Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,795

nessisonett

@DonJorginho I’ve not noticed it being that loud to be honest, maybe a wee bit more than the Slim but not massively.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Rudy_Manchego

@DonJorginho I found my PS4 Pro to be quieter than my OG PS4 but can get loud when running some intensive games - DMC 5 was the worst I think for me. I do have it in a shelf on the TV unit which while has good space around it, probably isnt as well ventilated if it were on an open surface.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

DonJorginho

@Rudy_Manchego Nice thanks for letting me know! I sit my PS4 on an open surface so should be okay.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho The new Gamma Chassis models are apparently a lot quieter than the older models. They were promemtly labelled on the GAME website when I was looking in the new year sales.

Personally I would wait until something has been confirmed before jumping to a decision. Plus not all games run that much better on a Pro.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I am thinking that some games this year may run terribly on PS4 Slim is all, games like GOT, Cyberpunk etc.

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@KratosMD Would you say to stay away from PS PRO this year then man and stick with my slim for that little bit longer?

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@KratosMD I agree with a lot of that and many of the reasons you stated are reasons why I am on the fence as to what to do.

I am mainly scared about games like Cyberpunk 2077 as I can see it running terribly on base consoles, and I really wanna enjoy these games when they come out as the longer I wait the more things will be spoiled for me.

Another reason is due to me buying a new LG 4K television I want to take advantage of this and I would love to stop using 1080p images.

I don't really want to buy preowned but would it maybe worth doing so if it's sole purpose is to keep until November.

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@KratosMD That does sound like a good proposition to be honest, especially considering it will run best on PS5 most likely. I will just have to go into the no spoiler bunker for a few months!

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I don't see Cyberpunk coming to PS5 for the consoles launch, I think they will be working on the current gen versions for the foreseeable future. It might not even be until next year with a complete edition, similar to what happened with GTA V. But you will still be able to play the PS4 version on your ps5.

And I think the ps5 will be a whole lot better than 'pretty much a PS4 pro' as you put it.

@DonJorginho You really need to put not so much stock into rumour and speculation. Just be a bit more patient and see how things roll out, instead of worrying what might or might not be.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

redd214

At the very least I would say wait until we have all the ps5 details before buying anything.

redd214

Jaz007

@DonJorginho I have the logic as @KratosMD The gains just aren't enough for a PS4 pro, and the PS5 will offer the benefits in less than a year, making your new device even more useful. Honestly, if you don't already have an excellent sound system or surround sound headphones I'd invest in those instead.

Jaz007

DonJorginho

@Jaz007 I am in two minds, I will leave with you the main reasons as to why I am thinking of making the switch.

1. The PS5 will likely suffer from launch bugs and hardware issues that will not be resolved for at least 6 months.

2. Now I got my new 4K TV, 1080p looks good but meh compared to my 4K bluray player which makes me want the Pro now to enjoy the last year of this gen to it's fullest.

3. Games are starting to show their age for PS4 Slim and OG, Control and Borderlands 3 run like sh*t and games like Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2 etc will only push the system further so I want to make sure I get the best experience possible.

4. It means if I choose not to get a PS5 on launch due to big hardware issues I at least have the best PS4 available to keep me occupied till the issues are sorted.

Edited on by antdickens

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho I'm in a similar position as you, but decided to wait it out as getting a pro does not guarantee that games will run better. Games like Star Wars and Borderlands 3 still have issues on a Pro so I hear. Not every third party game runs badly on a PS4 either. So all you are paying for really is a resolution bump to 4k, and not even 'true 4k'. HDR isn't great on all games this gen either. For me that is too big an outlay for only a year.

Th3solution

@DonJorginho I’m also one of the “vanilla PS4” peasants who never upgraded to a Pro. In fact I haven’t even got a slim, I’m rockin’ the OG model and although it has served me well, I occasionally feel the temptation to get a Pro for the nice boost mode and visual upgrade that I hear about. However, like @Jaz007 , @JohnnyShoulder , @KratosMD and @redd214 have suggested, I’m leaning toward waiting on PS5 for now. It is tempting though since the Pro price is getting good.

Here’s a thought — rather than getting a Pro, how about getting an Xbox One X? It will give you actually the most bang for your buck on your 4K TV, you’ll get the best experience of the multi platform games, have the ability to play Cyberpunk and Watch Dogs Legion, etc without waiting who knows how long for the PS5 versions to release, and you’ll have the opportunity to try Xbox exclusives (are there even any good ones out there? I don’t know) and still play all the PS exclusives like GoT, TLoU 2, FF7R, etc on your Slim and still not lose much of anything. Then when PS5 comes out you upgrade straight to that for all your next gen gaming.
The only flaw in this logic as I just thought about it is that you will lose out on backwards compatibility of playing those games like Cyberpunk on the PS5. But you’ll probably want to double dip and get the PS5 complete edition version anyways rather than play the PS4 version on your PS5.

I don’t know, just a thought. Like I said, I have the same dilemma in my head and this is one approach I’ve considered. I’ve never owned an Xbox product, and it would feel a little bit like cheating on my girlfriend, but it’s an idea.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@DonJorginho I've decided to wait as well. Like @KratosMD said; Sony first party games will run fine on the vanilla PS4. Cyberpunk comes out only two months before the PS5. And TBH, those are the games I'm looking forward most. Any other third party can wait as well I think.

But at the moment I'm still playing Control. I recently bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Those games, along with TLOU2, FF7 and Ghost are probably enough to keep me occupied until the PS5 comes out.

Octane

DonJorginho

I can get a new one for £299 with Modern Warfare and if I sell my PS4 Slim I get £130 for it so really I am only paying £169 for a new PS4 Pro that will take advantage of my TV, and I know it isn't native 4K but the chequer-boarding looks miles better than standard FHD definitions.

I am mainly thinking for if the PS5 has a massive hardware fault on launch, or the production is delayed and or affected by the CV, it could be smart to enjoy the final year of peak PS4 with the most powerful version possible.

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@Octane How does Control run for you on PS4? I haven't played it yet as have been told how bad it performs.

DonJorginho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic