Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 141 to 160 of 787

Rudy_Manchego

@BAMozzy; Thanks for putting on the list. I agree with KratosMD, this sounds like an interesting set of trophies. I was worried there would be a difficulty based trophy and I didn't want to start on the wrong difficulty (unless levelling up to the max is only possible for higher difficulties).

I like these kind of trophies as they seem within reach but will still make me explore and do almost everything. I'll have to keep an eye on whether some of them require certain reactions or actions to get. If so, I might not plat on first playthrough as I like to choose my own way where possible.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

BAMozzy

@Rudy_Manchego I think some will require you to do a certain side mission for tribes to get them on side - whether that requires a certain reaction or not, I don't know. I like to do all side missions - or at least as many as I can before entering the Point of no Return so I hope that I can get all the Trophies to Platinum it.

Talking of Difficulty, it seems that the harder difficulty only increases enemy health whilst making their attacks stronger - not changing AI or their awareness. I am just glad there isn't a trophy for beat the game on super hard difficulty that's only unlocked after beating the game on Hard or beat the game on 'new game+' meaning you have to play the game at least twice...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

@KratosMD The game is like any other open world game in that if you don't have the required skill, level and or weapons then coming up against a giant mechanised dinosaur with a variety of weaponry and attacks is likely to result in Death - especially if you go in for a full frontal attack rather than set your traps, utilise stealth and try to use its own weaponry against it. Even late in the game, these are not something to tackle without strategy and knowing when to back off/run. However you can still tackle these when 'under level' if you have enough material to craft enough ammo and don't mind slowly chipping away at their health or can use its own weaponry. Trouble is there is often more than one 'beast'...

I don't know if the difficulty can be changed on the fly or whether you get better rewards, more XP or some other bonus for playing on a harder difficulty. Will resources be more difficulty to find too? If it just alters the game-play but doesn't change the availability of resources or XP earned, then I may stick with Normal...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

finalstan

@BAMozzy Good point, not enough games reward harder difficulties with better loot, make the frustrations worth it!

finalstan

PSN: Ezofil

Rudy_Manchego

@BAMozzy Multiple playthrough trophies on open world games always mean I won't try for them. I'm like you, I like to do all side-missions and bits and bobs to squeeze the last drop out. I won't want to do it again right after.

I think I'm just going to play it, see how it goes and try to explore and do everything. I might check if when I play through if there are decision points (if I can get it without spoilers) but I prefer to play with my own reactions/decisions.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Splat

This is why I bought a Pro. It look's freaking amazing in 4K...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Mergatro1d

My copy arrived today but I'm stuck working at home and have only managed to sneak in the first 30 minutes. The one thing I can say is that on a 4k hdr tv it looks simply stunning. Can't wait for my wife to got to bed later!

Mergatro1d

PSN: mergatro1d

Splat

I'm all ready six hours in haha. It would be more if it wasn't for this thing called work. I really didn't want to stop.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Gamer83

8 hours in, really enjoying it and I haven't even scratched the surface. Big fan of stealth and that mechanic in this game seems to be very well done, at least from what I've played to this point. Also starting to get the hang of taking on bigger machines, the combat is very different from most action-RPGs I play but very satisfying.

Gamer83

Rudy_Manchego

@finalstan I only got my Amazon Prime despatch email before 2pm so there is still hope! I would defo email if you don't get a confirmation on it.

finalstan

@Rudy_Manchego I will. I have received the preorder bonus, though, and they need to add the steelbook to my order as well. They better.

finalstan

F-racsO

I just got the email from Amazon saying my copy is waiting for me in my mailbox. However, I'm stuck at work until 5:00 pm.

I will have to start a fight with my wife so she goes to bed early and I can have the TV all to myself.

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

finalstan

@Rudy_Manchego The game is still not posted; to be fair to them, they did say 2 March for delivery on my pre-order, probably to manage my expectations, I've only made it recently and they probably fulfilled those who were waiting the longest and knew would be behind. I'll get mad if I don't get it tomorrow, though. Today is kind of fine, I wouldn't have time to play in the evening anyway.

finalstan

Rudy_Manchego

@finalstan Ah right - I think I pre-ordered end of January so must have made it. Apparently being delivered to my work today. Hopefully not after I leave the office. Also realised I'd promised to meet a friend after work for a movie so going to be even later till I get this bad boy installed and running.

kyleforrester87

My copies on the way, I'm really neutral about it. Frankly it's the best way to experience a game like this I reckon!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

I pre-ordered the Limited Edition version back in June 2016 and received a dispatch notification yesterday although I did receive notification that the order was being prepared for dispatch a few days before.

I would be very annoyed if a standard version wasn't dispatched to reach me on time - regardless of whether I pre-ordered 8 months or just a few days ago. I am sure companies receive ample stock in time to be prepared to send them out for the day of release. I can understand that maybe Limited editions may well be on a first come, first served basis but as far as I am aware, Horizon sold out on its stock a while ago. If a company didn't receive as many copies as they were expecting, then I can understand that they may need to contact the last orders to tell those customers that they can't fulfil their pre-order but there really shouldn't be an issue with standard orders to ensure these are dispatched on time. Maybe its the additional steelbook that's the delay...

finalstan

@BAMozzy That's the one I went for, with the steelbook. I'm not panicking yet, one day hardly makes a difference (to me). I am hyped but not that much but I have training in the evening and wouldn't really be able to play tonight anyway; maybe see the intro and save for the first time, that's it.

finalstan

BAMozzy

@finalstan It seemed like you went for the 'standard' edition and added a separate Steelbook to the order based on your post (#168) - not the Limited Edition that comes with the Steelbook, Artbook and a few extra DLC items on top of the pre-order bonus items.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.