Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 401 to 420 of 787

BAMozzy

@roe Its OK, just very static and not as good as the limited edition one in that respect. I know the limited edition one is still a 'static' image that 'scrolls' and the only animated bit is the Logo, but it also has the audio and therefore I prefer to use that instead. I guess if you don't have the Limited Edition one, its not bad, but I still prefer to use animated themes myself and would use one of the other ones I have over the Platinum Horizon one. I can take a photo in game that looks better than the Platinum artwork - although I know it wouldn't contain all the robots like the bottom artwork.

I really expected more but I guess its still a nice gesture.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

roe

For those of you that have finished the game, did you collect all the datapoints? I've done all of the main collectibles but there just seems to be loads of datapoints that I've missed. I haven't always been exploring all of the ruins fully so I guess that's why I'm missing many.

Hope this doesn't contribute to the platinum as it might be a pain having to go back through every area searching for them.

roe

stupidget

Just finished it this morning. I think it's up there with ESO, The Last of Us, Uncharted and Everybody'd go to the rapture for enjoyment for me. I loved the story, the visuals are stunning and I thought the characters came across as very 'real', even with some odd lip synching every now and then

It's probably going to be one of the very few games that I continue playing even though I've completed the main story.

stupidget

Rudy_Manchego

@roe No, doesn't add to the platinum, just extra story info!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

BAMozzy

@roe I missed 1 in the 'story' missions and missing lots of the data points from the wild. Fortunately these are not essential to the platinum at all...

I do think its a shame that GG hid most of these in some random and often obscure places as all they do is add some 'depth' to the game and represent the 'old' world life so it seems a shame to hide them away. It would be great if you could see where they are on the Map a glowing 'dot' or something. Maybe not on the 'main' map but if you switch to a specific view, one that hides all the other icons, these dots are shown. Pull the left trigger and you get the 'focus; map which just shows data point locations.

It would give me a 'reason' to play again after completion, a reason to just wander around and kill stuff. I know I don't 'need' a reason as such but its hard to be motivated when my inventory is full, I have more shards than I can possibly spend, every 'Purple' weapon and armour and of course, all the trophies too so no missions, quests or objectives to chase...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

starhops

I really like my limited edition Horizon theme. I love the concept art that scrolls through. I usually have the music off in my themes so I haven't been listening to this one. I personally don't like a lot of movement on themes as I find them very distracting when using the UI.

Is this a common occurrence for platinums? I only have a couple so curious if developers do this. If not, I think that's pretty awesome and wish more would give out themes for platinum.

starhops

PSN: starhops

starhops

@Simon_Fitzgerald Oh, I wish you wouldn't have told me that... I still need to run all the chalice dungeons for the platinum. Looks like more Bloodborne in my near future! LOL

Perhaps it's a Sony thing? Does Uncharted have one too?

starhops

johncalmc

Did Horizon give out a theme for the platinum? I got it and I don't remember ever getting a theme.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Octane

Is there a way to buy multiple items at once by the way? It's pretty annoying when I want to buy 50 wire and have to purchase them all individually.

Octane

starhops

@Octane Make sure you're on the latest version. Patch 1.14 is the latest and in patch 1.10 they "Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants."

starhops

Octane

@starhops Yeah, I literally discovered that after I posted this comment... I don't think you can actually select an amount, it just speeds up the process a bit.

Octane

starhops

@Octane It does seem odd that you can select quantities to sell, but not purchase. It's really the same basic interface. I had finished the game prior to the patch, so I never used the update. lol

starhops

Octane

@starhops Yep, that's why I thought I was missing something.. I'm nowhere hear finished, and I'd love a sequel, but man, there's some work to do in terms of UI and menus.

Octane

banacheck

johncalmc wrote:

Did Horizon give out a theme for the platinum? I got it and I don't remember ever getting a theme.

Yes you should have a e-mail from Sony basically saying well done for getting the platinum for Horizon, with a code for the Theme at the bottom of the e-mail.

banacheck

Splat

johncalmc wrote:

I have heard it takes awhile to get the email. I got the Plat about two weeks ago and still nothing.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

roe

Just finished the game with 100% completion and the platinum trophy. Wow. Don't want to go into spoilers for anyone but I will say that the final chapter has to be up there in terms of being memorable and one of the best endings to a game I've played.

To think I was on the fence about whether this would be "my kind of thing". What a bloody superb game!

roe

Throb

Got my platinum yesterday, one of the most satisfying to date. A completely awesome and incredible game!

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

EdmundAtkins

Horizon Zero Dawn is Guerrilla Games’ best effort, one of the PS4’s greatest games, and the best game ever crafted from the ground up for the platform. It combines a gripping narrative with intense action that blends both fast-paced combat with slower-paced, tense stealth sections perfectly. Everything about their vision for this game clicks into place and is accentuated by a stellar presentation. The game features top-shelf graphical work, a unique and enjoyable soundtrack, alongside a fantastic cast to make an unforgettable experience.

EdmundAtkins

Octane

Horizon sold an estimated 1.83 million (physical) copies according to VGChartz during its opening week. Meaning it outsold games like Knack, Until Dawn, and The Order in a matter of days. Opening sales for Uncharted 4 were around 2.2 million. Pretty close! That's crazy for a new IP.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/267845/horizon-zero-dawn-sell...

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.