Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 521 to 540 of 787

Octane

Got killed by a Snapmaw in a single hit... They're not messing around in this expansion!

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

@themcnoisy This reminded me to join the Push Square community!
Got mine in. Had 198 to choose from!

The new hunting ground trials in the Frozen Wilds sure are hard. I didn't struggle much with them in the main game, but I've just been getting bronze(s). Think I'll tackle them proper once I've completed the campaign and just ignore them for now.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

AdamNovice

One problem I've found with the expansion is that there's no way to upgrade your weapon and outfit satchel which since I want to own every weapon and outfit means I can't get the new stuff.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Splat

Scorcher's don't play... I'm a level 50+ with great gear and they still can be a handful.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

SoulChimera

Sorry, I posted this in the review but I think everyone had left the thread by then. I've emailed PlayStation Support twice now and left a post on the blog but got no response from either.

Can anyone help?

I preordered this months ago and it automatically downloaded the other day so it would be ready for the 7th. However when I tried to start it today (Thursday 9th), it says it can't start until release day (can't remember the exact wording but it's something like that). Anyone got any ideas?

Edited on by SoulChimera

SoulChimera

Fight_Teza_Fight

@SoulChimera Try fulling shutting down the PS4 & then rebooting it. The Frozen Wilds is an add-on so it might not be 'registered'.
I've had a similar issue with the Gravity Rush 2 story DLC.
Never realised as I always keep my PS4 in rest mode.

If that doesn't work try downloading it to your PS4 from a PC.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

starhops

@SoulChimera Or you can also try to Restore Licenses in your Account Settings. That's fixed stuff like this for me. Though it never did for Bloodborne the Old Hunters. I had to restart a game from scratch to access it so hopefully it will work for you. You might try deleting HZD and then redownloading everything.

starhops

PSN: starhops

SoulChimera

@Fight_Teza_Fight Thanks, I've tried shutting down a few times. @starhops had a look at the licenses too.

I'll try the redownloading option. Really annoying.

Thanks for the advice.

Edited on by SoulChimera

SoulChimera

Splat

I just finished the expansion and really enjoyed it. It's DLC done right... Hands down my GOTY.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

AdamNovice

The Youtube channel NoClip (that does gaming documentaries) has revealed that next month Horizon will be their next project. This follows on from their 4 parter on The Witcher series. Really good channel with good insight into the games and devs so looking forward to this one.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Ypmud

Dunno other people's view on this game but its a tour de force for a gaming house that I felt were lacking hugely with previous outings (Killzone) HZD is by a long way a brilliant game I agree with @adf86 its a game that has all the fat cut away so you can purely enjoy the game the way them crazy dutch boys and girls wanted you to enjoy it.
By a long way game of the year and up there as game of this generation (with The Last Guardian and Infamous and Destiny although destiny isnt able to break the top 3 at all)

I personally think there isn't a first party release that can touch this game at the moment just because its one of the greatest games of all time in my humble opinion.

Ypmud

PSN: ypmud

Rudy_Manchego

So I booted this up and put my other games on hold because I couldn't wait anymore and darn I forgot how much I loved this game. The combat is so meaty and fun and the world just so beautiful. I sat up late playing which is something I haven't done since the UC:Lost Legacy. I'm only a few hours into it and I intend to do everything.

The new corrupted beasties are pretty tough. What's peoples preferred weapon combos? I feel my skills are rusty or my reliance on bows aren't working as well. Probably need to experiment with different weapons.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah, relying on your bow alone doesn't work with strong enemies. I usually set a lot of traps, like a few dozen, and I use the sticky bombs and tear arrows a lot. The new machines are pretty though, despite the fact that I'm at least 15 levels higher than them.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Yeah, my old tactic was traps, tear blast and then target arrows to knock their giblets off but just seems to be harder then it used to for even smaller enemies. Of course, it has been nearly 7 months since I last had a go so it could be I need to git gud. Any good new weapons?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego There are a few new weapons, I've seen two so far. But I'm not a big fan. Very much the ''shotgun'' of this game, except they're way too slow for all the fast moving enemies. They also use a lot of ammo in a short amount of time.

Using traps feels a bit like cheating, because you can fell a boss within seconds if you place them correctly, but the enemies hit hard, so it's either that or dying for me. Although, I do have to say that I'm using a cheap Banuk armour set, since I liked the way it looked, and it feels weird walking around in a Carja set in the middle of a blizzard.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I'm using the special armour you get just before the end game and that does make life a lot easier (possibly too easy?).

Traps are fun when you are on a planned hunt - I managed to take down a Thunderjaw almost to death with just a whole set of traps and wires. They are harder though if you are like me and continually blunder into massive battles without any pre-planning.

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah, I used that armour too, but it felt like I was playing on easy. It's pretty OP, so I opted for one of the new sets. But it's a low level set, without any mods, pretty weak.

Octane

starhops

@Rudy_Manchego I've been playing NG+ on Ultra Hard, so all strategies on fight mechanics have been thrown out the window. HAHA! The simplest fights can turn nasty in an instant. I love it! So much more rewarding, though there are really bad spots to get caught in with adds and other machines lurking just close enough they spot you (which is really far off in this mode). I think it would be super tough if I didn't have the Shield-Weaver armor.

I haven't started Frozen Wilds yet. I burn through so many mats in the NG+ UH that I have been farming trying to upgrade my weapons. I'm going to try playing it on NG+ UH.

starhops

PSN: starhops

themcnoisy

Just wanted to say thanks everyone for posting your pics in the communities thread.

Some of them are mind blowing.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.