Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 461 to 480 of 787

Throb

Is it true that if you platinum the game you get a code for a special theme? I got the plat for this on 5th April but have had no code? Is there anything else that I need to do?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

BAMozzy

@Rudy_Manchego I would love some DLC - especially if it can live up to the Witcher 3's DLC. I admit that Hearts of Stone, whilst good, had a few issues linking to continuity following on from completing the main game. I know that like Horizon, it dropped back to just before the final 'end' mission but some aspects leading up to that final mission, some that resolved quite a long time before, didn't make sense to me. I think Horizon should be OK in that as very few dialogues actually made any difference. The only difference seemed to stem from whether or not you did the side quests and trying not to go into spoilers, could have had a minor impact in that 'end' mission. Blood and Wine opened up a new area and had its own separate political climate. As such, it didn't matter whether you sided with Radovid, Dijkstra or Roche/Ves - something I found grating in Hearts of Stone - especially considering that most of it took place in Oxenfurt and [spolier]the only one alive is who you side with if you do that quest and as I sided with Roche/Ves, hearing 'Long live Radovid' all the time in Oxenfurt who was killed long ago was very odd[/spoiler]. Blood and Wine though was able to be quite separated from the politics of everything that came before but still able to tie in a few aspects from my main playthrough. A line of dialogue or two, a change to the epilogue - all of which was very much appreciated.

SP DLC is difficult, especially in these type of games. Building a new area takes a lot of work and accessing it from the main game can't feel like it was 'cut' for the purpose. Putting it into the same area can be difficult too without changing the world too much - even adding a new 'Robot' affects things like where did it come from considering I explored there before. That also goes for Side Quests and/or those giving them - why are they giving them now? Where does it fit into the main game? Same with new weapons/gear too - especially if they are 'better' which could change the way a GotY player may experience the game, the ending etc If they get the 'better' weapons before the final mission (after all the game does roll back to that point), will that make the final mission a lot less challenging? What you don't want is some 'meaningless' side quests and/or side story tacked into the existing frame work and world just for the sake of it. Yes it's great to have a reason to revisit but ideally I want something more akin to Blood and Wine.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

@Throb I got my code around 5-6weeks after I got the Platinum. I didn't do anything, just received an email with the code. Never use the Theme as its really boring, static and plain. It just has a platinum logo by the name with a picture of Aloy at the top and picture of all the robots (all bar one) in a line at the bottom. Its nice they did that, but it would be nicer if it was Dynamic and felt 'special' but the Dynamic theme from the collectors edition is far nicer.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Rudy_Manchego

@BAMozzy True - it can be hard and they don't want to tread on any toes from a story perspective for any sequel ideas.

I, personally, would love a new area with storyline and a few new beasties. That though, would be a lot of work but, I think, other devs do it (TW3, TLOU:Left Behind, even Far Cry).

I would be happy though, with perhaps adding a new story within the existing world with perhaps just a few more beasts. As long as it is not just a bunch of fetch quests and a bad story, I am sure they would do well. I think there are a few places the story could go as an 'epilogue' rather than a whole new story arc.

@Throb I got the Platinum at the end of March and still haven't received anything. Either there is a big backlog or it was limited.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

starhops

I have yet to see the Platinum email. People mentioned you have to make sure your profile allows for promotional emails. I did that and still nothing. If it comes, cool. I use the dynamic one I received for preorder. It's really nice!

Bring on a DLC! @BAMozzy Spot on with The Witcher 3 DLCs. I felt pretty much the same and I enjoyed them both, but Blood & Wine felt more fun with the new area to explore.

starhops

PSN: starhops

Splat

I want some new content for this game so bad...

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

BAMozzy

@Tasuki I think it would be too early to announce a sequel - DLC maybe. I doubt a sequel would take as long to make as most of the assets can be re-used. It took 18months to get the Thunderjaw created although the other robots took less time but that shows how much work it took to get their first robot working - not that they would neep tp rebuild it in a sequel but if they wanted to increase the rosta, as well as write, storyboard, record all the vocals, mocap and animate, build a new area because I doubt they would keep it all in that particular part of the world (no spoilers) - move to nearby part rather than a different continent if they keep Aloy (which I feel they will after how well received she was). They are also recruiting people to work on Side Quests - whether that's writing or crafting them in - which could be for DLC before the Sequel.

Point is, at most I think DLC and possible sequel kept for next year at the earliest...

Kogorn733

I have this game but haven't had time to start it yet. Summer has been crazy and the time I have had for gaming has been spent making my way through P4 Golden.

Edited on by Kogorn733

Kogorn733

BAMozzy

Splat

I can't freaking wait to jump back into this amazing world.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

kyleforrester87

Finally completed it tonight Was all a bit confusing as I had a 2-3 month break so gunna read a wiki just to make sense of it all lol.

Looking forward to the DLC!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

starhops

I'm looking forward to more Aloy.
@kyleforrester87 Congrats! I've thought about replaying, but I would enjoy a NG+ instead.

Edited on by starhops

starhops

PSN: starhops

Zander1992

Accidentally made a new thread but here were my thoughts after beating the game today : I beat the game 15min ago ...just wow. This has to be one of the greatest games I ever been able to play . I do not play games for story but I can appreciate a good story when I encounter it ( The last of Us) . Between the gameplay and story this was an amazing adventure . I really hope it's in the running for GOTY.

Recently went all digital...

PSN: Portofan92

Octane

I just hope the DLC will be even better.

How many new machines do you guys think there are going to be? 2 or 3? Maybe more? I'd like to see some more weapon variety too. Maybe a cool Banuk war bow that has an added ice effect. Everything was either Nora, Carja, or Shadow Carja, and since this new DLC focuses on the Banuk tribe, I think we may get another weapon class.

Octane

Quintumply

Sorry for the bump, but I recently finished the main story. Once it got into the final stretch and the explosion of exposition, I was basically glued to the game until the credits were rolling. Not sure about anyone else, but I found the audio/text diaries fascinating to listen to/read. It's become a bit of a cliché method of storytelling, but it makes sense in the context of Horizon's world, so I can forgive it. So glad to finally have some answers!

I've still got loads of side quests to complete, collectibles to find etc... Is it worth doing all that stuff? I'm level 42, I think, so I'm wondering whether I try and reach the level cap before the DLC comes out. Are there any side quests you guys found particularly good that I should look out for?

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@Quintumply Hmm, if you have already completed the story, not sure how much the side quests will do much. A lot are about introducing characters that come into play in the final few missions I think.

That said, I just enjoyed encountering all the various enemies and working towards the Plat. It isn't that tough a platinum, basically collect everything, see everything and beat the hunter challenges.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@Quintumply There were way too many audio diaries toward the end of Horizon IMO. I don't mind that kind of stuff in games and I'm quite happy for the pace to drop but, for me, it made the ending laborious where it should have been exciting and action packed.

As far as the end game goes, if you love the world no doubt it's worth doing. I did a few bits but I've put it on ice now until closer to the DLC release.

Great game overall though!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

@Quintumply Definitely do the Hunter's Lodge quest, it has a special boss fight at the end and you get some of the better in-game rewards.

The audio diaries were OK. I agree with Kyle, there were too many near the end. I also wish they queued up or something, just so I didn't have to wait for each one to finish so I could continue. And there were some glitches with story dialogue playing over the audio diaries...

Octane

BAMozzy

@Quintumply As the game basically throws you back to the end of the penultimate story mission, its maybe worth doing all the side quests and then redoing the final mission (if you want to get a few more trophies - inc the Platinum). There are some missions - like the Hunter trials that are not 'important' but are good fun, can be tricky too but you do get some decent rewards if you complete them all. The collectables and clearing of corrupted zones are more for trophies than anything else although some of the collectables (like the lookout points) do offer a bit of 'history' of the area. All the diaries and Audio Logs are not required for any trophy so you can collect these if you want. the ones in the main mission at least offer a bit more depth to the story and the past. The character based missions though are relatively important - especially if you want the platinum trophy and worth doing before completing the final mission (again in your case). Some of these does affect and change 'some' of that final mission. I did everything, hunted down every collectable (apart from audio logs, diaries etc) before I embarked on that final mission so I got the Platinum on completion. I really didn't find it a 'slog' as I was having a LOT of fun fighting Robot Dinosaurs along the way...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.