS5!!
After the show Sony reps will stress that PS5 is happening but Sony won't talk about it till late next year at the earliest. This ensures Sony can have as much time as needed but teasing it now means they will be part of the conversation when Switch and Scorpio are launched ahead of a possible March 2018 launch.
And that's how I think Sony should PlayStation Experience 2016. Thanks for reading, let me know what you would do.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

ThroughTheIris56

Not bad at all, though I wouldn't get Destiny, COD and Watch Dogs out of the way early. I'd just not include them at all. Ideally it would be just like E3 2016 where it was just game trailers/clips played consecutively with few interruptions. Ideally Japan Studio would give The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 last pushes and announce something new. It would also be interesting to see what Sucker Punch have been working on for all this time.

A revival of an old first party title like Medievil, Siren, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape or Parappa would be amazing. Even non first party games like Klonoa would be great.

Finally gameplay/trailers with release dates for announced games such as Dreams, God Of War 4 and Days Gone.

ThroughTheIris56

AdamNovice

@ThroughTheIris56: Can't argue with any of your points there, I mentioned the Destiny stuff because I was balancing between what Sony should do against what they will probably do. Sucker Punch are probably nearly due to announce something but I feel PSX has come too soon. My Wipeout prediction was kinda of a nod to a classic franchise and I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at Medievil and Sly Cooper etc. And yeah a bit of airtime for Gravity Rush 2 will go down well with me. And the only other game I can see Japan Studio announcing is probably Knack 2.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Gamer83

A return of Time Crisis? I wish...

Gamer83

AdamNovice

@Gamer83: It was either that or Ridge Racer so I chose my favourite

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Gamer83

@adf86: I wouldn't mind either one, the chances seem slim to none, although I guess VR would give Namco a good reason to go back to Ridge Racer.

Gamer83

johncalmc

Sizzle reel

Shuhei Yoshida walks on stage

"Hello everyone... I just have one thing to say... PaRappa the Rapper HD!"

Mic drops

Untitled

World agrees: Best conference ever.

Edited on by johncalmc

johncalmc

Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

G-Police VR announced.

One person goes wild (me).

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Nei

Nice plan! - and Wipeout nod/hope would be a dream!
About Akuma: that would be the best way to do it, but they are going to announce it after the Capcom Cup later that day. I also foresee someone from Tekken (Heihachi?) following Akuma back to his game. Ono/Harada goofy interaction is a given if they are both there XD

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

AdamNovice

@johncalmc Just played Parappa 2 a couple of months ago, loved it. Shame that I never played the first one.
@feena I suspect Capcom Cup is more likely. I also reckon they will prepare the game to be rerelease as Super SFV. I know they said they wouldn't but at this point they need to give the a new lease of life and sadly patches and updates won't bring back the more casual market. For me I just want to see it to continue to be supported.

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@adf86: Awesome! That PS5 ending though? I dont even have a pro yet.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

AdamNovice

@themcnoisy Lol, it's all but unlikely considering PSVR and Pro have just launched butI thought "hey, let's have a drop the mic moment" it's why I said if Sony were to tease such a thing they need to come out straight away and say it's not coming for a good long while. Thanks for reading mate.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

AdamNovice

Looks like Spiderman is skipping PSX, so it's buggered up my opener now

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Octane

''How Sony Should Book PlayStation Experience 2016?''

Like they just did.

Didn't expect Uncharted AND TLOU2 both to be there. That made my day!

Octane

themcnoisy

@adf86: Are you Shawn Layden?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

@adf86: you were right on a lot of stuff!

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

AdamNovice

@themcoisy Lol, I wish I had his money
@feena Thanks, I just try to make educational guesses. I knew things like new PlayStation Network and PS5 wasn't going to happen. I had hoped that Wipeout would return and since Shawn Layden did the Crash T-Shirt spot I figured he would so something similar but for me it was a toss up between Wipeout and Parappa. So chuffed I got that right, and for Sony to look back at these old IP's again.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Octane

What happened to Dreams though? Been a while since we've seen that game.

Octane

AdamNovice

@Octane: I think it's such a tricky to show. MM still live streams often for it and a beta was meant for this year but I think with this type of game there's bound to be a lot of treaking going.
Was hoping we would get more on Wild but nothing sadly. Providing that none of those games are in development hell then it shows how stocked PS4 will be in the next 2 and a bit years.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.