Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 541 to 560 of 787

Splat

starhops wrote:

I haven't started Frozen Wilds yet. I burn through so many mats in the NG+ UH that I have been farming trying to upgrade my weapons. I'm going to try playing it on NG+ UH.

Good luck. Some of the new machines are brutal...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

starhops

@themcnoisy Thanks for setting that up! I didn't take any new ones, so I just grabbed an oldie. I love what people have posted up. Amazing shots!

starhops

PSN: starhops

Rudy_Manchego

@starhops Wow, I am not sure I could handle NG+ but I might try it when finished The Frozen Giblets dlc.

I just love using tearblast arrows on the beasties. Sooo satisfying.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

starhops

@Rudy_Manchego I rediscovered how much fun that is since I have been replaying NG+! Haha so much fun. It's been tough playing FW on NG+ UH. The machines just don't want to die! Silly machines. With no health bar on them I have no idea what it takes to finish the gearguts. And resources are like water in the hands--never able to collect enough.

Overall, I am blown away at how beautiful FW is with the snow and landscapes. Night is gorgeous and really difficult to see when it's snowing hard.

Oh! I heard this today, "I broke another bow string. Why do I keep doing that?!" I think ever since Skyrim "arrow to the knee" internet sensation, developers try to come up with fun side comments. Love it.

starhops

Splat

It takes like all my supplies to bring down a Fireclaw.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Octane

So, I stumble upon a group of Watchers and Longlegs, ''easy!'' I say. While fighting them, a Scorcher crosses the battlefield. I retreat and without looking I walk straight into Frostclaw territory. And suddenly all of them were after me...

Good fight though.

Octane

starhops

That's what I love about this game... the random encounters. I probably wouldn't have survived that on NG+ UH! I'm struggling to get through For the Werak. No spoilers, but I bet you can guess which part. I've been stockpiling resources to fight the way I want... I didn't have what I needed when I went through it the first time. I'll tackle it again tonight better prepared. I'm trying to upgrade the weapons to the new ones, but they are so expensive and so far I only have one.

starhops

Octane

@starhops Is that the one where you have to help the three hunters? Or is it the main quest?

Octane

starhops

@Octane It's part of the main quest. I helped the three hunters... that was fun.

starhops

Octane

@starhops Haven't really progressed the main quest yet, I've completed all four objectives, and the next thing I need to do it talk to that one dude again. I guess the difficult part you're describing has yet to come!

Octane

starhops

@Octane If I can't get past it tonight, I'll have to farm for the upgraded weapons and get to level cap. I haven't regretted starting FW in NG+ UH... yet! haha

starhops

Octane

@starhops Were you talking about those three Frostclaws? Easy!

Octane

starhops

@Octane Haha, Yes. On NG+ UH, you turn into a two-hit sprite even with the SW armor.
They run and jump on you and you really don't survive that on NG+ UH. It's all run and kite with Rope Caster, but even that doesn't last very long especially as you only get two, maybe three hits at most when they are roped down. I've had one down twice, but then got caught in the environment and smash-brothered into the rocks. But I've stock-piled my resources with Blaze and Wire to try again (I didn't have much when I first started the quest) so I will be kiting with Rope Caster and using the Blast Sling. It's the only strategy I've discovered that is the most effective.
I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back to the game, as life is in my way for a few days. I haven't tried it again yet. If you are finding the game easy, I suggest changing the difficulty. It can be a lot more fun, imo. Then ramp it up on NG+ UH and really have some fun!

starhops

Octane

@starhops I'm not going to do UH lol, never! I'm fine with a bit of difficulty, but it shouldn't become tedious. But yes, those Frostclaws hit hard, no matter what difficulty you play on.

Octane

starhops

@Octane I understand! Maybe it's all the Bloodborne I played that I'm a sucker for difficulty. And these fights in HZD:TFW can come pretty close to the intense battles in Bloodborne: The Old Hunters. Hopefully I won't find them tedious. If so, I'll just restart on a lesser difficulty, but that does require a restart and new save.

starhops

Kidfried

@starhops Great impressions on Ultra Hard and Frozen Wilds, both of which I still need to start with.

I think of doing a NG+ on Ultra Hard and then maybe play Frozen Wilds again on normal, so I can just enjoy the story in a more laidback way. You really hyped me up for New Game + though.

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

Pretty jealous of you guys playing Frozen Wilds but I've just got too much on my gaming plate to get this right now. I thought I would grab it for Christmas but I'm looking at Zelda now. Could still squeeze it in before, perhaps.

One things for sure I'll be trying it on the harder difficulties. As good as the combat is, on normal you can fall into a rut with your tactics.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

starhops

@Kidfried Hey, thanks! I've really been enjoying it. I went back to the main story for awhile on my NG+ UH adventure to level up and collect more resources. I'm confident with the right resources and strategy, the Frozen Wilds will be challenging, but doable. And if I can upgrade my bows to the new ones, that might help quite a bit. In NG+, you get "Adept" versions with an extra socket but they are wicked expensive (7K-14.5K shards and some machine hearts). The Frozen Wilds has 3 additional bows with different resources to purchase. I think they are better and worth getting. I really don't see myself farming 100K shards though... but 21K I can do.

starhops

starhops

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I found the tactics really change at greater difficulty. When you get Frozen Wilds, let us know what you think. I've really enjoyed it and the visuals are even more stunning. I have also been eyeing Zelda, but I think I'd rather invest in a new 4K HDR TV / PS4 Pro. I'm still playing on a 24" BenQ gaming monitor. haha

starhops

kyleforrester87

@starhops Yeah I know graphics arnt everything but Horizon is just wow. I was fortunate to enjoy the base game on a Pro with a 4K HDR10 set. Highly recommended!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.