Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 321 to 340 of 379

KratosMD

@Octane Congrats!

The post-game content didn't feel like a grind for me at all since all the goodies you find help prepare you for the tougher side areas/fights in the game. And all the blue markers (side quests) contain story so they are very much worth doing for extra dialogue and lore.

I think the primary reason why I went for 100% in this game (since I never do that in games anymore) is because it's just so much fun to play.

KratosMD

Octane

@KratosMD With post game I mean Muspelheim and Niflheim[/spoiler]. I can see myself doing the first one, that's pretty straight forward. But the second one? How am I ever going to collect [spoiler]thousands of those Mist Echoes(?)? Seems like it would take an eternity.

Octane

KratosMD

@Octane It doesn't really, because the more chests you open up, the more rare resources you will find and you can trade those in for more Mist Echoes. For example, one resource called Aesirbane nets you 2500 Mist Echoes and when I had done a couple of complete runs through the maze, not only did I get around 8000 echoes from only chests but also 5 Aesirbanes that gave me 12500 echoes. So as long as you don't mind trading those in for echoes instead of using them for armour, it will take maybe 3-4 hours in total depending on how fast you are.

Also, since you're now done with the game, you could always turn down the difficulty to make the post-game content go by quicker without spending too much time in battles. It doesn't affect trophies either.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Octane

@KratosMD Good one! I may turn the difficulty down just for that part. I kinda want to do it because I've pretty much done everything else.

Anyway, Kratos deserves a nap right now

Octane

RonCorleone

So would it be weird that I if had to describe this game in 10 words or less, the words I'd choose would be "Great Game, but only a good God of War game."?

RonCorleone

JohnnyShoulder

@RonCorleone Yes it would be weird. This aint Twitter, feel free to elaborate.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

I'm currently at Lake of Nine and I'd give this game a solid 8/10. Will see if something changes down the line, but so far it seems like many reviewers watched this through rose tinted glasses.

NecuVise

KratosMD

This song is just so amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoT2MgT2LVI

It's just too bad you don't hear it enough in the game, or at least not as explicitly as during the credits. I can just imagine a scene where Kratos is paddling with Atreus on their way to a final boss while this song is playing. So epic.

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise Rose tinted glasses? I'm not sure what you mean by that. If that was the case most reviewers would have not liked it so much as this is a massive change for the series.

And if this is your first time Lake of Nine, yeah I would wait until rating it. Without spoiling it stuff changes and it get better and better the more you can play it.

Such a wonderful game and I will be gutted when it is over.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DeathlyPall

Personally, I feel that before they do OT, they need to spend a little more time with their Blocking and Dodging flow. I felt that it was way too slow to respond. I've been 4 days on the Queen Valkyrie with the best gear, and still cant beat her because of the slow blocking and dodging. Also, she bugs out each fight and has powerful and devastating attacks one right after another, not to mention she evades 99% of the time making it almost impossible to track her and know where she is. Fixing the looking speed don't help either. She is literally impossible to take down, and maybe thats the way its suppose to be on Easy Mode, I dont really know. The strat guide i have says its very possible to NOT take damage from her, but this is misleading, because she does this blinding light attack in the air that spans the whole entire battlefield that causes massive damage to you even if you look away from it or try to block or dodge. The only real enjoyment I've gotten from it has been the story line, but not worth the money paid for the game. It was a let down for sure for me. Oh, and btw, all of this has been on Easy Mode. So something went wrong somewhere.

DeathlyPall

Octane

@DeathlyPall I beat the queen on easy mode too. It was a little tough at first, but I beat her in 5 or 6 tries. My advice, complain about it online like you just did, now go back and give it another shot. I'll guarantee that you will beat her, it worked for me as well!

Octane

KratosMD

@DeathlyPall I actually tried to beat her on Normal and I felt she was quite impossible as well. When I lowered the difficulty to Easy, she was actually MUCH easier to defeat.

Anyway, regarding the blinding light; you're supposed to attack her while she is powering up for her attack in the air. I'd recommend to just hit her with Atreus' arrows, and then she gets stunned for a couple of seconds. It's all about figuring out how to counter her attacks, it's really not that hard when you get a feel for it.

I highly recommend to also get the Talisman where you can slow down time, upgrade it to the max, and then you'll be able to perform runic attacks on her without interruptions. Focus on a build that have some stats nearly maxed out in order to take her down as quickly as possible. In this case I'd recommend one with high Strength, Runic and Cooldown. Don't forget to bring a resurrection stone, a Berserker stone would be the best here honestly, so you can get a free rage mode on her while receiving health back. And if you can, try to defeat some enemies prior to the fight in order to build up a full rage bar before battling her.

Good luck!

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Octane

I also think it definitely helps if you played the rest of the game on a higher difficulty than the queen fight. So I can imagine that it seems relatively more difficult if you have played the entire game on easy.

Octane

RonCorleone

@JohnnyShoulder I want to preface this by saying that I like the game. I can't really find anything negative to say about it. I don't think I'm as high on the story as some people(I think its solid though) and the new Kratos voice is really taking some getting used to for me but these aren't things that are hindering my enjoyment of the game.

From my personal experience with this game and the rest of the franchise, if I'm judging this game on its own merits this a great game. Though if I'm judging it as a God of War game I'd rate it as just good, mainly because the combat for the most part didn't really feel like God of War to me. I'm trying to properly express how I feel about the combat in this game compared to previous games(and I'm probably failing at it) but to me old GoW games had more of an arcade feeling to it and this has more of a simulation feel to it. It's more slow and calculated opposed to loose and hack and slashy. I recently went through the 1st three games again (its weird playing a game and seeing your last save file is from 2014) and I was surprised to see how well the game held up when it came to combat and how great it still felt considering how old the games were.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of 10 people who doesn't straight up hate QTEs and they were one of my favorite parts of the GoW games so there absence along with the absence of combos really disappoints me as well as the absence of combos. Especially when it came to boss battles the QTEs added a nice level of interaction that I felt helped me get even more invested in fights. I will say though, if there is one part of fighting in the new GoW that I enjoy more than the old its the fact that the camera is way better.

I'm not saying the changes they made to the franchise, specifically to the gameply were bad or that they shouldn't have made those changes, I'm just saying that the changes that occured in this ittiration of God of War, made this feel less like a God of War game to me.

RonCorleone

Feena

Hi guys! Just started the game, after so many good reviews and personal recommendations ...it is kinda not something I'd usually pick up.

I must say I am having a very good time and enjoying the combat a lot! It also looks incredible which is always nice. The story seems alright for now even if a tad too cinecomic in the direction of the cutscenes.

I am adjusting to Kratos - he seems like a guy who's toughened up for a million right reasons but he's still kinda too testosterone-y to be relatable for me. I also think he should really shave because that thick beard makes him look even balder

Joking aside, stellar production ...having a lot of fun!

Edited on by Feena

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

KratosMD

@Feena It's nice to see that this game brings a lot of people out of their comfort zone with games. I've seen all kinds of people play it on Youtube who usually wouldn't play something like this and it's great, it really is a game for everyone (except for children that is ).

KratosMD

themcnoisy

So I have played GoW from the start again today. Its the first time in like a month theres enough free time to play a proper immersive game. Without spoiling anything Im upto the second lake of lights (hope that is ambiguous enough). Much much better start on this second run, I now understand why the first boss battle happens as a kind of shield over Kratos and Atreus is removed when they chop down the tree at the very start. That completely went over my head first time around and was wondering why the dude found them at that exact moment.

Im also enjoying the fighting way more. I get properley amongst it now and am boosting my close attacks! Ive also found 3 apples woo hoo more health. Its so quick on your second run, getting to the world serpent took half the time of my first attempt. And without worrying about what buttons to use and how to approach the game, the scenery is marvellous.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Feena

@KratosMD Definitely! My brother came over yesterday and he was like YOU are playing GOW?
@themcnoisy Ha! The tree bit wasn't lost on me, he also says "she" picked the trees she wanted for her pyre. So it is explained in detail later on? Can't wait for it!

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

themcnoisy

@Feena where are you upto?

Today I was more engrossed in the story and finer details. Last time out I was getting to grips with the controls and missed a ton of stuff. Im playing the game now like a brawler and starting to pick off Odins birds and use the relic abilities. Im decked out in boar hide armour and look like the don. Its a top game but I totally agree his over the top muscular wwe physique is offputting.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic