Forums

Topic: Hitman 2 (2018)

Posts 101 to 120 of 124

crimsontadpoles

IO Interactive have announced their October roadmap, and this month has the first brand new Elusive Target in ages (it's not a legacy one). This target is The Serial Killer, who will appear on 25th October.

There's also a Legacy Elusive Target appearing on 11th October, The Warlord.

I didn't have the original Hitman 1 game, so all the legacy targets have been new to me. However, a brand new non-legacy elusive target means that they'll appear in a Hitman 2 location, which will make a pleasant change from hunting down the targets in the Hitman 1 areas.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-october-roadmap/

RogerRoger

Finally got around to playing Haven Island last night, and returned again this morning to finish off all the Mission Stories. Now I just need to complete it on Master difficulty, reach Mastery Level 20 and figure out what the hidden trophies are.

Which I'll be happy to do, as I think this might be the greatest Hitman level yet, if not a definite top five. It's so atmospheric; I love the storm that rolls in whenever you've got a single target remaining and sure, three targets is a bit much, but the island is so well-constructed that it never feels laborious taking them all out to complete a run. There's so much detail, so many great gags and layers, reflected in the fact that the New York bank only came with Mastery Level 15 and yet here, it's a full 20. I'm gonna have a blast wandering around, discovering everything it has to offer.

First, I'll check out the two new Special Assignments in Miami and Whittleton Creek, as I really enjoyed the last two. I also completed the Elusive Target mere hours before she disappeared (after wandering around for ages, I restarted out of frustration and found her almost immediately; after some quick recon, I restarted a second time and got a Silent Assassin rating with less than three minutes on the clock).

It's good to be back!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura Thanks for the tip! Those two hidden trophies are the only ones I have left. After quite a few restarts last night, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that there's a Silent Assassin, Suit Only run which clocks in at under six minutes. Very satisfying!

I also strangled one of the targets with his weights in the gym. Lovely little call-back to Blood Money.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula There have been two additional Sniper Assassin maps since launch. The first, Singapore, might be free for everybody (its trophies are included in the base game's list, not the separate Season Pass list) but the second, Siberia, is definitely exclusive DLC for those who pay.

Singapore isn't quite as good as Himmelstein, but Siberia is an absolute riot... but that's just me.

You'll also gain access to the New York and Haven Island levels, which are fantastic, as well as four short-but-sweet Special Assignments and a bunch of miscellaneous items.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula ...as opposed to a seal dealer? I'm sure PETA would have something to say about that.

Sixteen bucks is definitely a better price for it, absolutely. Hope you enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula Argh! The danger of so many PSN sales, I guess!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura No, I've been playing other things, alas. But thank you for the heads-up about the Halloween content, which I'm gonna make time for today, as I'm kinda between games at the moment (or at least, playing something I don't mind leaving for a day or two). I love the Hawke's Bay environment so am really excited to see what they've done with it!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Right, that's my evening sorted, then. Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura As far as the Expansion Pass is concerned, everything we'd been promised has now been fulfilled, yes. We've had the two main missions to New York and Haven Island, the two Sniper Assassin maps (Singapore and Siberia) and the Special Assignments.

There's a chance we'll get more special, seasonal events (Santa 47 will likely be back at Christmas, for example) and if anything, a couple more Special Assignments outside of the Expansion Pass, but I doubt we'll see anything like an entirely new level now. IO have confirmed that they're working on Hitman 3, which will likely bring all three games under one big umbrella on the next generation of consoles.

Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

@LaJettatura They've unveiled the November road map. There's plenty of escalations and challenge packs and stuff along with a legacy elusive target, but no major new things.

I suspect December could have some festive goodies and maybe some minor surprises, but I doubt there'll be any more major new features added to Hitman 2.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-november-roadmap/

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura Yeah, as @crimsontadpoles says, the November Roadmap is pretty extensive but it's all quite minor (a couple new outfits, a lot of legacy content being dragged back, etc.) and I'm guessing Christmas will just see a return of Santa 47 and the "Holiday Hoarders" variation of Paris. Can't say for certain, but I reckon you're safe.

Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

There's a new legacy elusive target now available, The Fixer. This target had the lowest success rate of all elusive targets in the original Hitman 1, so the developers have added some more helpful information than usual in their November roadmap:

IOInteractive wrote:

The Fixer has stumbled back into Marrakesh once more – and let’s be clear about this; he’s a contentious man. During HITMAN 1, when he first debuted, this was the Elusive Target with the lowest success rate – all because of ‘the diamonds’.

During this contract, 47 must “retrieve diamonds” as one of the objectives – and if you subdue or kill any of the characters involved in the diamond exchange before the exchange can happen, the contract will fail permanently because 47 will then not be able to retrieve them. We strongly advise that you approach this contract with extreme caution and read the briefing and target intel before proceeding.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-november-roadmap/

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Thanks for bringing this to my attention; usually, I just wait until I'm in a Hitman mood to stumble back in for Legacy Elusive Targets, but the history surrounding the Fixer has me intrigued. I've still got a couple days to catch him, so might try.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Have you tried it yet? Any good?

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Hope you feel better soon, and that you're able to play it before it goes!

Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

The Hitman 2 Elusive Targets are going to be reactivated. This means that players who missed them the first time around have another opportunity to try them out. Due to the one chance nature of elusive targets, players who have already beaten or failed the target unfortunately won't be able to try them again.

The Undying is currently available, and will be available for around another week or so. This is the target played by Sean Bean, so well worth doing if you haven't already done it.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.