Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,795

RR529

I've started to notice some drift in my left stick (my character will ocassionally slightly judder to the left when I'm not touching anything), but I think it might just have some dust, so hopefully I'll be able to blow it out (it hasn't been a problem during gameplay yet, so I'm not yet too worried about it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 How long have you had your controller? I've yet to encounter this issue with a DualShock4, but my now-quite-old-and-left-to-gather-dust-between-play-sessions PS2 controllers will sometimes drift. I blow the dust out and then rotate the stick four or five times, quite hard, before releasing it and letting it flick back to centre. Usually works.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Now there's some finger gymnastics in play!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Hey, it's the QTE Age. Gotta keep all ten in peak physical condition!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, I've had it for just about a year. I blew into it this morning and it didn't show up today as far as I'm aware. I'll keep an eye on it, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JohnnyShoulder

I went onto Game on my lunch and they had God of War marked as £39.99 or £49.99, it wasn't in the 'Hits' packaging, but still what a bunch of fleecers. Won't be using them again, not that I did but I have used them online for a few bits over the years.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

carlos82

@JohnnyShoulder the only time I go anywhere near the place is when there's some kind of exclusive steelbook. I've still not forgiven them for ruining Gamestation

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Ralizah

So "Game" (name is a bit on-the-nose, no?) is the European equivalent of Gamestop, right? The big gaming chain that ran everyone else out of business years ago?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

carlos82

@Ralizah I think Gamestop is its parent company, years ago it was called Electronics Boutique and then Game. At the time we also had Gamestation which was a vastly superior store offering great trade in deals and new games, unfortunately Game bought it and effectively turned it into Game 2 and ruined it in the process. For some reason it took them a few years to realise it wasn't financially viable to run 2 competing brands often in the same locations as one another, (I even saw them literally over the road from each other) and they eventually closed what was left of Gamestation and Game has limped on ever since one bad Xmas from disappearing completely

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Gremio108

@carlos82 Remember before Electronics Boutique when they used to be Future Zone? I'm guessing Richard O'Brien threatened to sue them, or at least play his harmonica in store until they changed the name

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

carlos82

@Gremio108 Will you start the fans please

Kidfried

@Ralizah There is no big European equivalent of GameStop, really.

Seems like GAME is big in the UK, GameStop in Germany, GameMania in The Netherlands and Micromania used to be big in France, but it's been at least six year since I last went there.

I can't think of any brand right now that is big all over Europe, that isn't big in the US as well.

Kidfried

Tasuki

So I decided to try the remote play on my laptop today. It was ok. I did have a bit of lag but nothing too bad. I could probably play single player games like RDR2 or God of War without too many problems but something like CoD or Rocket League I would probably be in trouble. Still its kinda cool being able to use my PS4 when my main TV is in use.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki Yeah I would never reccomend remote play for any multiplayer games as there will always be a slight delay, but for most single player games it should be ok.

carlos82

@Tasuki I remember trying to play Rocket League on my Vita and it was virtually impossible to play, I've tried it out a few times since on single player stuff and it was pretty good but I doubt I could cope with even more lag on RDR2 😂

JON22

Why is hardly anyone playing Earth Defence Force 4.1 online on ps4? I find more games on the backwards compatible 2025 on Xbox One (even though that was handed out with games with gold, but I thought there'd be more players on the ps4 version when I bought it).

JON22

HallowMoonshadow

Oh didn't know if anyone was aware but the MediEvil Short Lived demo is up again.

At least I think it is...

I got an update for it (I hadn't deleted it yet off my hard drive) and it now has:

• Dan's Crypt (The VERY short opening level)
  • The Graveyard
  • Cemetery Hill
  • & The Hilltop Mausoleum levels

So it added the next two levels for free.

It's a pretty hefty download at 20 or so gigs for the demo from scratch... But now there's a good chunk of the game to try (& another chance to get the special sir dan helmet item for the full game that makes you take double damage if you're feeling particularly brave).

Also the light framerate troubles that I noticed playing the demo the first time round are smoothed out too! Didn't notice any hitches at all!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I picked the game up in the sale and played a little before coming home for Christmas. The controls and camera are all over the place and combat, or how I do it, feels like flailing randomly and hoping for the best..

The “game over” and kicking you to the start of the level is pretty galling when it happens too 😕

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Did you play the original @Thrillho? Cus I assure you the camera and controls were even worse in that 😂 (To be honest I always found the camera not too bothersome)

I played the entireity of the updated version of the demo with the helmet on and did quite well suprisingly (The headless zombies did nearly send Dan to an early grave though! They hit like boulders!) But the combat does feel rather button mashy/hopless flailing at times.

It does kinda make narrative sense why the combat is like that seeing as Dan is a coward/fraud He was actually only made a knight in a time of peace cus the king liked his stories soooo... he wouldn't really know how to handle a sword properly.

But the combat does feel very old school... even more so then the crash/spyro trilogy games.

I'm admittedly quite biased for MediEvil though... Very soft spot in my heart for the game.

Just make sure to have your shield up and use the charged/special moves and you should do fine! Hell your ranged weapons should easily make short work of things, especially the crossbow with it's rapid fire and ricocheting!

I don't really like the new addition of narrator lady myself... Something about her hammy performance puts me off. Though the nostalgia of all the original voice acting for everything else (Especially Zarok) just made me grin, it still has that very british humour to it.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I went into the Enchanted Forest and was in the ant hill when I last played and struggled to find a way to take them on without always losing health (finding all the fairies was also a pain).

I never played the full game but had a demo of it which I played endlessly so I’m happy to be able to play it fully now! The humour is good fun and I do enjoy the Britishness of it too.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic