Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 161 to 180 of 787

finalstan

@BAMozzy Yes, yes, that's what I did, so it may be the steelbook that's caused the 'delay' since they need to (?) add it to the order. It's showing as dispatching soon with today's date, and tomorrow's delivery so fingers crossed.

finalstan

PSN: Ezofil

Mega-Gazz

When y'all do start... put your first point into the skill that lets you hit r1 for a stealth kill. Wow it's OP . Not only do you kill w/o being seen or getting hit, but it seems to reliably attract exactly one friend to investigate, whom you can also stealth kill. Soon a whole herd is broken at your feet.

Mega-Gazz

BAMozzy

@finalstan That's different to the 'Limited Edition' that I ordered. Maybe they are waiting on stock of the separate Steelbook to send it out in one package and that stock is due in today. I would have though that if you ordered just the game, you should have received it today as I am sure they have that in stock in sufficient supply to dispatch in time for release day.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

It should arrive in an hour or two. I won't be home tonight, so I'm glad if I can squeeze two or three hours gameplay in. Maybe later tonight when I'm back home, going to be a long night in that case.

Octane

Splat

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Had a lil go on me lunch. Graphics are a bit good aint they?

They really are. This has become the PS4 Pro flagship game IMO. That said I have heard it look's pretty good on the vanilla PS4 as well.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yeah the soundtrack has stuck out to me already, if its similar throughout it'll keep me more than interested even if the gameplay drops.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

Played for an hour or so, and loving it so far! I just finished the introduction chapter, or what I think is supposed to be the introduction. I'll get back to it later tonight.

Visually it's absolutely stunning though. It takes a bit of fiddling around with the controls to get used to everything; crafting, scanning and the likes. A minor nitpick so far is that the run button is the left stick. Moving and clicking the left stick at the same time feels a bit weird..

Octane

F-racsO

@KratosMD I agree about this game being very emotional. I'm not that far in (about 3 hours) but I'm already hooked by the story. I felt so sad for young Aloy during the prologue. I can already tell this is going to be an amazing ride.

I'd be playing right now but I'm stuck at work. Being an adult sucks sometimes!

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

finalstan

My game is still not shipped, I contacted Amazon as I don't think I will be getting it tomorrow, appalling service. I've also got Nier and Persona 5 on preorder with them, so might cancel that and find it elsewhere, any reliable retailers in the UK you can recommend?

finalstan

Mergatro1d

@finalstan Shopto.net tend to have good prices and delivered horizon yesterday. Sorry you're still having to wait. It'll be worth it, promise!

Mergatro1d

PSN: mergatro1d

Rudy_Manchego

I got mine installed late last night. Only played through most of the prologue so going to get a few quality hours in tonight, however on my new TV, this game looks and sounds amazing. The world is so vibrant. Initial hype met so far, now on to the actual gameplay!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

finalstan

Right, I woke up this morning to a notification that the game will be delivered today. I think they just had a lag between passing it onto the carrier and logging for notification. Either way, I may start playing tonight!

finalstan

kyleforrester87

I'm about 4 hours in, it's better than I'd have hoped but I still look at the world map and shudder. Will I ever complete this or will it sit alongside the likes of Witcher, Skyrim, Dragon Age etc..? Guess it depends how compelling the story is. Seems good so far.

kyleforrester87

Octane

@kyleforrester87 The map doesn't seem that big though! Just two days ago, I played a bit of the Witcher 3, completing the last couple of side quests in Toussaint. Anyway, when I booted up HZD, I was relieved to see that the map was a lot more compact. From what I can tell, it's not that big.

Octane

Octane

@KratosMD Indeed, I always prefer content over map size, but I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

By the way, does anyone know if there are miss-able side-quests or items like in TW3?

Octane

Splat

I have see some people knock the combat but I find it pretty satisfying myself.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

kyleforrester87

@Splat Yeah combat is fine. I turned aim assist off, which makes it pretty hard hitting weak points but I can't stand the idea of autoaims/aim assists generally. We'll see how tough it gets, though..

kyleforrester87

Octane

Is it just me or are some of the early boss fight very difficult? Granted, I play on hard, but I often loose several times before I finally beat them, especially that Corrupted fight. Or am I just missing something?

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.