Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,795

JohnnyShoulder

@andrew20 Nothing has been confirmed yet, so we can only guess at the moment. But it is still being released in Holiday 2020, until we hear otherwise. If the coronavirus does effect the ps5 there might even be just a limited release.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

Dark Souls Remastered vs. Dark Souls 3 anyone? I believe the first game is arguably harder, although I made it up to Seath the Scaleless, playing offline, but kept getting cursed and killed and gave up, the last trophy I earned for it was the Lordvessel. I, however, always wanted to go back and finish that game after finishing DS3, it would be nice to 'complete the circle' , so to speak. Do you think it's worth going back to it and starting from the beginning now that I have a new PS4, so in other words; bearing in mind that I would have to go back to the beginning and beat O&S again, although this time I have access to the internet on my PS4 and can summon help? I beat DS3 that way, although I only summoned help from other players for the last two bosses, and my only other summons in the game were for the Abyss Watchers and Pontiff Sulyvahn, I used Black Hand Gottard.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yes, do it. I had got upto a similar position in the game, the caves before Seath. I was not entirely sold on the game then on the 360. But after playing the other games, when I played the remastered version I saw it through new eyes. Plus sections like blighttown are not a juddering mess and it is a relatively smooth experience.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Absolutely give it a go again. It’s my favourite Soulsborne by a country mile. It’s such a tight experience compared to the other games and there are way more shortcuts, so it feels like the one world more than the others. The Duke’s Archives down to the cave with Seath are particularly nasty however and I dread going there every playthrough!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder Have either of you played King's Field? I was interested in checking it out as a pre-Miyazaki FromSoftware game. Is it similar to the Souls games? I hear it is, but I thought the quality might suffer from Miyazaki's absence. I'll be sure to go back to Dark Souls Remastered as well, but only if I can summon help for Seath, my SL was pretty high when I was playing it before but that curse just kept taking me out. I know the cursebite ring is in the New Londo ruins somewhere but the directions I read about online just weren't sufficient to help me find it, and those 'ghosts' just kept getting me!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic King’s Field games are worth playing as a curiosity but they’re really not balanced, fair or fun in the slightest. They’re interesting in the sense you can see the influence it had on the Souls games though.

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Not played any of em unfortunately, just know that they influenced parts of the Souls games.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@Draco_V_Ecliptic KF is Souls before Souls was a thing. It's incredibly difficult and has that same dark fantasy atmosphere. It's very difficult (I died like 6 times before understanding there was a pit of lava 5ft in front where you start in the game) and more unforgiving than a Souls game. I got frustrated and quit, but remember the areas I went through pretty well, kinda like how Souls is memorable. If you're interested in the history and a PS2 (very early PS2 at that) era Souls From game in first person that's more maddening than Dark Souls, check it out. If you don't have copious amounts of patience to deal with it, then skip it.

Jaz007

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder @Jaz007 I'm going back to Dark Souls Remastered now, as I said I would, I've just started and I'm in Asylum Demon territory again. The visuals in the remastered version look gorgeous and I'm going for a Berserk Guts build (I'm currently engaged with volume 2 of the manga, as I heard it inspired Dark Souls) . Have any of you read Berserk? Do you like it?

JohnnyShoulder

Glad you are enjoying your time with DSR. No not read any of Beserk only a couple of pics of the internet. Can see the SoulsBorne influences even from that brief look.

HallowMoonshadow

The first NieR is being remade for PC, PS4 and Xbox One

Though it's the version with the brother main character instead of the version with the father.

Platinum may be involved with it? Some other company is doing most of the work apparently

There's also a NieR mobile game called Reincarnation but... It's a mobile game so...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@WebHead More goes into a game than just releasing it. They need to be printed, distributed, marketed etc. There are more important things right now than a game not releasing on time.

WebHead

@nessisonett I get it but this isn't the first time they have pulled this. Not to mention their crunch culture and I have mot really enjoyed their last few games anyway.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

nessisonett

@WebHead The Last of Us doesn’t even appeal to me and I’ve still not played it cause I can’t be arsed so each to their own.

WebHead

@nessisonett and ultimately its my money. If i wanna see their games i ca just watch on YT.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

nessisonett

So Outer Wilds won best game at the BAFTAs which is interesting. I’d heard it was good but not that it was really GOTY potential. There were also big wins for Disco Elysium and huge disappointments for Control. I forgot Control was on Now so I’ll probably give it a go.

Octane

@nessisonett Outer Wilds is really good. I'm playing it right now. It's definitely the puzzle-y exploration type of game. But if you're into those, it's very rewarding. And there's little handholding, the game doesn't assume you're stupid.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic