Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 807

themcnoisy

I hate you all.

Im going to buy this tomorrow after being a hard pass. Damn you forum members.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Constable_What

I just beat a boss in God of War and want to vent. What a horrible piece of **** boss it was. Completely unfun in every way, and so glad it's dead and I never have to fight it ever again. High mobility, super armor, insane damage, hitboxes the size of barn doors, grabs that take exactly a second to hit you and do 3/4ths health, ridiculous amount of health, armor that gets stronger the more damage it takes, unblockable hits that that are impossible to dodge if you blocked something before hand, an AoE the size of the arena you fight it on, and ****ing feints and mix-ups. Are you kidding me!? Took me two hours to kill it. I don't feel accomplished at all. I feel like I was cheated out of two hours.

Don't spend two hours like I did. If you're not on Give me God of War, change your difficulty to Give Me Story, or get better gear (I don't even know if better gear is possible at that point.). I wasted two damn hours because I was stubborn and didn't wasn't to change it. I should have.

It made Ludwig the Holy Blade in Bloodborne seem like a perfectly balanced boss fight that isn't broken at all.

I'm not going to spoil it, but you'll know the fight when you see it.

Constable_What

Constable_What

I just beat a boss in God of War and want to vent. What a horrible piece of **** boss it was. Completely unfun in every way, and so glad it's dead and I never have to fight it ever again. High mobility, super armor, insane damage, hitboxes the size of barn doors, grabs that take exactly a second to hit you and do 3/4ths health, ridiculous amount of health, armor that gets stronger the more damage it takes, unblockable hits that that are impossible to dodge if you blocked something before hand, an AoE the size of the arena you fight it on, and ****ing feints and mix-ups. Are you kidding me!? Took me two hours to kill it. I don't feel accomplished at all. I feel like I was cheated out of two hours.

Don't spend two hours like I did. If you're not on Give me God of War, change your difficulty to Give Me Story, or get better gear (I don't even know if better gear is possible at that point.). I wasted two damn hours because I was stubborn and didn't wasn't to change it. I should have.

It made Ludwig the Holy Blade in Bloodborne seem like a perfectly balanced boss fight that isn't broken at all.

I'm not going to spoil it, but you'll know the fight when you see it.

Constable_What

Fight_Teza_Fight

@BAMozzy I’m sure we’ll get the feature eventually, but it must not be high on Sony’s list for updates.
They have the data, as they send it out sometimes if you’re subscribed to the news letter.

GOW is scratching every itch for me. I’ve seen a lot of comparisons made to other games, but to me it’s like what Darksiders should’ve become had it had a monstrous budget & a clearer vision.

@themcnoisy One of Us! One of Us!

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Rudy_Manchego

@Fight_Teza_Fight Agree - with limited game time, it helps knowing what kind of time investment I have made. It was good in HZD as you could track it within the game.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

BAMozzy

Well I have just finished the game - around 90% fully complete. I still have the grind of finding the last few collectibles I missed, the grind of half the valkyrie battles and grind of Nilfhelm to get the resources but I have done all the 'labour' side quests too. Not bad for only 4 days...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

Well this game keeps on surprising and delighting me. Defo not what I expected and did not think it would this much of a departure from the previous games.

Anyone that is still on the fence, forget your preconceptions based on the other games this game is really special and you should make an effort to play it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

Some stuff still bugs me though. Like setting those 4 spirits free. I'm thinking great, I'll naturally explore the environment and find them. But no, track quest and you get a bunch of flashing way points telling you exactly where to go.

I have disabled the compass though which has really helped with the immersion.

Still, I can't see the new Tomb Raider being able to match this.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

AFCC

@Constable_What I actually don't know what the hell you're talking about xD
But since you're playing on the hardest setting what did you expect?

AFCC

PSN: AFCC_13 | Twitter:

Constable_What

@AFCC I'm not on the hardest difficulty, I'm on the normal difficulty. The fight I did was a post game fight that I did before I beat the game. It's meant to be like Sephiroth from KH. When you fight it, you'll know my pain. I just wanted to vent though. It was an aggravating experience.

Constable_What

Constable_What

@AFCC You get a couple enchantments that greatly decrease its damage, so my gear could have been better. I found the first one right after I killed it.

Atreus said "Oh hey, we could have used this when we were fighting it! "

I almost threw my PS4 out of the window. If I was Kratos in that situation I would have a given that boy such a slap. Ooooooohhh... lol

It's fine though. Make sure you get those enchantments before fighting it. If you want I can tell you where it is. Just ask.

Edited on by Constable_What

Constable_What

Matroska

Loving the game. Some complaints though... Not a fan of the location you go to to get the light from (not naming to avoid spoilers). The whole aesthetic reminded me of Mass Effect or Halo, and in the case of the latter you even go through the whole area then double back afterwards like in Halo 1. Other than that gripe, it's amazing.

Well, combat does get kind of repetitive, though (playing on Hard, for what it's worth), kind of reminds me of some JRPGs where you think "please, let me walk around exploring more without another effing battle!" It's a really nice, hefty combat system, but it kinda devolved into parrying and knockbacks sprinkled with your son choking enemies allowing you an easy charged attack. The sense of adventure and how every quest feels like a main quest thing is amazing, though.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

BAMozzy

@KratosMD To answer both questions - You can get back to your house area - remember the door you couldn't open? As for Idunns Apple chests, there are 'more' than 9 in the game and once you have maxed your health, these give things like enchantments instead

As for the Travellers armour, its not the 'best' and you will outgrow it. Whether its the 'best' for now with you or not, I don't know. With me, it was only worth making the set for the Trophy as by the time I had killed 'enough' Travellers, I had better armour and stats. Even if it does save you from one attack, I would drop down a level or two as well as reduce the amount of damage/defence/vitality. It may suit your playstyle better than mine too so its up to you

@Matroska I feel I could very well comment a LOT on what you have written above - but my comments would very much be spoilers. If you are on about the first realm you go to (from Midgard), its one of the most aesthetically pleasing in the game - at least on the surface anyway. Like I said though, if I do comment on things like the 'combat', sense of adventure you mention etc then I will be going into spoiler territory. A few of my 'gripes' as to why its not a 'perfect game' though has to do with the 'exploration'.

I am now just tying up a few loose ends - I have 100% completed the majority of every region/realm. I have every collectible now though. I don't know if I will Platinum the game yet as at least 1 trophy is going to require a LOT of boring and repetitive grinding

Edited on by BAMozzy

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

@KratosMD I found the Lake of Nine to be quite straight forward. All the main regions off of it (like the mines) are very linear and very old school in design. You either have the main path or a 'dead end' with some collectible - maybe behind a simple puzzle or breakable wall. However the Path is still very linear like much of the game. Occasionally you get a more 'arena' style or open section where enemies are and you may have several dead end paths around the edge that lead to loot but the majority of the game is still a straight forward path. I know some 'dead ends' aren't dead ends as they lead back to the main path that you couldn't get to until you dropped a chain down but its still basically a linear path with little chance to really deviate or go off. You can't get from one region to the next without returning back along the path and jumping in the boat despite the fact they maybe next to each other on the Map. In essence its like a 2D game were you go right to the objective or left back to the 'hub' with occasional door you can open for loot but then have to return to the path - its old school design. If you go from A to B, then B to C, you can't get to A without having to go back to B. As you get more tools, you can go back to areas purely for the loot they hold. Its not as if any of those doors lead to a new area, new missions etc. In general, there is a lot of 'filler' - not that that is poor but they could have still had all of this in a much more open design too. I guess though, if it was more open, the visuals may not have been so impressive. It becomes more apparent when you start going back to open those doors or break walls you couldn't before

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Lake of Nine is good but it is nowhere as well designed as say Dark Souls imo.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Splat

I haven't got to put anywhere near the hours into this as I have wanted to but...

The dragon boss fight was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen in a game. Just stunning on the Pro...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

BAMozzy

@KratosMD There are more resources than is necessary to beat the game on any difficulty. The main resources for upgrading the primary gear are all found within the story anyway and there are a LOT of chests etc as you play through without necessarily going to the small little linear coves - its not like you need every piece of armour available either as often you get a choice of a 'few' different types that favour different builds - like strength or defence for example.

Granted, the few that do lead to new areas - like the mines - that you don't visit with the main story are additional - mostly for the dwarves labours but they are separate from the Lake of Nine anyway and are their own region - like the River Pass or Mountain in the story. If you do the 'dwarf' labours you don't need to go to the coves - they are really only necessary for collectibles and trophy hunters. At best, you may get to unlock a realm (or two) sooner because you spent time on and around the lake but considering how many Nonir and legendary chests can be found by doing just the main story, you don't need to do anything around the lake at all. That being said, it can be ok to take a break from the story, to have a change of pace.

I would argue that its more difficult to tackle a level or two above enemy than to play on a harder difficulty and be a level or two above them anyway - If you want to have the highest level weapon - then you can only do that by playing the story through anyway - at least until you get to the final upgrade which can only be done by grinding in the two realms you unlock. By the time I beat the story, I had over 15000XP and around 300000 Hacksilver with every skill I could unlock, unlocked. That is just growing as I grind for the remaining trophies...

themcnoisy

Way behind everybody else and have just passed the camel smurf.

I usually dislike the tomb raider / uncharted mould of games, the combats usually a bit rough and the puzzles are ridiculously easy. God of War is very similar to me with the terrible puzzles. However the 1 camera shot thingy really really helps with the immersion and Ive bought into GoW a lot more than any of the Uncharted games. Ive turned off a few of the visual aids like the compass after reading a comment from Kyle and thats actually a really top tip. Its also quite challenging at times and Im playing it on Normal.

Absolutely loving the axe throw, great mechanic tons better than almost every other projectile attack in 3rd person games due to the retrieval system. Some of the close attack animations look a bit off and the fighting is already a bit of a let down close quarters especially against mobs of enemies. That said the boss fights so far against the giant thing and the regenaration bloke were excellent. Your son is a great help also and hes already up there as far as helpful npcs goes. I gather later on the fighting against multiple enemies will improve as the abilities unlock as Bam said.

So for a none fan of the linear story focused action games Ive been won over. The aestetic and tone is perfect for Kratos and where as Drake or Joel killing a ton of enemies always seemed a bit weird, here it works perfectly.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic