Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 561 to 580 of 787

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Octane @starhops Here I thought I was well good at video games playing on 'very hard'. I assume both of you are playing on Pro's?
I ask, because that Frostclaw fight was a slideshow on my PS4. Lasted for a good 30sec until I manged to take one out.
Legitimately the only performance issue I had with the game since launch.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

starhops

@Fight_Teza_Fight I'm playing on my OG PS4. I've seen a lag out only once and that was in the fight I mention in an earlier post. But it snapped right back and didn't lag again. I replayed that sequence at least 8-10 times and only had the one lag. It is surprising how well the game plays with such lovely graphics. I recommend NG+ Ultra Hard at some point if you enjoy the challenge. So far, it's been a blast!

@kyleforrester87 If you don't mind me asking, what TV do you have since I'm shopping.

starhops

PSN: starhops

kyleforrester87

@starhops ks7000 55 inch

https://www.whathifi.com/samsung/ue55ks7000/review

Seeing it at £829 on one site right now which is a pretty great price. Only thing to watch out for on this one is the legs are quite wide so you'll need a long stand. KS8000 has a centre stand and almost the same panel. These are the EU model names I believe the US ones are different.

I'm not the most clued up with TVs but it reviewed well as you can see and I'm very happy with it. Good bang for your buck. Hope that helps, let us know what you end up with

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just beat The Frozen Wilds! Not as strong as the main campaign, but still very enjoyable.
Took me 18 hours to fully explore 'The Cut' and finish all the quests (those Fireclaws!!!), bringing my total playtime up to 84 hours.
Payed my respects to Rost and finally deleted the game.

Things I would like to see from a sequel:

-Stat bonuses on outfits need amending. Some of the outfits are pretty cool, but I would think most playing are just using the shield weaver outfit. Outfit stats completely depended on mods would be better imo. I only used like 2-3 outfits as the rest simply didn't fit my playstyle.

-Underwater fights. I believe the only (semi) water-based enemy is the Snapmaw. Would be pretty cool if Aloy tries to fight off Robo-Sharks with a spear gun as she makes her way to an underwater Cauldron.

-Don't cut down the number of machines. HZD machine/monster catalog is pretty diverse and contains a decent number of enemy types. Unless the sequel is set in a different region/country/continent they should keep adding to it & even then I would like to see more enemy types. Like previously mentioned, more water types would be nice.

It's been a fun ride . Doesn't beat out Persona 5 as my personal GOTY, but it was very, very close.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

Ikrie's Challenge...

At least I did it. But that took some thinking with the limited resources you have.

Octane

Octane

So I'm doing the Frozen Wilds cauldron, and my teammates won't move anymore. I'm stuck. I need Aratak to open the last ''corrupted door'' for me, but he won't move. I activated the bridge and they should be moving across it. Anyone know how to fix this?

Octane

Wesker

I’m still playing the base game of this. The story is good and the combat is absolutely fantastic, but holy hell am I bored with some open world tropes. I do not give a toss about cookie cutter side missions, opening up the map, taking over bases or searching for collectibles. Big thumbs up for the emergent combat scenarios though. I think this game does that better than any other.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

kyleforrester87

@Wesker Pretty much agree with that, what Horizon does well it does really well (Graphics, Combat are both brilliant)... I think Aloy is awesome too. The side quests are not too bad, some of them, anyway. But following way points around gets old just like many other RPGs. I'm looking forward to playing Zelda since I understand you're left to find your own direction and stumble across objectives and secrets naturally. I like the idea of that...

kyleforrester87

Wesker

@kyleforrester87 Some people say Zelda overcame a lot of those same old problems just as HZD got released... I really like HZD anyway, but when they keep putting main quests far away and loads of boring side content in between, it gets me down a bit. I don’t want to find someone’s lost antique sword for 1000exp while i’m on a personal quest of discovery and saving the world at the same time, which i’m really invested in.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

kyleforrester87

@Octane Yeah I know, same with games like Witcher and Skyrim.. but I always feel like the game has been designed around the player having way points enabled, so by disabling them I might occasionally cause myself great frustration. Something like Zelda on the other hand has been designed without those in mind..

kyleforrester87

Octane

@kyleforrester87 True.

But after playing Zelda, I don't mind way points that much. I've been thinking about it and I think it's difficult to design a game like Horizon or Skyrim around no way points. It's possible in Zelda, but the side quests, well, aren't very deep and/or meaningful. Most of them are boil down to ''get me x amount of this item'', fetch quests that can function without way points.

Even the ''main'' quests are all optional as a result, and the game lacks any sort of character progression, or progression in general I feel.

If that's the trade off, I prefer way points. I can always turn them off when I'm the mood for a bit of exploration.

Octane

Ralizah

As you adventure across Hyrule in BotW, you gain access to more consistently powerful weapons, upgrade armor sets, gain additional abilities after each of the divine beasts and grow your HP and stamina gauges as you discover and conquer various shrines. So there is plenty of character progression throughout the game. It just doesn't link your character's mobility entirely to his toolset and then dole said tools out gradually over the course of the game like in previous Zeldas.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Octane Did you sort your issue with the Cauldron? It's the recycling area, right? If memory serves right, you have to go all the way around, get to higher ground using the switches that go up and down and the gears. Then you grab onto one of those containers that pass over you and catch a ride. Look below you and jump off just as you get over the platform that would connect you and your teammates. Open up the bridge and they should join you. If not, you may have to restart the checkpoint.

On the discussion of open-world burnout...
I too am exhausted. It actually deters me from a game. The Witcher 3 despite being fantastic was just too much for me. Horizon and FFXV are manageable open-world games, they are the ideal size for me.
The Lost Legacy with it's semi-open world structure was probably the one I enjoyed exploring the most.
Having said that I'm about to start Skyrim VR, so maybe I'm really not exhausted, but I'm looking for more unique experiences .

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Octane

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yeah, I managed to fix it. I traveled back to the last checkpoint and walked back, which was surprisingly short thanks to all the shortcuts. Don't know what the issue was! But re-spawning solved it.

The final fight was absolutely brutal (and I'm not even playing on the highest difficulty). The post-game of the DLC (I love that this is a thing now) sounds pretty neat too, I'm definitely in for a few more fights, and I think I'm going to do those later today. There was a surprising amount of lore at the end too, which makes this feel a lot more like Horizon 2 than regular DLC. I wonder how much all of this is going to impact the sequel...

Octane

themcnoisy

2 questions folks;

Im almost at the end and cant get a blazing sun on the crab loot trial. The videos online are useless as they are prepatch and have 3 loot boxes on the floor, I could only wish for that right now as theres only 1 on the floor and the other crabs all have loot boxes on their backs. Honestly didnt think I could hate loot boxes anymore! Lol.

1) is there a good way to do this trial post patch?

2) can i finish the story then mop this up?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

belmont

@themcnoisy If I recall correctly there are many loot boxes but if you make any kind of sound they get them on their back. You just have to perfectly copy those videos. Those trials gave me a lot of hard time.

belmont

starhops

@themcnoisy Hmmm, I think I snuck to one and then just use my explosive bow to pop the boxes off. It's been awhile though.

starhops

PSN: starhops

Octane

@themcnoisy I believe there are at least two crates lying about. Not sure what the time limit is, but I found that a fully upgraded Blast Slinger with standard explosives does wonders late game, maybe it works in this trial as well?

There's also a tear-blast shotgun weapon that may be useful in this challenge. I'm certain it can dismantle those Shellwalkers within seconds.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.