Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 241 to 260 of 807

Octane

@KratosMD Yeah, I figured it out right after I posted it. Thanks for explaining anyway, haha!

Octane

BAMozzy

Well that's this game Platinum now... I could grind to get some of the armour fully upgraded but I have finally got all the trophies now!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Splat

I really love Brok and Sindri.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Have you opened many of the mystic doors yet? I found the Valkyries to be the toughest fights - certainly some of them were a lot more so than anything else.

I also found some of the challenges in the volcano realm quite tough - especially the 1st of the second run.

Edited on by BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Matroska

One thing I'm wondering, without spoilers, is if enemies are finite in this game? Can you keep on fighting with NG+ (if that even exists) and thus fully level up Kratos and BOY?

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

BAMozzy

@KratosMD I did all of those at level 8+ with fully maxed out weaponry and runic attacks - high strength, high defence and high vitality build with a decent Runic too. All my armour and Talisman have 3 (yellow) enchantments. If you have only done a couple of Valkyries and not reached the top of the mountain yet, then things are relatively easy. There are 9 Valkyries and whilst a few were 'easy' compared to the others, they were still the toughest enemies in the game. To get the Mountain achievement, you have to beat the arenas again - 17 challenges in total. 2 for each of the first 5 arenas on the way up until you reach the top (6) for a single battle and then 1 more 'harder' (or as the game says 'Impossible') in each of the 6 although some were still easier than others. There was a good reason I left these until after the end of the game

@Matroska There are 2 realms that you can unlock were enemies spawn - its also two areas that you need to 'farm' if you want to upgrade the 'best' gear in the game as the resources are only found in these 2 realms. Some places will also respawn more difficult enemies but once you have defeated those, the areas that the game takes place in does become 'empty'.

New game+ wouldn't work (I don't think) not the way it is now. Its not like you can level up beyond a certain point and playing through it with the gear and 'tools' you acquire for progressing in the story from the start wouldn't make sense. The structure is quite 'linear' and you have to follow the path but if you have the tools too early, you can bypass some paths and also makes some journeys pointless. Its difficult to explain without giving away spoilers but a lot of the story has you venturing to get something to help you but if you already have those in the game, then half the story becomes pointless - if that makes sense without spoilers.

Splat

For me, a true sign of a great game is when you are still thinking about it when not playing it. GOW is a great game...

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

kyleforrester87

I haven't played it since Sunday 😂 It is good though, not 100% my kind of jam though. Some games you can't drag me away from.

I guess it's the kind of game I prefer to play in big weekend sessions.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

@KratosMD LMAO as I said, they overall are by far the toughest enemies and it took me ages and many many attempts to beat the 'boss' one. How many have you done now?

BAMozzy

@KratosMD The mountain was one of the ones that I struggled with too. By the time I got to Helheim (it was the 7th or 8th for me), It wasn't too bad but like I said, I also was a level 8 with maxed weaponry and all skills unlocked too. A lot took more than 1 attempt and often needed a resurrection stone too - Like I said though, these were the most difficult enemies in the game. They do get progressively difficult with the later ones using all the tactics, attacks etc of the earlier ones plus adding new ones too. At least now you can see why I said what I said before....

Octane

So I haven't had the time to play God of War since yesterday, but I've been thinking about the game, and I think I figured out the plot twist. Mind = blown, and I'm not even playing the game.

Octane

BAMozzy

@KratosMD That's the issue with the internet - if you want to avoid ALL spoilers, avoid the internet. You can't blame the Spoilers thread though for not talking about aspects of the game - inc anything that happens after the very end of the game. There are 'clues' in the game that tell you to go home after the 'end' but then if you missed them and jump into a spoiler thread, you can't blame the people in that for discussing 'everything' freely.

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah it is tricky to avoid spoilers these days. I was watching a vid on one of the Dark Souls 3 DLC bosses and the next recommended video was the very last boss. Which is quite a big spoiler because of who it is.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Matroska

@KratosMD Unfortunately they already said there won't be any DLC. Maybe they'll change their minds due to popular demand, but I think in the long run it's better if they save their ideas for the next one.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

BAMozzy

@KratosMD to be honest, the best tip I can give for the final valkyrie - is to get 'lucky'. I know that's not a good tip but when I finally beat her, after countless attempts, I did feel that some 'luck' was involved. She didn't use the full array - inc the fire attack - in my final battle. I mainly kept the shock arrows to stun her when she went up in the air before doing the blinding attack - it was more consistent and accurate than trying to hit her with the axe throw for me. I also tried to keep her 'close' so her attacks were the three wing attacks then dodge the last and lay into her at close. Use the shield R1, R1 to break her block and lay into her but always keep her close and she tended to keep to this main attack - if I let her have distance, she would use more attacks but keeping her close seemed to work and limit her range of attacks. I still needed to use a resurrection stone but in keeping her close, using arrows predominantly just when she went up in the air or were more distant, I had the most success. When she was down to about a quarter health, I also used Shock arrows (square) whilst also using the axe. I didn't bother with the blades. I used Area based runic attacks too. My Strength and Defence were both around 250 and I also have an enchantment to reduce Valkyrie damage. I only used enchantments that actually benefited the way I played - none that helped burn damage/resistance or axe throw damage for example. I can't remember if I used Broks or Mist armour now but it still took me a lot of attempts - hence I said that was the most difficult aspect of the game I almost gave up going for the platinum because of her. The defeat 20 enemies without taking damage (1st arena) really frustrated too in Muspelheim.

Anyway, good luck.

BAMozzy

@KratosMD The type of armour you wear doesn't really matter as its the more down to the 'numbers' and way you play. If you favour Runic attacks - build up Runic and Cooldown. I went for Strength and Defence. I also didn't bother adding enchantments if they had bonuses or 'gifts' to stats on successful 'axe' throws or example if I wasn't intending to throw my axe. I also had all my Runic Attacks - inc Atreus at max level - opting not for 'line' or ones that could miss and as I was trying to keep combat 'close' found area attacks most useful to me. There was a good 'dodge' enchantment and there are ones that 'slow' things down too. I went mainly for enchantments that boosted Strength, Defence or Vitality. Quite a few times, I had the health-bar what seemed like 1 hit away from ending the fight but still ended up losing. Another tip, don't go for health pick-ups if they aren't stunned - miss out on doing damage to get health if you need it and block/dodge until you can do damage - easier said than done but the amount of times I went for the health pick-up only to get smashed in going for it so I found it best to miss out on swinging the axe once or twice when stunned to get the health instead.

0ld_boy

sorry...

Edited on by 0ld_boy

0ld_boy

Octane

Spoiler tags please! I thought that was the reason why we made a spoiler thread in the first place

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

Ummm, guys you know there is a spoiler thread for all this, yeah?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic