Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 421 to 440 of 787

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane That is pretty great. I feel like they got the marketing right as well as dealings with the press. They knew they had a great game and just let people see it for how great it was. For a new IP and an exclusive those are great numbers.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

belmont

I was thinking of buying this game in the next days. Can someone that played on a old PS4 comment on the performance of the game and fps?

belmont

Octane

@belmont As smooth as butter! 30fps all the way and I haven't noticed a single drop. It's impressive, considering all the fact-paced action and all the AI on screen at times.

Octane

Octane

I don't need any spoilers, but I found my way up King's Peak... a small cutscene started playing. Feels like this location is important, but I'm not very far into the story yet, should I be here?

Octane

starhops

@belmont It's pretty remarkable that there are no loading screens (unless you fast travel) in this game. I only had it give a brief flash of load screen twice that I can remember when I was roaming the land otherwise it's all seamless.

starhops

PSN: starhops

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Is this where you have a Stormbird? I think I went there early in the story to collect something but don't worry, the game won't let you get any further then you are supposed to have storywise.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@starhops I also found that the only time my PS4 started to make some real fan noise was on the map screen for some reason. Not sure if anyone else had that?

Throb

@Octane There is a story mission way later in the game near there but it won't trigger unless you've done previous parts. There is a vantage point near there? But I wouldn't worry, the game won't let you go further than you can

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah, I defeated the Storm Bird and Aloy made a comment about the location. I assumed it was story related, so I turned around and went back. Good to know they don't trigger when you don't have the quest yet.

Octane

starhops

I miss taking down machines! I love using a bow and all the fun tactical ways to take down all the various machines. This game still calls to me and I've been "finished" with the story and Platinum for weeks.

I'm hungry for more and I'm happy to know they are working on a DLC. I might go back and replay on a harder difficulty. But first, I'm slugging through ME:A.

/goes back to sipping her coffee/

starhops

PSN: starhops

BAMozzy

Very interesting interview with Neil Druckmann (Naughty Dog) Interviewing Hermen Hulst (Guerrilla Games) about this Horizon, its development, creation of Aloy etc... Well worth watching!!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

nathanSF

So Yesterday, much to my disappointment, I finished Horizon: Zero Dawn. A great final battle followed by a touching moment and - of course - the set up to Horizon: Zero Dawn II.
Now I wait for the next game to drag me away from the keyboard. - Any suggestions?

IwriteSci-Fi

Twitter:

Octane

Some of those hunter challenges are just impossible...

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane My tips for hunter challenges are to have the Shadow weapons for the different challenges.

I found it helped to change the outfit for some of them and the modifications. For example, the stealth hunter challenges are easier if you get the stealth suit modded out. I also find it easier to tag enemies before plunging in.

In truth, I did a few challenges and then waited until near the end of the story mission and mopped them all up as I was sufficiently beefed.

I struggled on a few then realised I was not doing it properly, for example, there was one when I had to tie down one of the big cattle type ones. I spent ages until I realised that I had to tie down until the little icon was filled up to show it was actually tied to the floor. Then did it Blazing Sun first time!

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego I have got all the shadow weapons. I'm also wrapping up the story, so I want to finish the remaining challenges. However, some are just way too difficult. Looting four shell-walkers in only one minute and fifteen seconds!? In an area littered with watchers and stalkers... You need a lot of luck to finish those I guess...

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane No they are tough (the air was blue when playing a few!!!). On the shell walker one it took me ages to realise that their containers are not on their back but in two seperate stashes. You can sneak to one and then the other. They only pick them up if you get spotted. I also found the stealth watcher one tough but that one was half luck and half learning their routes. I tagged them before sliding down then followed them about. It took me some time to get full marks on all of them.

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Ah thanks! I think that'll help. I've seen some laying on the ground, but I didn't realise they don't carry them when they haven't spotted you. I hope the other challenges are easier. I did the level 30 one first, assuming it was the most difficult one, but I had no problems at all. It's the lower level challenges that are actually difficult.

Octane

F-racsO

@Octane @Rudy_Manchego I also found the shell walker challenge very difficult. I know there were some containers laying on the ground but the one minute time limit just wasn't enough for me to try to go in stealthy. In the end, I said forget about being stealthy and went in guns blazing, shooting tearblast arrows at their containers and looting them while I had a bunch of watchers and stalkers coming at me. Make sure you have some health potions though.

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

Throb

@Rudy_Manchego I believe they took the two stashes out on the last update, to make the task a bit more challenging. But if you just find some shellwalkers and just bombard them until the containers fall off, it shouldn't be too tricky

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.