Forums

Topic: Horizon Zero Dawn

Posts 581 to 600 of 639

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I'm using the special armour you get just before the end game and that does make life a lot easier (possibly too easy?).

Traps are fun when you are on a planned hunt - I managed to take down a Thunderjaw almost to death with just a whole set of traps and wires. They are harder though if you are like me and continually blunder into massive battles without any pre-planning.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah, I used that armour too, but it felt like I was playing on easy. It's pretty OP, so I opted for one of the new sets. But it's a low level set, without any mods, pretty weak.

Octane

starhops

@Rudy_Manchego I've been playing NG+ on Ultra Hard, so all strategies on fight mechanics have been thrown out the window. HAHA! The simplest fights can turn nasty in an instant. I love it! So much more rewarding, though there are really bad spots to get caught in with adds and other machines lurking just close enough they spot you (which is really far off in this mode). I think it would be super tough if I didn't have the Shield-Weaver armor.

I haven't started Frozen Wilds yet. I burn through so many mats in the NG+ UH that I have been farming trying to upgrade my weapons. I'm going to try playing it on NG+ UH.

starhops

PSN: starhops

themcnoisy

Just wanted to say thanks everyone for posting your pics in the communities thread.

Some of them are mind blowing.

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocari...

PSN: mc_noisy

Splat

starhops wrote:

I haven't started Frozen Wilds yet. I burn through so many mats in the NG+ UH that I have been farming trying to upgrade my weapons. I'm going to try playing it on NG+ UH.

Good luck. Some of the new machines are brutal...

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

starhops

@themcnoisy Thanks for setting that up! I didn't take any new ones, so I just grabbed an oldie. I love what people have posted up. Amazing shots!

starhops

Rudy_Manchego

@starhops Wow, I am not sure I could handle NG+ but I might try it when finished The Frozen Giblets dlc.

I just love using tearblast arrows on the beasties. Sooo satisfying.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

starhops

@Rudy_Manchego I rediscovered how much fun that is since I have been replaying NG+! Haha so much fun. It's been tough playing FW on NG+ UH. The machines just don't want to die! Silly machines. With no health bar on them I have no idea what it takes to finish the gearguts. And resources are like water in the hands--never able to collect enough.

Overall, I am blown away at how beautiful FW is with the snow and landscapes. Night is gorgeous and really difficult to see when it's snowing hard.

Oh! I heard this today, "I broke another bow string. Why do I keep doing that?!" I think ever since Skyrim "arrow to the knee" internet sensation, developers try to come up with fun side comments. Love it.

starhops

Splat

It takes like all my supplies to bring down a Fireclaw.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Octane

So, I stumble upon a group of Watchers and Longlegs, ''easy!'' I say. While fighting them, a Scorcher crosses the battlefield. I retreat and without looking I walk straight into Frostclaw territory. And suddenly all of them were after me...

Good fight though.

Octane

starhops

That's what I love about this game... the random encounters. I probably wouldn't have survived that on NG+ UH! I'm struggling to get through For the Werak. No spoilers, but I bet you can guess which part. I've been stockpiling resources to fight the way I want... I didn't have what I needed when I went through it the first time. I'll tackle it again tonight better prepared. I'm trying to upgrade the weapons to the new ones, but they are so expensive and so far I only have one.

starhops

Octane

@starhops Is that the one where you have to help the three hunters? Or is it the main quest?

Octane

starhops

@Octane It's part of the main quest. I helped the three hunters... that was fun.

starhops

Octane

@starhops Haven't really progressed the main quest yet, I've completed all four objectives, and the next thing I need to do it talk to that one dude again. I guess the difficult part you're describing has yet to come!

Octane

starhops

@Octane If I can't get past it tonight, I'll have to farm for the upgraded weapons and get to level cap. I haven't regretted starting FW in NG+ UH... yet! haha

starhops

Octane

@starhops Were you talking about those three Frostclaws? Easy!

Octane

starhops

@Octane Haha, Yes. On NG+ UH, you turn into a two-hit sprite even with the SW armor.
They run and jump on you and you really don't survive that on NG+ UH. It's all run and kite with Rope Caster, but even that doesn't last very long especially as you only get two, maybe three hits at most when they are roped down. I've had one down twice, but then got caught in the environment and smash-brothered into the rocks. But I've stock-piled my resources with Blaze and Wire to try again (I didn't have much when I first started the quest) so I will be kiting with Rope Caster and using the Blast Sling. It's the only strategy I've discovered that is the most effective.
I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back to the game, as life is in my way for a few days. I haven't tried it again yet. If you are finding the game easy, I suggest changing the difficulty. It can be a lot more fun, imo. Then ramp it up on NG+ UH and really have some fun!

starhops

Octane

@starhops I'm not going to do UH lol, never! I'm fine with a bit of difficulty, but it shouldn't become tedious. But yes, those Frostclaws hit hard, no matter what difficulty you play on.

Octane

starhops

@Octane I understand! Maybe it's all the Bloodborne I played that I'm a sucker for difficulty. And these fights in HZD:TFW can come pretty close to the intense battles in Bloodborne: The Old Hunters. Hopefully I won't find them tedious. If so, I'll just restart on a lesser difficulty, but that does require a restart and new save.

starhops

Kidfried

@starhops Great impressions on Ultra Hard and Frozen Wilds, both of which I still need to start with.

I think of doing a NG+ on Ultra Hard and then maybe play Frozen Wilds again on normal, so I can just enjoy the story in a more laidback way. You really hyped me up for New Game + though.

Regard my dear
It's all downhill from here

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic