Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 181 to 200 of 787

kyleforrester87

@Octane They are kind of tough, but I suppose getting killed several times on a boss on hard mode is to be expected.. I suppose more time spent grinding XP, using your elemental abilities and buffing your weapons/armour accordingly will help. Or just git gud and brute force your way through

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

finalstan

I've got it, played a bit, they made it easy to fall in love with this game, haven't they?

finalstan

PSN: Ezofil

Mega-Gazz

I'm playing on normal, but tempted to restart on hard... but I dunno it doesn't seem like it needed to be more difficult than it is.

Mega-Gazz

kyleforrester87

What's with the fast weather changes in this game? Sunny...sunny....sunny....RAINRAINRAINRAINSUN...sunny....NIGHT.

kyleforrester87

Octane

I like Mr. Tallnecks. He was the only one that didn't want to straight up murder me when I approached him, so I spent about 10 minutes riding him and watching the environments. Good times.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yeah night time is a bit odd, but I suppose it seems a bit science fictiony which is fine by me.. To be honest the futuristic aspects of this game are the most interesting bits to me. I like the ruins with the futuristic door controls..hope they build on this more and more.

kyleforrester87

Splat

My only complaint really is the bandits voice acting. I'm really loving the game other than that.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

ChasinTheTrane

I can't wait to play this soon, but it's gonna be kind of weird having to choose between Horizon and Zelda on my Wii U.

ChasinTheTrane

BAMozzy

I feel that I have barely scratched the surface of this game so far yet I am already at Level 16 - all that hunting and not being able to leave a group of Dino's alone... LOL. I don't want to say what part of the Story I am currently at as I don't want to give any spoilers so I will just say what Level I have reached. As far as 'skills' go, I have favoured more of the 'stealth' set and the foraging - more resources from each. Also upgraded my resource bag to max and my quiver too. Silent Strike is definitely the most useful skill for those starting out...

I'm still in the bottom right of the Map - I haven't opened up anything on the left yet and that still feels large enough. It may not be the 'biggest' map in a game but it is still large richly populated with things to do/resources etc.

I have been playing in 4k HDR favouring 'resolution' and so far, I haven't really noticed any 'significant' drops in performance and the game is simply stunning!!!

The story is engaging and I really want to see how everything fits together. Side quests haven't been bad either - so far only one 'fetch' quest - the first I came across. Others have had an 'element' of 'fetch' to them as part of it but it was more of a multi-stage quest than a simple go and fetch and on return, complete the mission. Of course I am still a long way from finishing 'everything' the game offers to be able to give a final verdict, but so far I am loving the game - much better than I was expecting and my Hype was high. I am more 'engaged' in the world, the story and loving the game-play much more than Uncharted 4 (and that was Game of 2016). I know its going to have a tough time winning GotY with Zelda out but its certainly worthy of that accolade - Maybe would have had it released last year...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

I've got Silent Strike first and then went all in on foraging. The ability to disassemble traps and especially mods is just too useful to pass.

Octane

Splat

I love how sometimes a machine will charge you and miss and get tripped up and fall. It's a small thing but it's pretty cool. I also had a Watcher charge me and miss and hit a tree and it smashed in to pieces.

The attention to detail in this game is awesome.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

carlos82

Started playing at midnight on launch but due to work and a 3 month old baby I'm only a few hours in. So far though this game is everything I could have hoped for and more, it's easily the best looking game I've ever played and is superb in 4K HDR and super smooth, surely now developers can have no excuse for choppy framerates. The story and voice acting is much better than expected, oh and the combat is so much fun and I haven't even come across the larger beasts yet, from what I've seen so far Aloy should be here to stay.

@kyleforrester87 I here you about the weather, I don't know how they've simulated a typical British day so well 😃

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Octane

@KratosMD The Bellowback.. Fighting that thing was a pain in the arse. In the end I used the paralysing tripwire to get him down, strike him for a critical hit, and quickly place another tripwire under him, so that he would immediately trip again when he tries to get up. Repeat a couple of times and you're done. Not sure it is the ''right'' way, but I couldn't find out how to defeat him any other way.

Octane

BAMozzy

Personally the Shellwalkers are annoying me at the moment...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Lurker

Got my hands on Horizon today and played it for an hour or so. Love how they really made an attempt to establish the main character early on.

One question though, right when I got to control grown-up Alloy and met with her foster father I had a wierd moment when the day and night cycle went crazy and it went day to night and back to day in like a minute or so, what the hell? is that normal?

Lurker

Octane

@KratosMD Yeah, they do resist fire, according to the notebook. They're weak against ice, but I don't have any ice arrows yet either.

It's weird, because I often think that I shouldn't encouter some enemies yet, but when the game forces me to defeat one in a level 10 quest or something, then I guess they're just very hard. I appreciate the difficulty though. Even Watchers can give me a hard time and I'm currently level 17.

Octane

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 I'm sure I saw sunshine once 😉

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

carlos82

@Mega-Gazz yeah I'm sure it was, could've been a reflection thinking about it

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.