Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,795

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho That thought did cross my mind what @Th3solution suggested, regarding an XBOX X. But I still think that is a lot of money to pay if you are only gonna play one or two games on it, as I have so games on my ps4 to play.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder If I got an XOX it would be a preowned one as would not wanna pay £350 plus for something I wouldn't use as much as my PS4.

I might check how much they are on CEX later, can't access their site from work sadly lol!

DonJorginho

Octane

@DonJorginho It runs fine, mostly. There are definitely very noticeable slowdowns, sometimes when you fast travel and then move quickly to another environment. Or sometimes during intense combat. It's annoying, but not game breaking, and I'm enjoying it despite it. It helps that combat isn't precision work, so it's not as noticeable when it happen. But if you start paying attention to it, then yeah, it's there.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho For me that would still be too expensive lol. But it is your money at the end of the day.

I'm quite content to wait and stick it out with a base ps4. I understand your concerns regarding Cyberpunk, but The Witcher 3 had some issues but I still really enjoyed the game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder Do you reckon the smart option would be to just wait it out then till any further developments for PS5? The more I think about it the main games I am hyped for are first party and they will be pretty well optimised, and if Cyberpunk is going to run like crap on the PS4 and we find that out nearer launch I can buy a Series X further down the year for a reduced price.

DonJorginho

nessisonett

Oh dear, now I feel like I’ve wasted money on a Pro! To be fair, one of my controllers was dead anyway plus it came with Modern Warfare and I had Amazon vouchers so it really wasn’t that expensive once you take that into account.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Yeah at the very least. If the next gen consoles do get delayed it may be worth looking to get a pro/x depending on how long the delay is, especially if you will not be getting one at launch.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I want to and have the money to get both at launch, but the idea of getting a hardware issue due to the first batch of consoles having the typical faults is the only thing that puts me off.

DonJorginho

Ryall

@DonJorginho I’ll probably get my PS5 from a physical shop rather than an online retailer for that reason. If I need to return it it will be straightforward to get a replacement. The price of a day one console will be the same everywhere anyway.

Ryall

Genrou

I will probably pass on the PS5 at launch as I still have a huge backlog of PS4 games to play. Not only that but it will give them time to work the kinks out.

Genrou

kyleforrester87

No regrets with my launch Pro. The resolution boost in many games is greatly appreciated.

Would I get one now if I planned on getting a launch PS5? Nah.

But if you won’t get a PS5 at launch, I say go for it. Sell your original one, and then when you get a PS5, sell your Pro. You’ll be a little bit out of pocket but depending on your circumstances you might not care.

Or don’t - the boost is nice but it’s not going to transform your gaming sessions.

At the end of the day, if gamings you main hobby, nothing wrong with getting some new hardware for the hell of it.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Jaz007

My launch PS4 hasn’t had any issues so I have faith the launch PS5 will be just fine. I might get the GameStop warranty too as then I can literally just get a new one by asking if anything is wrong. I haven’t heard of the launch PS4 having issues from anyone else either. But yeah, nothing should be wrong and if there is that’s what warranties are for.
Come to think of it my launch 3DS didn’t have any issues either.
I don’t know, I just think getting new generational hardware the day it releases is a ton of fun and makes it all the more exciting.

Jaz007

nessisonett

I’m probably moving away for a year next summer as I have an industrial placement as part of my degree so I reckon if I end up getting a PS5 that leaving my brother the Pro would at least tide him over until I get back. I really like the boosts to games like God of War but the fact Star Wars runs so badly even on the Pro worries me as there are bigger games coming this year.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

@Jaz007 yeah I’m not worried about any issues with launch machines. There’s a risk, but you got a years warranty as standard and the enjoyment factor far outweighs any worries I have.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 Same here, well I got it a few months after launch. Mine gets a bit loud at times and it occasionally turns on by itself when a disc ejects at random times. Apart from thst its been fine though.

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 I agree on the Pro - if you use your PS4 a lot and you have the setup, I actually didn't mind the upgrade. I was dubious when they first announced it and thought it was a rip off but after seeing it and having a go on a demo version I actually thought it was worth the upgrade. I sold my OG PS4 and got a good chunk towards the new machine, I've had hundreds of hours of entertainment, the HD is better and larger and it has improved my gaming experience. So if you are a big PS4 gamer and can afford it then why not? If you aren't bothered, also no problem. I felt no pressure to upgrade other than it seeming worthwhile to me.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

I think the PS4 delivered on it's promise, right?

For those with the TV to support it felt like a small but nessecary upgrade, meanwhile Sony managed to keep everything running pretty good on the OG PS4's.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

So i clicked on the 'Games under £16' on the Featured on PlayStation section in the What's New tab on the PS4 home screen. Turns out not a lot of games under 16 quid lol.

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic