Forums

Topic: Horizon: Zero: Dawn

Posts 101 to 120 of 787

WanderingBullet

Any idea if Amazon.com is offering the Aloy "Sackgirl" Keyring as a pre-order bonus?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

BAMozzy

@WanderingBullet To be honest, that's the first I have heard of any 'keyring' being offered as a pre-order bonus. I ended up pre-ordering from Game as it's the only place in the UK to offer the Limited Edition version. The only pre-order bonuses I have head of are the 'Nora' bonus DLC items.

Untitled

Nora Machines Trapper Pack - Even the most experienced Nora hunter never goes into the wild unprepared. This pack includes modifications to increase the accuracy and damage of your weapon, and add elemental resistances to your outfit. It also contains crafting resources to ensure you are well-stocked with arrows, traps or mines to overcome the Machines you encounter.

1 weapon modification
1 outfit modification
Ammo crafting resource pack
Trap crafting resource pack

Nora Longshot bow - Nora train from an early age with the bow and are deadeye shots. This Nora hunting weapon was carefully crafted as a gift to those with the swiftest and surest of aims. The improved accuracy it offers will pay off in the wild, where every arrow is precious. An extra modification slot allows you to tailor the weapon to your personal play style.

Nora Lookout Outfit - A unique outfit, fashioned from the animals and Machines of the Nora tribe’s Sacred Land. The Nora are renowned for their skill on the hunt and fierce defense of their borders. This outfit’s effective camouflage increases your chance to trail prey undetected. An extra modification slot allows you to tailor it to your personal play style.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RenanKJ

I finally bought a PS4 today! =)

Granted, it's still gonna take 9 days to get here, but that's just in time for Horizon, hehe. I'm really hyped for this game.

RenanKJ

PSN: rkummer

Fight_Teza_Fight

Will there be a season pass?
If there is I'll go digital, if not its physical.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Octane Thanks, thought as much. Wasn't sure if I missed anything. Physical it is!

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

BAMozzy

@Fight_Teza_Fight I thought that this game wasn't getting any DLC - at least nothing planned yet - so certainly won't require a Season Pass. Maybe they will offer DLC at a later point. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't add any extra content and maybe already have plans for a follow up to continue the story. I am sure the last 'year or so' has been finishing and polishing the game which may have left time for the writers, concept artists etc to make a start on its sequel.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

carlos82

Has anyone on here preordered the game on the playstation store? Just wondering because I have but in the last couple of days it seems to have disappeared from my library and I'm not what to do

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Octane

Most of the reviews are in. Mostly 9s with some 8s and 10s. Metacritic is currently at 88 if anyone cares about that.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@Octane Pretty much as expected to be fair, doesn't mean a great deal as plenty of 9-10 games have been mediocre to me (GTA5, The Witcher 3..) Still I'm interested and will likely end up getting this at launch.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD That's really my problem, it's not that I don't like openworld games I'm just fed up of being sent around the map doing busywork while being told "I'm on an adventure!". I am looking forward to Red Dead 2, though!

I was critical of Uncharted for being too linear too, though, so who knows what I want

kyleforrester87

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD I do get the open world exhuastion, but I also think that fatigue is with average or worse than average open world games. I think open world games have unfairly become synonymous with repetitive grinds for side missions etc. and now any open world game is being unfairly grouped with it.

I feel that way a little too - I want to get The Witcher 3 (which, I understand, is ace) but a part of me can't face sinking several months into another open world title when there are so many new games being launched.

Horizon will be my first new open world game in probably a year and it's got me sold by the beauty of the world and the originality of the setting.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

-@kyleforrester87 Still don't understand why you don't like TW3 I haven't played too many open world games, I avoid most of them because of their length, and I only the few that get a lot of praise. TW3 for example, and I loved every single bit of it. I've played a bit of GTAV, and I've played countless GTA games in the past, so I knew that game wasn't for me, and I never bought it.

Setting, lore and story are important for me in open world games. I'm a fan of the fantasy-medieval-LOTR setting in TW3, and the setting in HZD also appeals to me. I think it helps if the game is set in a world that you want to explore.

@KratosMD Yeah, I find the open world fatigue argument a bit lame. I understand that people are exhausted by open world games, but then you're not the right person reviewing the game to begin with. Still, I'm glad that despite the ''open world fatigue'', HZD still managed to get a lot of praise.

Octane

BAMozzy

Almost flawless 30fps on either console - when frame rate does drop, only a frame or two is lost but quickly returns to 30fps - good frame pacing too.

carlos82

@Rudy_Manchego The Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've ever played but I suffered from open world burnout for sometime afterwards and still haven't returned for the dlc yet, just make sure your gaming schedule is clear before embarking.

I agree with @kyleforrester87 (apart from The Witcher, GTAV is rubbish though) at this point I'm growing tired of open world games and there needs to be a change in how these are made as we've basically been doing the same thing for many years. With Horizon though it's the combat which has really caught my eye and made me want to jump on board, well that and letting it show me what the Pro can really do.

I have to say that since getting the PSVR that has rekindled my love of gaming somewhat as you can see the imagination of the developers shine through on the experiences I've had so far and Resi 7 is scary with it on

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 Yeah you're on the money there, the combat in Horizon is the most intriguing aspect for me.

I suppose I'm not keen on the tribal themes either, though I keep reminding myself it's a scifi game set far in the future. I can forgive a lot about a game if its setting is interesting, hence I'm looking forward to Mass Effect and, eventually, Cyberpunk.

kyleforrester87

Rudy_Manchego

I think open world games, when they first really became truly open and interesting in the last gen (after precurssors like GTA etc.) were a breath of fresh air and also represented great value for money. Being able to lose yourself into a world with so much to do was refreshing from being on a very set journey for a limited time.

However, as time has gone on, I think the flaws of open world games have become more apparent. Bigger isn't necessarily better, it is hard to make everything unique and interesting and narrative story telling is a real challenge when the game is built on freedom of movement.

Publishers seem to be attracted to open world games at the moment, I guess because large worlds encourage longevity of playing rather than play through once and forget and if you are still playing (or invested in it) then you are more likely to buy DLC or add ons.

@carlos82; I will get it at some point but not sure when I will want to give up so many other games to play. Can't help but agree with you on PSVR - to me it is a different gaming experience and it still hasn't gotten old.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

I preordered it last night - I've got nothing to play now and I can't let that continue until 10th when Neir comes out. Desperate times call for desperate measures!!

kyleforrester87

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.