Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 581 to 600 of 787

Kidfried

@themcnoisy I did the challenge getting two crates from the backs of the crawlers. I think I just used the tearblast shotgun @Octane mentioned. I just hit the box, so it fell off, without actually killing the monsters in the process. I remember it was an awkward endeavor altogether.

I searched for a good video and found one! Only difference is I used the tearblaster. I got hit about as often as the Aloy in this vid.

@themcnoisy You can continue the story anyway you like. You can't continue the game after you finish it, but you can always return to the save file right before you start the final mission. Don't sweat it, the game will notify you before the final moment.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@belmont thanks for replying bit thats not quite right, a patch changed the trial. I thought i was doing something wrong and ended up reading a thread on the alteration. There used to be 3 boxes on the ground in 2 seperate locations with 8 boxes in the trial altogether including the boxes on the shell walkers backs. Now theres 1 on the floor in 2 locations and 3 boxes already on the shell walkers backs meaning only 5 possible boxes and you have to attack the shell walkers.

@starhops @Octane @Kidfried Thanks for the tips. I wrote the original post when I was pretty frustrated. I then immediately went back on and smashed it and the platinum. Woo woo. I used tearblast arrows and a good slice of luck. The whole scene goes mental with like 9/10 enemies trying to kill you, so you need to get lucky with picking up the stuff in the boxes before you are whacked. Which is way harder than it sounds.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

@themcnoisy Don't worry though, the hunting grounds get more difficult in the DLC!

Octane

themcnoisy

@Octane Brilliant game, but the dlc can wait for sure. I spent 54 hours grabbing the plat. So made up I never used a guide bar the grazer dummies, the crab trial and to find the location of 1 battery for the suit. I was buzzing when the all allies trophy popped!

But yeah Im done with Horizon. My second favourite game this year.

The last mission and ending are amazing.

Octane

Yeah, 54 is pretty short. Around 90 hours for me, 110-120 if you include the DLC.

Octane

themcnoisy

Id visited everywhere and watched all the cut scenes. Tbf I binned off trials and concentrated on collectibles initially until I was more powered up. Once I realised bonfires are fast travel points I rallied around the map to find locations on a charger. The last 10 or so hours all the missions or sub games were easy to get to as they were all opened up and I was more powerful.

starhops

@themcnoisy Hot damn! Congrats. Yeah, I used the tearblast arrows and just beat them into submission to get what Aloy needed haha. I also found I was pretty powerful on the levels when I started to push through the main campaign. The bandit camps were a walk in the park.

Since this is your second GOTY, what's your first?

I'm on a little break from the DLC and NG+ UH. I've been caught up playing SWBF II with some friends. It's limited, but having fun with friends it what it's all about for me. I'm sure I'll get back to H:ZD and TFW in a couple weeks.

starhops

PSN: starhops

themcnoisy

@starhops Yakuza zero. Theres nothing like it. But be warned its very Japanese.

Tasuki

Just picked this game up on the Black Friday sale. Looking forward to starting it soon. Any tips for a new player?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Everything @KratosMD said. This game has loot boxes- the kind you don't actually pay for . Every new merchant will offer you a free sample box, so make sure to pick those up.
Resource management is vital. Buying materials is very expensive so try and scavenge as much as possible. Also kill the wildlife, whenever convenient (the fish in the river are easy to miss and offer vital resources). Their skin/bones can be used to craft satchel/pouch upgrades.
Hope you enjoy it!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@Tasuki I second what @Fight_Teza_Fight said, kill any wildlife you see and hoard their bones and skins, you need those for the pouch upgrades. You don't need a lot of them, but it's a bit annoying if you have to hunt down a specific animal for an upgrade. And as always, if you're looking for that turkey, you can't find it, and when you, they only give you meat and no bones or skin. Just make sure you have a handful of each just in case you want to upgrade something.

Other than that, git gud.

Octane

starhops

@Tasuki In the skills, I'd go for Silent Strike, Silent Drop, Hunter Reflexes, and Lure Call. Very useful in helping clear out the "adds" before you take on the tougher machines. Plus the Ammo Crafter comes in handy to save resources later on. One of my favorites later on is the Quiet Sprint and Knock Down.

Enjoy! Keep us posted. A nice group here to ask for assistance or share experiences.

starhops

PSN: starhops

Kidfried

@Tasuki Great choice, man. I have only one important piece of advice (and I am surprised to not have seen this mentioned before): upgrade your inventory as early as possible. Even at its biggest size, it's still quite a hassle to make sure you're not overloaded.

Kidfried

BAMozzy

Digital Foundry's tech analysis of the Frozen Wilds and the Decima engine

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Mega-Gazz

@Tasuki fights can either be trivial or hard depending on prep. Even a Thunderjaw fight can be really easy if you go in with a good plan and prep. If you just charge in and treat it like a souls boss it’ll be hard... but you can do some impressive combos and overkill .... like dropping 12 tripwires on top of each other then pulling with cold arrows/sling...

If you get to the point of having to dodge/run/etc then you’ve already messed up (which will happen).

The rope caster is also really good to reset a fight by pulling the enemy down and effectively stunning it, letting you quickly get back in control.

Because I’m patient enough to prep for every fight and be strategic, I found that all the fights in the game were fairly trivial, and would recommend higher difficulty to start... but other people found it harder so it depends on your style I guess.

Mega-Gazz

Rudy_Manchego

Right O - finally nearly at the end of getting 100% on The Frozen bits DLC. Just got, I think, 2 more scorchers to kill and 3 more fireclaws - unless I am missing anything. Managed to do all the hunting ones and get the sun or whatever. That last one ate up a lot of my resources.

Hoping tonight with a fair wind I might finish it all off tonight.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego There's a bug that prevents you from getting all the special coils. The eleventh coil is missing, but I believe they're working on a fix.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane What coils? Dammit - what have I missed? Was just looking at the trophy list!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego I you do to your menu, there's a progression screen, and it gives you a percentage. Mine's at 98.something% because I'm missing the last coil. I got the plat for the main game, and my in-game progression was somewhere in the 80s. Getting all the Shadow Carja gear is part of you completion I believe, but you don't get a trophy for that.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.