Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,795

redd214

Really is a shame with those Tell Tale games. I've played 4 of them (actually just finished minecraft story mode season 2 with the kids last night) and they are spectacular for the most part. Hope they can get re-released in some capacity in the future

redd214

Th3solution

@KratosMD I don’t believe that I’ve seen any sales in TT games since they shut down. I’m not sure who gets the proceeds with any new game sales anyways. Before TT went under, the games went on sale frequently and I picked up the complete season of GotG for like $8 during one sale. I haven’t tried to download it yet, but I’m feeling like I should before too long. I recently played GoT but I had downloaded the episodes a long time ago.
Just prior to the studio going down, they were giving away TT games on PS Plus like almost every month. Seems like 3-4 months in a row we had TWD2, GoT, Tales of the BL, and Batman. I guess that was the hand writing on the wall before they went bankrupt.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD see like i said the licence goes back to the original owner and it's up to them to re-release it

still it's great news for anyone who missed out on it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

redd214

@KratosMD that's cool! Not really a fan of the source material but that's awesome that it's getting re-released. Hopefully the rest of their cat gets similar treatment

redd214

Jaz007

Well, it looks like PSN is having issues. Sigh. I retried my PS4 and it said maintenance was undergoing, even though Sony’s official site claims it’s all up and running. Explains why the free games wouldn’t load on the PS Store. I also saw a few problem go offline at the same time , so yeah. C’’mon Sony. I hope this fixes itself. @get2sammyB any issues on your guys end?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 Seemed fine here in the UK yesterday evening, and I was able to add Sniper Elite 4 to my library. Might have just been a blip or something wrong at your end.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

Moving my answer...

@ZeroOverOne It shouldn't be, no.

If you're signing into multiple PS4s with a single PSN account, make sure that you make one of them your "primary" console. I'd recommend this being the one you use the most. Go to Settings, then Account Management, and then Activate as Your Primary PS4.

If you're deleting your account from a PS4, be sure to check that setting is deactivated, otherwise some digital purchases you make on another PS4 may not work properly.

And there's no such thing as a silly question!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

There are some good deals for people in the UK, with Shopto having some offers on PSN credit and PS Plus subs.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-12-get-free-psn-cr...

PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £10.00 for £8.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £15.00 for £12.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £20.00 for £17.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £25.00 for £22.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £30.00 for £25.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £35.00 for £28.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £40.00 for £35.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £45.00 for £39.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £50.00 for £44.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £80.00 for £72.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £90.00 for £78.85
PlayStation Wallet Top-Up £100.00 for £87.85

PS Plus 3 Month Membership for £16.85
PS Plus 12 Month Membership for £39.85

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder those prices are pretty random. Buying 35 + 10 is more than a pound cheaper than buying 45. :')

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Hey, don't shoot the messenger!

Use it and abuse I say.

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego I swear I saw that it was the first time you played your ps4 and you got your first trophy!

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder I have been rumbled... all these years and all these Playstation comments on Pushsquare based on nothing but misinformation. I don't even know who Nathan Drakles is... let alone Kwatos.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution

Th3solution wrote:

@Kidfried Yeah, I have tried to be more honest with myself on some of those games that I just am not enjoying and need to cross off if they don’t sell me on their content in the first couple hours. I have some of those too. Transistor took me a while, but in the end, I finished it and felt it a decent experience. Perhaps over-rated, but I didn’t feel it a waste. Now Drawn to Death on the other hand....

You do have have to be quite brutal and more realistic at times. I know some of the games I mentioned before I will never get round to finishing or playing. I try not to concentrate so much on the number game as I know I will get overwhelmed by it.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

I'm so happy I haven't bought Life is Strange 2 season pass yet. Just found out the last episode will be released this December. Who wants to wait a full year for 5 episodes?

I really want to support Dontnod and their games, but this has been terrible for them. Worried about their future too.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried The Wolf Among Us was ridiculous for that; the gap from episode 1 to 2 was ridiculous. I now wait until all episodes are out on such games.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Yeesh, for real?

Watch the season pass drop to a tenner in the January sales.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah it seems like LiS2 has fizzled a little bit in the hype department. With such delays between episodes, it’s hard to keep a game in the public consciousness.

I would be curious to see how the average episodic game’s sales figures break down. I wonder if they usually get much buy-in early on, or if most of the games’ sales occur after all the episodes are released. I would suspect the latter. But these companies keep doing this episodic release thing so apparently some people out there actually buy these games one episode at at time in the annoying drip-feed fashion and/or buy a season pass early on even though they have to wait a year to see the full product. To each their own, but not me... I always wait and buy it all after it’s complete.

Speaking of ridiculous episodic releases — I need to play the final season of The Walking Dead. Despite the tumultuous development, it seems like Clementine’s series ends on a high note. I’ve played 3 of the 4 TWD seasons, so I can’t stop now. Skybound seems to have done the fans of the game a solid with how they saved the last episode from the grave. (Hmmm... symbolic, actually. The game rose from the dead, just like a zombie.)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I thought episodic was dying out tbh. Off the top of my head I can only think of Life of Strange and The Council that currently use the system. There is of course FFVII Remake, but that is a different beast to the rest.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I think you’re right. Surely the crash of Telltale Games is a cautionary tale for publishers. I think the episodic format was but one of many issues with TT, but it certainly didn’t help their cause. To me, the concept seems kinda like living off of too much credit — it’s just too easy to over extend yourself and spend money you don’t have yet by constantly borrowing from the future to pay for the present.
The only other one game that comes to mind is Man of Medan. It’s not truly “episodic” I guess but rather an “anthology” of related games, but to me that seems a variant of the episodic model.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic