Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 441 to 460 of 787

ApostateMage

I threw my usual stealth tactics out the window for that shell walker challenge. I was being attacked from every angle but remained sorely focused on just the shells. Fast and furious.

ApostateMage

Rudy_Manchego

@Throb Really? No way? It wasn't that easy with them! Thanks for the heads up, sorry if I've misinfomed anyone.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Throb

@Rudy_Manchego From Guerilla Games, after patch 1.12 "To get back to you on this one: There used to be two zones with three crates per zone, as you saw in the YouTube video's. Now there are two zones with one crate per zone and the remaining crates have to be detached from Shell Walkers who are walking around with them on their backs – You can detach their crates by aiming for the crate holders. The trial was rebalanced this way to encourage you to use Stealth tactics, staying out of sight should help you to complete the trial. I hope this clarifies things"

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

Octane

I wish I had done that challenge sooner in that case.

Octane

Throb

@Octane If you've got the special armour, it's not too bad. Just scan them before you drop down and just bombard them, then leg it!

starhops

@Octane They can be tough and some take different strategies. I was like @ApostateMage for the shell walkers. I stealthed the first loot then just ran shooting terablast and dodging the enemies. The melee knock-down trait is very helpful to give you space. I think I struggled the most on the logpile one until I figured out their pathing. I used the terablast to spook the stampede into running where I wanted.

That's what I love about this game, you can come up with multiple creative ways to accomplish tasks and takedowns. I might replay it on the hardest difficulty. If they ever come out with NG+, I would enjoy that a lot!

starhops

PSN: starhops

Octane

@starhops Yeah, I'm going to try those challenges again someday. I completed all three of the first two challenges and did the last one with the Thunderjaw; no problem either. It's the one with the Glinthawks and the Shell-Walkers that are driving me nuts. Going to take a break and probably try again tomorrow. I do want to finish all of them before I wrap up the story.

Octane

starhops

@Octane Ugh! The Glinthawks / watcher loot was a pain too. I think I ran counterclockwise and once I realized they will land and ruin your loot, I was able to shoot at them to keep them off the "carcasses." I think I looted the first one and as I ran to the far carcass for the second one, I would shoot the middle one to prevent it from landing. All the while dodging like a mad woman from their frost blasts. Just jump off the top of the pillars as you don't take much damage.

The tie down part was easy enough if you don't kill it and keep tying it down.

One tip I used: once I knew I was going to fail, I would reload from the checkpoint. I saved bunch of time as you start right back up top before the trial began and you just have to slide down to start the timer again. Good luck and keep us posted!

starhops

fuzzy833

I think I'm one or two missions from the end - what an engrossing story! Takes a lot to bring a tear to my eye but Aloy is just phenomenal.

Add to that the stunning visuals, silky smooth performance and near perfect combat and wow what a game. Honestly one of the best I've ever played.

fuzzy833

BAMozzy

The Glinthawks one - where you have to loot before the time runs out, I did first time. I went to the left first, climbed up the cliff and as soon as I looted, just jumped straight off (took the hit in health) but sprinted straight to the next one on a rock pillar, looted that and jumped off again and sprinted to the next - didn't bother getting involved in combat and just focused purely on looting - after all that's what the challenge stated. I may have been 'fortunate' with the Shell walker one - in that I beat the game in the first week so had no problem with those.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

Finally done with all the hunting grounds. Some took longer than I expected. Killing the Stalkers was easy and it was the first one I did, but I hadn't tried that one before either. Managed to rambo myself through those Shell-Walkers, and it worked! That tearblaster you get from the Redmaw was quite useful in that situation, more so than the tear arrows. It was also useful for the Trampler challenge, did that one on my first try as well. The Glinthawk challenge was by far the most frustrating. Dealing with three Tramplers, and all those Glinthawks, whilst trying to aim for them was a pain in the arse. And waiting for the critical hit prompt to show up didn't help either! But alas, I completed them all. All that's left are the last few story missions.

Octane

starhops

@Octane Congratulations! That's why we play. The feeling of accomplishment is wonderful.

starhops

Octane

One last question before I tackle the final mission... Warm socks!?

Octane

Throb

Octane wrote:

One last question before I tackle the final mission... Warm socks!?

It's some sort of Death Stranding easter egg, you would have collected some other objects like Stranded Shackles and sold them on?

Octane

@Throb I got the easter egg. The stranded objects are the easter eggs, I just don't understand the reward, is that an easter egg too?

Octane

Throb

@Octane I don't think anyone understands the reward at this point, we'll have to wait until Death Stranding is released

Octane

@Throb I'll get back to this thread in 10 years then

Octane

BAMozzy

A showreel of some of the wonderful animation of the Robots which showcases their movement and behaviours without the distraction of the beautiful environments this game has.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Rudy_Manchego

@BAMozzy Really cool - I so want a DLC announcement (which I rarely care for) as I just want to spend more time in the world.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.